First Cruise on Serenada Of The Sea

Hello All,

My wife booked a cruise for the end of August and all of our past cruises were on Carnival. Has anyone stayed on deck 9 in the Oceanview

staterooms w/balcony?? Our first balcony and I like to relax by reading a book, have a beer and a good cigar. I have not seen if you can even smoke on the balconies.

You'll enjoy Seranade....deck 9 balconies are very nice. Yes, you may smoke on the balconies, but not in the cabin! Of course, cigar smoke may bother your neighbors, as it's much stronger than cigarette smoke, and if that's the case, there is a Cigar Bar, just in case!

You'll enjoy Seranade....deck 9 balconies are very nice. Yes, you may smoke on the balconies, but not in the cabin! Of course, cigar smoke may bother your neighbors, as it's much stronger than cigarette smoke, and if that's the case, there is a Cigar Bar, just in case!

I would MUCH rather smell a cigar or pipe than a cigarette. I, for one, LOVE the smell of a pipe. And no, I do not smoke one.

We will be taking our first cruise with Royal Caribbean on the Serenade of the Seas on August 1 going the Southern Caribbean route. We have a "hump" balcony room on the Deck 9 and I have been told it is a very nice roo

and nice deck. Of course it is your preference if you wish to smoke on tour balcony but I have read reviews that other passengers can be quite bothered by it and I would have to say I would fall in that category. Happy sailing!

You will love the Serenade. A few years ago we sailed her through the Panama Canal. This past January we sailed a b2b Southern Caribbean route. She is our favorite. The staff is fabulous. The are so friendly and accomodating. It has been voted the best RCI ship for many years and you can see the pride in everything they do. The ship is just the right size and the wide expansive windows make you feel you are really on the ocean.

The balcony cabins are wonderful. We always take binoculars with us as many times you can see flying fish and other marine animals.

The Sea View Cafe has such good food. I LOVE the onion rings! The two specialty restuarants are worth the extra cost. Chops (steak house) is $25 per person (absolutely the best lamb chops) and Portafino (Italian) is $20 per person (seafood skewer is to die for).

The Champagne Bar has free hors d'oeuvres prior to dinner. Some even have caviar on them!

Be sure to look for the two cows when you ride the elevator!

Have fun!

There is a cigar bar on Serenade. It's on the top deck, across from the Vortex night club.

You'll love the Serenade. I was on her recently. I booked for the itinerary, expecting to feel disappointed about missing the Royal Promenade. I didn't. The Serenade has her own advantages. You'll get to know your crew and fellow passengers so much better on the smaller ship. I absolutely loved Serenade and can't wait to sail on her again!

This year I have sailed on the Serenade (2nd time) and Liberty. I keep trying to find another ship that I love more than the Serenade, but I have decided it is impossible. The food, the staff, the views, the entire atmosphere on the Serenade is just impossible to beat in my opinion!:)

missbogota, try the Jewel if you love the Serenade. I have been on 3 Radiance class ships (Radiance [3X]. Serenade [3X] Jewel [2X...soon to be 3]) and the Jewel is my absolute favorite. Can't really say why since they are all beautiful and very similar. But I feel that you can never go wrong booking a Radiance class ship.

i say fire away on your balcony.

I say you don't have any idea what you are talking about.

Several years ago there was a fire on a Princess ship which was caused by someone leaving just a cigarette next to a balcony divider. It was lucky that it did not into a first-class disaster. Took out a major portion of one side of the ship though.

Although RCI uses a different material for the balcony dividers, should a fire erupt there's enough flammable material onboard for people to suffer major smoke inhalation injurires. It's also easy to get disoriented in the hallways and to get isolated in your cabins in case of an emergency if your exits are blocked.

There's a reason for rules on a ship and that reason is SAFETY for all.

You will love the "radiance" class of ship. They are (JMHO) the most magnificent of all the cruise ships I have been on. So open and airy feeling.

Glad you are NOT booked next to me. I hate having my balcony ruined by the smoker next door. Celebrity has now banned smoking on balconies. Nearly all the cruise lines will eventually follow. (The disaster of a fire on Princess several years ago doomed that practice. Not to mention the ongoing and increasingly ugly complaints about the smoke ruining the cruise for others who do not smoke.)

Have a great time on a wonderful ship!

Archived