JS 9618 Mariner

Does anyone have comments about this cabin and balcony?\, please? It's been several years since we had a JS and I don't remember a whole lot about them. I know there is a seating area, but how is it configured? I know it's a full bath, not just shower. How is the balcony? We usually stay aft on deck 10, but JS's with a residence discount a couple of months ago made this too cheap to say no to!

You will walk into the cabin and the bath is on one side, the closet on the other, then comes the bed, then, next to the balcony is the living room...with sofa, a chair or two (can't remember...never sat in them!!!) and coffee table. Of course, the vanity is opposite the bed.

The balcony is as wide as the room, and is ample for 2 adult....no loungers, tho.

Since you're on the hump, you will have a great view from your balcony! Our JS balcony on Voyager had 2 regular chairs, a small table, and chair with an attached foot stool - very comfy! The seating area is by the balcony door with a small couch against the wall, a coffee table, and 2 chairs across from the couch and coffee table.

The JS's also have a TON of storage/cabinet space, the closet is a walk-in, and the bathroom has a tub/shower. The small refrigerator is by the balcony door under the safe - we didn't discover it until debarkation day!! :o I just thought it was more shelf space....

9618 is right by the aft elevators - so you'll have quick access to the pool and Windjammer. I'm sure you will enjoy it!

We had 9318 last month. It's the same cabin as you, except for the other side of the ship. This was a FABULOUS cabin. We loved everything about it.

The balcony is huge and since you're right in the middle of the hump you can see all the way up and down the ship. The room was very spacious and has totally spoiled us from here on. It's very close to the elevator which makes it extremely convenient and yet it's very quiet so you won't hear any elevator noise.

Here's a picture of the room. I'll try to send the other one I wanted to give you in a separate post because it wouldn't take both of them together on this one.

DSC01840.jpg.f656cd12d5ec1f0f0e15abf33da607af.jpg

For some weird reason the pic I wanted to give you won't upload, but this is similar.

You're so going to love this cabin, this ship and this cruise. I want to go back!!

DSC01842.jpg.6ebe64644a639d98e91a5436dfc85029.jpg

The only thing that would give me pause about 9618 is that it's right under the piano in the Royal Suite on Deck 10. I remember reading a thread about a year ago where the residents of the Royal Suite commented about people complaining about the noise they made. Otherwise, I think the cabin would be a terrific one, as would any JS. The hump cabins are a tiny bit larger than the standard JS cabins to accomodate the curve. We had 9324 a few years ago and loved everything about it.

We stayed in 9618 twice and loved it. The elevators are close and even though they are the aft elevators, they really are center ship.

If Mariner were still in Pt Canaveral, we would still be sailing on her and in 9618 too! Enjoy!

We had 9318 last month. It's the same cabin as you, except for the other side of the ship. This was a FABULOUS cabin. We loved everything about it.

The balcony is huge and since you're right in the middle of the hump you can see all the way up and down the ship. The room was very spacious and has totally spoiled us from here on. It's very close to the elevator which makes it extremely convenient and yet it's very quiet so you won't hear any elevator noise.

Here's a picture of the room. I'll try to send the other one I wanted to give you in a separate post because it wouldn't take both of them together on this one.

I agree, it IS a great cabin! I've had it twice!:D

X --- I love the video. I was some what surprised to see how casual everyone was dressed when I looked at your promenade party photo's. Was that the first night? I really don't mind but if that is the norm I can remake my packing list and add many more pairs of jeans.

I have heard from many that the MR is very casual.

We have had 9618 twice on the Mariner and once on the Explorer. It is a great cabin. Very close to the elevators and a great view from the balcony (you can looks both ways on the ship and see everything.) I also think that the closet may be slightly larger then regular JS. My in-laws had a JS on deck 10 and their closet seemed a little smaller then ours. Maybe it was just me. Their is a larger couch then in the regular balconies, a chair with an ottoman and a lounger on the balcony. There is also more space in the bathroom and the tub was great. We did hear the piano from the Royal Suite a couple of nights, but it usually wasn't very late. You have made a great choice

We have been in 9618 twice and once in 9318. No problems at all with noise from the elevators since you are around behind a wall. We also never heard the piano above us. Only noise was an occasional person running down the hall or yelling, but that would affect any room.

Enjoy the room its very nice.

The only thing that would give me pause about 9618 is that it's right under the piano in the Royal Suite on Deck 10.....

We also have Jr Suite 9618 for our March 2011 cruise on the Voyager and if the people above us "knows" how to play the piano I would love it. There is nothing like great piano playing to relax the mind and sooth the body.

I have a video if you look at the Feb 2009 link below....it's on webshots.

We had it this past Feb and heard the piano for MAYBE 20 minutes the whole time...sounded like a kid plunking out random notes, not actual playing...but last year....(2009) :eek::rolleyes::mad:

It is NOT next to the elevators, rather around the corner (which I show in the video!)

have fun.....

(BTW it was on Ex, but the set up will be the same-as in getting to the cabin-on any Voyager class ship..)

Archived