If it's red it's locked !!!

This world has become very germaphobic(my husband included !)......how did we ever survive without Lysol wipes before?? look at the supermarkets....people wiping down their carts...did we die from diseases pre the 2000s???:confused:

This world has become very germaphobic(my husband included !)......how did we ever survive without Lysol wipes before?? look at the supermarkets....people wiping down their carts...did we die from diseases pre the 2000s???:confused:

You're so right. I'm such a hypocrite and I admit it! I laugh at my friends with kids who have everything "antibacterial." When I was a kid, I'm pretty sure I ate food right off tables, and I turned out ok. ;)

Agreed, the only area I am truly careful in is the rest room. Other than that . . .

As a side note my DD works in a lab. The professor that runs the lab will not allow anything in that is antibacterial in any way. She says all the disinfecting these days is what's allowing the superbug to take hold. If your body has never been exposed to these common germs how is going to know how to deal with them??

I absolutely agree with you. I´d consider myself partly germaphobe myself, especially when it comes to public restrooms which I try to avoid if possible. But compared to what I often read on the boards I must be a dirty pig:eek:

I use hand sanitizers at work frequently but would never see the need to use them in a private setting. Hand washing is plenty sufficient there. This includes a cruise ship. I will never use those Hand sanitizers onboard either. I know sometimes they force them on you, but fortunately they just squeeze it on you and you can get rid of it after that;)

As a side note my DD works in a lab. The professor that runs the lab will not allow anything in that is antibacterial in any way. She says all the disinfecting these days is what's allowing the superbug to take hold. If your body has never been exposed to these common germs how is going to know how to deal with them??

This is not quite true in the way you put it.

It´s correct that going overboard with desinfection in these days will weaken the immune system of people as their body isn´t trained to deal with germs.

Desinfection however has nothing to do with superbugs develloping like i.e. MRSA which is a great problem these days. Resistant germs like MRSA are not resistant against desinfection. The restistancy is against antibiotics and the reason for the resistancy does not originate in over desinfection but in improper and overuse of anitbiotics.

Bowling without beer? No beer frames? That's unAmerican!!!:(

My bowling days are long behind me, but in the day, I absolutely had to have one or two beers loosen me up before I could bowl decently.

A 150 bowler before beer, 180+ after. :D

Our center is in a dry town, hence no alcohol sales.

I have bad knees and HAVE to use handrails. I know there are megagerms (and no I am not a germaphobe) but darn it I have no choice. This is one of the reasons I like to see the antibacterial hand cleaner around the ship.

Tim

I am a little puzzled by this new product (I can't remember the company name though) but they have where they have an automatic soap dispenser where you do not have to use your hand to squirt the soap. Well, I am just wondering why you need this, if you are washing your hands after you pump the soap out you don't need the automatic soap dispenser. Just seems like a gimmick for germaphobics.

I am a little puzzled by this new product (I can't remember the company name though) but they have where they have an automatic soap dispenser where you do not have to use your hand to squirt the soap. Well, I am just wondering why you need this, if you are washing your hands after you pump the soap out you don't need the automatic soap dispenser. Just seems like a gimmick for germaphobics.

Limiting exposure as much as possible makes sense. Automatic soap dispensers make sense because:

(a) The user is pressing the button before washing his or her hands.

(b) No method of cleaning/sanatizing is 100% effective.

And what about the esculator handrail that you hold onto when entering them? Or the elevator buttons? The grossest thing I have ever seen is the hunky guy in the glass elevator that thought I couldnt see his reflection in the glass and he picked his nose upon entering and then pushed the buttons.

For all of those germaphobes who wash down their cabins, don't order drinks. Just think of all of those glasses that the bartenders/servers handles. They pick up your empty glass, and then pick up an empty glass from another table, go up to the bar, enter your order. Then if you are lucky the bartender immediately pours you another drink in a fresh glass. Your server then delivers your drink. No where in that scenario did the server wash his hands so their was a potential for cross contamination.

Also do you insist that the room steward, take the bedspread/duvett out for cleaning upon entering the room when you embark or even when visiting a hotel.. Just think what may have happened on it during the previous cruise/hotels stay and they don't always wash them between stays.

This thread has made me laugh! MY pet peeve in the women's bathroom is the women who feel a need to cover the toilet seat with protectors or (my favorite) several layers of squares of toilet paper and then leave it all on the seat! Why should I have to pick up someone's mess to use the toilet?

Sherri:)

This thread has made me laugh! MY pet peeve in the women's bathroom is the women who feel a need to cover the toilet seat with protectors or (my favorite) several layers of squares of toilet paper and then leave it all on the seat! Why should I have to pick up someone's mess to use the toilet?

My ex wife used to build that nest in public restrooms too. Never understood that one. It's the back of your leg, not more likely to catch anything there than touching the handrail, or a million other things.

Like I said before here in California the seat protectors are law and I love it. Makes it feel cleaner. I haven't noticed people not flushing them ever. 99% of the time they are flushed. Probably just little kids or really lazy people don't flush them. They usually flush on their own since the middle part hangs down.

I've been in restrooms where an automatic seat cover encircles the seat after each flush....now that is nice!

Worst restroom was at work...men would take the newspapers..read them in the "library"...lay them on the floor next to the toilet..and then finally someone would pick them up and lay them on the receptionist table......ewwww.:eek:

Nope, I own a bowling center and the women's room is always worse than the men's.

One of my first jobs was working at Wal Mart as a stockman (which basically meant I did everything from maintenance to janitorial to pushing carts).

The women's bathroom was BY FAR the worst in every aspect. There were times when I literally couldn't clean it because I was getting sick (and that's rare for me! :eek:). Sometimes it looked like they didn't aim #1 OR #2 (I'm talking on the stall walls here :o).

I was soooo happy to be transferred to Electronics. LOL.

I quit worrying about germs long ago though. Pretty much nothing bothers me anymore... good side effect of working there!

Archived