For those who have seen the Oasis of the Seas

Luckysll

On our B2B on the Miracle next year, we will be in one of the ports along with the Oasis of the Seas. I'm looking forward to seeing the ship. I don't have any desire to cruise on a ship that big, just want to see it after all the talk about it.

For those who have seen the Oasis while cruising, I'm curious to know what you thought. If you were considering cruising on the Oasis, did seeing her change your mind? Or did you think "wow, I'd like to try the ship now that I've seen it." Did it reinforce your decision either to try the ship or not?

Maybe it had no effect on you one way or another. :D

will it be on the first leg or second? I also dont want to cruise on a ship that big but would love to see it!!

It will be on the first leg. I believe it will be in St. Maarten the day we are there.

We saw the Oasis of the Seas on the weekend that it arrived at Port Everglades last November. We were on the Carnival Freedom, which was docked next to the Oasis.

It is a big ship! I tried to take pictures of the Oasis from the Freedom. No matter where I was on the Freedom, I couldn't take a complete picture of the Oasis without cutting off parts of the ship.

The Oasis looks top heavy with a short white hull with deck after deck of glass balconies. Also on the bow of the Oasis is a helicopter landing pad.

Do I want to take the Oasis out for a spin in the Caribbean? Maybe. The ideal of being on a cruise with 5,000 of my closest friends doesn't appeal to me, but I would definately like to see it from the inside and to see all the amenities the ship has to offer.

Cnv0077.jpg.f5353803922bd84318f1b4567f429e74.jpg

Cnv0095.jpg.c0cfdcbb38a062591dcf04dae3ece850.jpg

Cnv0096.jpg.7c87b49f3551fc32606849491bc43816.jpg

Cnv0155.jpg.300ce3be8eee7514cdeda3b609cf2629.jpg

She came in next to us in Nassau back in February. We were on the Destiny had a balcony so we had a great view. She is a truly amazing, beautiful, BIG Ship. That being said only way we'd go on her is if were all expenses paid for by someone else...........to big, to many people, just not our liking or style. I'm not sure you could really enjoy the entire ship in just 7 days. Your port will be crowded once she come in as it's like two ships coming in not one..............

I've been on Oasis. I can honestly say that the ship does NOT feel crowded (although there were only 4,800 passengers when I went) and it doesn't feel nearly as big as she is. She is that well laid out. It is easy to find and get to anywhere on the ship.

As nice as the outside is, it doesn't do any justice to her interior. She is absolutely breath-takingly beautiful. Very modern, bright and soothing colors such as blues, gold and white.

I know many on this board wouldn't think to sail her, but I guarantee you that if you did, you'd be surprised.

Oasis was my last cruise and it is an amazing ship. She might carry a lot of people but it doesn't mean they are all crammed on there. There were many times when I felt like hardly anyone was near me. True, you see some crowds at certain times, but nothing like a lot of people imagine. Believe me, RCL worked out the whole flow of the ship and crowd control. I was completely impressed with the design. She is absolutely beautiful on the inside as well. It might not be the way I want to cruise all the time, but we plan on doing Allure in the future.

On our B2B on the Miracle next year, we will be in one of the ports along with the Oasis of the Seas. I'm looking forward to seeing the ship. I don't have any desire to cruise on a ship that big, just want to see it after all the talk about it.

For those who have seen the Oasis while cruising, I'm curious to know what you thought. If you were considering cruising on the Oasis, did seeing her change your mind? Or did you think "wow, I'd like to try the ship now that I've seen it." Did it reinforce your decision either to try the ship or not?

Maybe it had no effect on you one way or another. :D

I hope to see it when I'm on another ship just to say I've seen it, would like to try it someday but I think we'll wait till the novelty wears off and the prices come down.

Hey Sandy how are things in the most beautiful city in the world?

Our good friends sailed her a couple of months ago....

they did not have any issue with crowding...

their main complaint is that they never got to see the ocean (since they had an interior room)

it was like they weren't on a cruise ship......

I was supposed to do Oasis this year, but cancelled, due to problems, and rescheduled for next year. Crossing my fingers nothing goes wrong... and no health issues with my parents.

Frankly, I am so excited I cant wait. I read the Oasis threads and moon over them, crazy to go, and its a long long wait still. I have 3 or 4 Carnival cruises at least before Oasis. ..but truly I cant wait, excited about Oasis like no other ship. Prices Sept 2011, at the same as what I originally booked at $729. I wouldnt pay that much usually, but its worth it for something special imo.

