Check out my Cruise Daily Planner

Meredisney

I noticed a few members posting their packing lists and I so I wanted to share my Cruise Daily Planner.

I'm a newer member of CC, but I've been a member of the DIS Cruise Boards for a while. I love these boards and all of the people who provide the helpful information....but I have trouble organizing all of it! So I created this planner a while back to help me. I find it really helpful when I start making reservations for excursions, spa appointments, specialty restaurants, etc. so that I can keep my days planned out.

I just thought I'd share. Happy Cruising Everyone!

P.S. This one is for an upcoming cruise on the DREAM in July, but it can be easily revised to accommodate your itinerary. I don't know how to upload a doc, so I just made it into a JPEG, but if anyone is interested just email me and I can send you the doc that was created in Microsoft office.

th_Day12.jpg

th_Day34.jpg

th_Day56.jpg

th_Day78.jpg

What are the DIS cruise boards??

All things disney. They have a forum just for disney cruisers, that is quite nice. Even roll calls. Its very active and lots of great info on which cabins to book and links, a whole bunch of cruising info.

They also have a section for the disney parks as well of course.

Hey if this works for you all the more power to you. Me - when I wake up I look at the capers and decide what to do from there with my trusty highlighter. I organize my life 357 days of the year - these 8 days are a free for all.

My husband and I do the same .. mine is for packing purposes. I plan what I am going to wear for day and evening along with shoes. Its helps me pack appropriatley. My husband on the otherhand likes to plan our dinners. However, he does a whole other spreadsheet when it comes to planning the cruise up to cruise day ... hour by hour .. uhhgg! We have to leave our home at a certain time and most of the time we arrive at our pre cruise hotel as planned. He is very very organized ... Thank God! I worry about the superficial planning .. haha!

I like it. I have put together something similar but there are a few ideas in yours that I will use. Thanks for posting it.

ETA: I do the same thing for camping too. I plan every single hour, in pencil, of course, and then it gets blown to heck with spontaneity. But I also use it as a diary of our trips as well. It's fun to look back and see what we did.

Hey if this works for you all the more power to you. Me - when I wake up I look at the capers and decide what to do from there with my trusty highlighter. I organize my life 357 days of the year - these 8 days are a free for all.

Yep this works well for us too... While we try to get the most out of a cruise we just decide that day what to do on the ship which than changes several times a day...I love no cell phone, no computers no work....

I don't know about planning out my cruise like that, but I do see where it could very useful to keep track of what you do on your cruise in order to come back to CC and post a fairly detailed review.

I might use it for journaling my cruise, not planning.

I like the idea as a planning tool, but would look at it and then wing it on the actual cruise.

I love to read up on reviews and port info. This would be great to jot down all the usefull info and help come up with a tentative plan. Then once on the cruise you have a general idea of what if anything is important that day and what time constraints you might have if you still want to do it.

Thanks for sharing

I have never done one for a cruise before but with ALASKA and having few group activiteis planned, I am going to borrow a few of your ideas. I don't use my planner at work, but going to use one on a cruise that is kind of a hoot! Thanks for sharing - I just found the Dis boards last night and they are amazing espically the door deco area and a couple of other areas I am using ideas from.

Wow some people are sure planners.

Will look at the capers (or whatever it is now called) in the morning and have a basic idea what is going on but everything is subject to change depending upon what we feel like doing at the moment.

I want to say thanks for sharing. I am a "planning fanatic" when I go into vacation mode.

Last year when my husband and I did a Canada/New England cruise (without the children) we wanted to maximize our time in all the ports to see as much as we could. I researched each port extensiveily and gathered info (via computer, maps, brochures, and ESPECIALLY Cruise Critic...ha!!!) and when it was time to leave, we selected the things that we wanted to do and put all the info pertaining to those in an envelope. I took the large yellow mailing envelopes (that you can mail letter 8 1/2 x 11 without folding them) and made one for each port. On the outside I write the date and time that we would be in port, excursion we had planned (if scheduled on our own, then I had contact info listed in case we needed to contact them after we got off the ship) and packed them in our suitcases. When we got into port and headed off the ship, I would grab our envelope and off we went. Inside it had our maps, restaurant ideas, shops to not miss, etc.. It worked so well for us!!! Also, when we get on the ship, I add our excirsion tickets to the envelopes so we don't forget them when we head out.

Sometimes when we research so much, we tend to forget half of what we read if we don't document it somewhere. I usually overplan at each port and we tend to do about half of what we wanted to do. It is okay if we don't see or do it all, but if it is written down for me, then I don't have to keep up in my brain..ha!!! Because on vacation, my brain does take a break!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Can you email me a copy of your planner (nicki1pt@hotmail.com)? I love to organize things as well. This sounds great, but I can't view the pictures. On a side note: Does anyone know of a map of the Carnival Liberty layout/map other than looking at the individual decks?

Thanks!

I noticed a few members posting their packing lists and I so I wanted to share my Cruise Daily Planner.

I'm a newer member of CC, but I've been a member of the DIS Cruise Boards for a while. I love these boards and all of the people who provide the helpful information....but I have trouble organizing all of it! So I created this planner a while back to help me. I find it really helpful when I start making reservations for excursions, spa appointments, specialty restaurants, etc. so that I can keep my days planned out.

I just thought I'd share. Happy Cruising Everyone!

P.S. This one is for an upcoming cruise on the DREAM in July, but it can be easily revised to accommodate your itinerary. I don't know how to upload a doc, so I just made it into a JPEG, but if anyone is interested just email me and I can send you the doc that was created in Microsoft office.

th_Day12.jpg

th_Day34.jpg

th_Day56.jpg

th_Day78.jpg

I have a packing list saved based on number of cruise days and number of people going....

(sometimes 3 of us...sometimes 4 ~when oldest can get a break from college)

and a load list to make sure everything I pack gets loaded into the van...

but that is about as organized as I get for a vacation....

Archived