Hot Breakfast from Room Service

suncruising

The point is I'd like a hot, high protein, healthy breakfast in my room while getting showered and dressed after my morning workout and was wondering what my options are. I have no interest in going out at that time, it's just my preference. People's assumptions and "educated guesses" are very wrong about our room.

On another note (not necessarily you freddie1974) I'm astounded by how rude some people are on this site, especially when it's a new person asking a question. People's questions deserve respect. If you don't respect it, ignore it.

If you don't mind a little diversion after your workout the International Cafe has a breakfast sandwich that may fulfil your needs.

I am astounded on how thin some posters skins are on this board. Disagreement does not equal disrespect.

If you don't mind a little diversion after your workout the International Cafe has a breakfast sandwich that may fulfil your needs.

I am astounded on how thin some posters skins are on this board. Disagreement does not equal disrespect.

Thank you for the tip about the International Cafe.

I agree that disagreement isn't disrespect. I'm referring to some of the blatant disrespect I've seen on various threads. Some people are unnecessarily judgmental.

I agree that disagreement isn't disrespect. I'm referring to some of the blatant disrespect I've seen on various threads. Some people are unnecessarily judgmental.

Heck, yesterday I was accused in another thread of having cheated businesses in the past by taking advantage of mistaken prices becuase I defended someone who feels Carnival should honor a mistaken quote after it was booked. I just roll out my best sarcastic wit and fire back.

I agree with your comments - - some posters just sound like they think they are better than others by being rude :mad: and making nasty comments. Be nice ppl :)

Happy Cruising..........

DonnaF :D

Has anyone had any luck with writing in their order on the breakfast room service menus you leave on your door? It's a continental breakfast menu but I'm wondering if you've been successful writing in something like:

3 scrambled eggs

rye toast

bacon

If so, do they charge? Since supposedly you can order anything being served in the dining room at that time and also 24 hours a day I don't see why you have to make a phone call in the morning. It seems like this would be more convenient because they'd know farther in advance. Thanks!

Suncruising, the bad thing about forums is that people can't hear your tone or see your body language. Your question kind of implies "Hey since they are supposed to do this, why must I make a @## phone call"

I think some might read this into your question and answered in kind. Your question is legitimate. It's just the phrasing that has put people on the defensive.

I haven't got a simple way around your problem, except to say maybe you can bribe you wife (assuming you're married or travel companion) to get up and get you a hot breakfast and bring it back to your room. A bribe like....... a little diamond bauble from one of the ports. What's it worth?:D

Or perhaps it you change your thoughts and think "I will run up and down those stairs five times before bringing back my breakfast and consider THAT part of my workout.":D:D:D

Question: How many flights of stairs does it take to work off bacon, eggs, and rye toast? Is the toast buttered?

Oh, wait. I'm assuming you're a man since women have been foraging all their lives. But on the off chance you are a woman, there are lots of bribes I think to give to a man. They ususally respond quicker to bribery - IMHO.:D

I tried writing in hot items on RCI Freedom and they were not honored. They only had continental items on the room service breakfast card. So it's hit or miss.

Everything is hit or miss, but I got eggs and bacon every time I asked on both the Independence and the Mariner. I don't really like glob scrambled eggs so I asked for fried eggs and got them, and unlike scrabled eggs they are not on the room service menu. I like RCIs raisin bread and that was miss more often than hit on the Mariner. Which is strange because it always available in all RCIs dining areas. Go figure.:D.

JC

Room service is one area where Princess fails to deliver. If you can get coffee and sticky buns why not something a bit more desirable?
Take a look at some of the other posts, like "we want a hot ... breakfast." It is really difficult to get "hot" eggs from stove to customer (or even in my house from stove to table) without some cooling involved. I suspect that Princess received many negative comments about food not being hot in the a.m., which drove them to conclude they could not deliver the quality service people want with hot breakfasts.

I know we got some occasional cool eggs from room service before they changed the menu, but seeing as we aren't complainers, did not comment. We've also had cool eggs just going from Horizon Court hot plate/heat lamp to our table, so we just considered it luck of the draw.

I so agree with you on this. The buffet is a ZOO in the AM on port days, and we rarely go to the dining room for breakfast. It would free up space at the HC if they extended their room service menu for breakfast (if not other meals as well).

Toto...had not thought of this and you are so right! What an excellent suggestion.

On the rudeness topic, I have also felt that there is a group, and it tends to be the same individuals, on this website that are particularly hostile. I, myself, have held back starting threads where I feel that I will be attacked.

Judith

Take a look at some of the other posts, like "we want a hot ... breakfast." It is really difficult to get "hot" eggs from stove to customer (or even in my house from stove to table) without some cooling involved. I suspect that Princess received many negative comments about food not being hot in the a.m., which drove them to conclude they could not deliver the quality service people want with hot breakfasts.