We were in port with her in Nassau in March. I didn't really even know she exisisted and fell in love at first sight. I would LOVE to try her out, but since we are a family of 5 who would have to travel to her from MD, it would be a tad too costly for us.

We met a nice couple in a bar in Nassau who were on her and they told us all about the ship. They also said that you would never know there was so many people on her. They never had an issue with crowds or lines. They loved it.

I've been on Oasis. I can honestly say that the ship does NOT feel crowded (although there were only 4,800 passengers when I went) and it doesn't feel nearly as big as she is. She is that well laid out. It is easy to find and get to anywhere on the ship.

As nice as the outside is, it doesn't do any justice to her interior. She is absolutely breath-takingly beautiful. Very modern, bright and soothing colors such as blues, gold and white.

I know many on this board wouldn't think to sail her, but I guarantee you that if you did, you'd be surprised.

Oasis was my last cruise and it is an amazing ship. She might carry a lot of people but it doesn't mean they are all crammed on there. There were many times when I felt like hardly anyone was near me. True, you see some crowds at certain times, but nothing like a lot of people imagine. Believe me, RCL worked out the whole flow of the ship and crowd control. I was completely impressed with the design. She is absolutely beautiful on the inside as well. It might not be the way I want to cruise all the time, but we plan on doing Allure in the future.

After sailing on the Oasis on two occassions (one a 2 night TA pre inaugural cruise with 4800 pax and the other sailing with paying passengers of approx. 5400), I saw no difference in crowd issues at all, UNLIKE THE "Dream" :(.....RCI designed this ship correctly regarding passenger flow and its overall layout.;)

As for the exterior of the ship... not much difference than the Voyager class in appearance other than looking like they took a straw and blew hard in the middle to expand the size ! The real differences are noticeable when you board this gorgeous ship... the interior, the decor and all it offers is simply put.....Fabulous :D

All in all, the "ship" in itself could easily be stated as the destination in itself.... if the ports of call seem less than favorable to you.

Never say never....:eek:

Stood between Oasis of the Seas and Carnival Destiny last weekend while in Nassau. One was the largest cruise ship in 1996/1997, and the other is the largest cruise ship now. Wow, what a difference!! :eek:

At noon, I was aboard Carnival Sensation relaxing on the Serenity Deck, and was able to fully see "The Oasis Effect" to Nassau for several hours. Excursion groups came by in such masses that it was amazing (and a bit scarey) to watch. Oasis was supposed to arrive after Sensation, but they got there just before us. I did not go into Nassau at all, and not even into the port building, but from the info shared by my table mates that evening, the place was packed.

I waited several hours before heading out to do my up-close viewing, and the dock area near that ship was still full of people. I spoke with several of the Oasis passengers to get their own final impressions of the ship (since they returned home the next day), and, without exception, the ones I spoke with loved it. They also said that despite breaking a record for most passengers ever during that sailing, there were few areas on the ship that felt crowded - but that it was always busy getting on or off the ship. I do personally think RCCL did some quality flow studies before putting that ship in the waters. I only wish all the lines did.

after sailing on the oasis on two occassions (one a 2 night ta pre inaugural cruise with 4800 pax and the other sailing with paying passengers of approx. 5400), i saw no difference in crowd issues at all, unlike the "dream" :(.....rci designed this ship correctly regarding passenger flow and its overall layout.;)

. . + 1 . .

I hope to see it when I'm on another ship just to say I've seen it, would like to try it someday but I think we'll wait till the novelty wears off and the prices come down.

Hey Sandy how are things in the most beautiful city in the world?

Hi Ken. Things are good here. :D

I see you've got a cruise coming up on the Destiny. Sorry you won't be joining the (Pana)Maniacs on the Miracle.

I say no thank you to the O. Bigger doesn't mean better. I will be on the Dream twice coming up, and that is about the biggest I will go. Even the Grand princess at 100,000 tons was a bit much. One of my favorite cruises was on the NCL Sea, which was the smallest ship I have been on. I am sad she is gone. We got to be friends with a lot of passengers and saw them again and again. And, she was a beauty.

Plus, I would so not like being in port with that many people!

It will be on the first leg. I believe it will be in St. Maarten the day we are there.

Ahh too bad we wont see it, looking at pictures you can really see how big it is, but to have a carnival ship next to it would be a great way to compair them.

Ahh too bad we wont see it, looking at pictures you can really see how big it is, but to have a carnival ship next to it would be a great way to compair them.

I just posted a pic.. it is beside a Costa ship.. which is the same as the Spirit class for Carnival;)

Archived