I know we got some occasional cool eggs from room service before they changed the menu, but seeing as we aren't complainers, did not comment. We've also had cool eggs just going from Horizon Court hot plate/heat lamp to our table, so we just considered it luck of the draw.

I think you are too hung up on HOT....hot is used to differentiate between the two types of breakfast, not a a piping hot breakfast.....cereal is a cold breakfast, eggs are a hot breakfast.....that being said since room service on Celebrity uses those metal plate covers that are warmed and the plates are warmed I believe, my HOT breakfast on X is always warm and very tasty...the only thing that doesnt hold its heat is toast so thats why I just order crosaints! :)........so the point of this thread is if X can do it why can't Princess??? Truth is they can but prefer not to go to the trouble which is why we all have choices...

I think you are too hung up on HOT....hot is used to differentiate between the two types of breakfast, not a a piping hot breakfast.....cereal is a cold breakfast, eggs are a hot breakfast.....that being said since room service on Celebrity uses those metal plate covers that are warmed and the plates are warmed I believe, my HOT breakfast on X is always warm and very tasty...the only thing that doesnt hold its heat is toast so thats why I just order crosaints! :)........so the point of this thread is if X can do it why can't Princess??? Truth is they can but prefer not to go to the trouble which is why we all have choices...

Actually, the proper word would probably be a 'cooked' (instead of hot) breakfast. :) As it stands now, the items on the breakfast menu for room service are not actually cooked breakfast items.

Actually, the proper word would probably be a 'cooked' (instead of hot) breakfast. :) As it stands now, the items on the breakfast menu for room service are not actually cooked breakfast items.

LOL maybe so, but donuts and pasteries are cooked they just aren't hot! ;)

Has anyone had any luck with writing in their order on the breakfast room service menus you leave on your door? It's a continental breakfast menu but I'm wondering if you've been successful writing in something like:

3 scrambled eggs

rye toast

bacon

If so, do they charge? Since supposedly you can order anything being served in the dining room at that time and also 24 hours a day I don't see why you have to make a phone call in the morning. It seems like this would be more convenient because they'd know farther in advance. Thanks!

Hi Suncruise..

I never thought about writing it in, but on our last cruise (we were in balcony cabins on the Emerald) our next door neighbors did and they were rewarded with omelets and bacon as they requested.

After a couple of days of room service I started to trapse down to the international cafe, get a couple of freshly brewed coffees while my wife was getting ready. The IC has some awesome (I mean awesome) pastries. Grab three and munch on one for the trip back to the cabin..:D..

In any event, have a great cruise...

It is hit or miss. We have cruised on the Carribean Princess twice, the Golden and the Ruby. We have wrote in eggs, bacon and sausage probably 15 or 20 times. We have received what we ordered about 80% of the time. It wasn't specific to any given ship, because we received it on all ships and sometimes we didn't. We have never booked a suite, so that did not play into the equation. My guess is that it depended on how busy the staff was at the time of delivery.

Hope this helps. We are booked on the Royal in a couple of weeks and I will try it again. There is nothing like enjoying a breakfast on the balcony!

I had great luck last fall on the Sapphire. I ordered hot items each morning by just writing them in on the room service order form. I kept them simple: scrambled eggs with bacon, or omelet with bacon, Eggs with hash browns. Did this for 4 mornings on the cruise and got everything I ordered on the tray. I DID NOT order any of the bread items cause I didn't want any of them. I did order fruit once with my written in hot items. Other than what I wrote in..the only things I crossed on the order form to be delivered were drinks. So I guess they had to bring me my hot items or give me a call about it cause other than the hot items I didn't cross off any of the food choices.

Give it a try, but please keep it simple. I would not order Eggs Benedict or special waffles, etc. You might not get that stuff.

We were staying in a balcony cabin...don't think that made a difference though.

3 scrambled eggs

rye toast

bacon

You are on the wrong cruise line. When you cruise on Holland America you can get a full breakfast in your cabin, and most of the time its even hot.

Hank

Hello all...just a question about the International Cafe onboard the Emerald...

The Princess website lists the charge for items served there as "nominal charge". It appears from some of the postings I have read on this site, that some items are no charge. Could someone give me more info as to costs from this venue?

While on the Ruby, I noticed the attractive food displays at the International Cafe but never got around to inquiring exactly what the charges might be.

Thanks for your help.. Anne

We were on the CP last summer and when my husband called Room Service in the morning to order breakfast, they asked him what he wanted. He said, "I would LOVE bacon and eggs, but it's not on the menu. The lady working the phones told him that we could have a hot breakfast - all we had to do was ask for it.... we were in a mini-suite. The order didn't arrive REALLY hot - but it was as hot as a hamburger, fries or soup ordered at lunch time. We will be on the CP again this summer and plan on ordering a HOT breakfast from Room Service - hopefully we won't be disappointed.

Happy Cruising.

Thank you all for your responses to my question about charges in the International Cafe.

The items in their display cases looked so appealing on our last trip. I plan to try them on our cruise next April! Anne

Archived