For those who have seen the Oasis of the Seas

Luckysll

I like to sail different lines. I have enjoyed Carnival, Princess, RCI etc. So it is fair to say I do not have an allegiance to one line. with that said, The Oasis was an amazing ship. It doesn't feel crowded and you do have connection to the water. If one is interested in cruise ships, this is a marvel and worth trying. As much as I loved the Oasis, I am so looking forward to cruising on the Pride in a month.

You might have better luck getting views on a RCCL ship over on the RCCL forum....

Just sayin' :rolleyes:

I think the OP wants opinions from Carnival cruisers. Does seeing the ship make you want to sail on it? It is a legitamate question.

My family is begging us to go on Oasis but NOW I cannot afford it. So, I priced it for next October (2011) and the price was amazingly reasonable. I think the prices are comparable to other RCCL ships (and the price is similar for what I am paying for the CCL Liberty this coming October). The ONLY thing I am waiting for is the next year school calendar to come out.

This is truly an amazing vessel and Royal Caribbean hit it big time with the Oasis!! There was so much skepticism about it before it made its debut, but it is making believers out of all the naysayers!!!

For those who want to sail Oasis but can't afford it now, price it out for next fall.....you might be surprised!!!

Who the hell can afford to cruise on OASIS????? Last I checked the cheapest inside cabin on her goes for at least $1350 for the next six months or so. Are you kidding me? How are they sailing full these days at those rates? I'm amazed at how many folks would spend so much for a 7 day cruise on her....Ridiculous. Seems like a lot of stupid folks to me.

Since we have been on only three cruises, I can clearly say that after going on RCL's Explorer we decided that size of ship was too big and we preferred the other two smaller ships (Grandeur and Empress).

In July we're going on the Glory. I think that ship is close to the same size as the Explorer (maybe slightly smaller) but from what I have experienced, the smaller the ship the better and more relaxing the cruise.

Another thing I don't like about big cruise ships - the interior mall part.

Since we have been on only three cruises, I can clearly say that after going on RCL's Explorer we decided that size of ship was too big and we preferred the other two smaller ships (Grandeur and Empress).

In July we're going on the Glory. I think that ship is close to the same size as the Explorer (maybe slightly smaller) but from what I have experienced, the smaller the ship the better and more relaxing the cruise.

Another thing I don't like about big cruise ships - the interior mall part.

Glory's actually a good deal smaller than Explorer, 110,000grt to 138,000grt. The Voyager Class ships actually have the highest space/pax ratio of the mass market classes of ships... Royal goofed IMO when they reduced it greatly on the Freedom Class ships (which have a space ratio roughly equivalent to the Conquest Class although the public rooms feel bigger).

Hope you have a great trip on the Glory! Sounds like she's in great shape after the recent refurb.

Who the hell can afford to cruise on OASIS????? Last I checked the cheapest inside cabin on her goes for at least $1350 for the next six months or so. Are you kidding me? How are they sailing full these days at those rates? I'm amazed at how many folks would spend so much for a 7 day cruise on her....Ridiculous. Seems like a lot of stupid folks to me.

Not everything comes down to money for everyone. And why that makes them/us stupid is beyond me. Enjoy your pb&j at lunch. :p

I agree!! It's jaw dropping!!

I said I didn't think I'd sail a ship that big (only because of the amount of pax on board) but, with all the comments about how it doesn't feel crowded, that makes me think that ship would be worth a go....IF the price was right.

I have to wonder why Carnival put all that time, energy and $$$ into the Dream and designed her basically the same as the other CCL ships?? I think it's time they step out of the box for goodness sake. RCI is always taking risks with new inovations and designs. I don't like all their ideas, but applaud them for doing something different all the time...NCL went over the top with the Epic It's unlike any cruise ship I've ever seen. CCL might do well to take a chance on something new.

I agree with this post 100%!

I'm well over Platinum with Carnival but I absolutely will be sailing Allure Summer of 2011. I'm tired of the same ol, same ol with Carnival.

I love big ships and it seems as though RCI built their ships the RIGHT way with an efficient use of space so public areas and buffets don't seem crowded even though there are a lot of people on board. I'm also a big fan of creativity an innovation, something Carnival's engineer's and ship designers seem to be sorely lacking these days.

Whether you like RCI or not, and I was one who was STAUNCHLY against them....you have to admit their ships are something to marvel at.

Apparently a lot of people.

I honestly don't think the prices are outrageous when you account for the fact that the ship is still VERY new, and it offers things that no other ship at sea does. I feel you get what you pay for with this ship.

Ridiculous? Stupid folks? You sound quite angry. I'm sure its not that serious.

Here were my thoughts.........

I saw her when she just pulled into Port Everglades, just before her first cruise. I did not see her until we came back from the Freedom, Panama Canal. I actually got up at 4am to get out on the bridge deck and watch us pull in next to her.

There were people everywhere on her......at 4am in the morning none-the-less! She's a monster. What's scarey is that she wasn't even filled with her first passengers, but merely crew members and I had heard there were travel agents that got to take a sneak peek before she took out her first group.

I knew she was coming into Port Everglades even before we left. I thought to myself, "I'm glad I'm not seeing her before I get on the Freedom, otherwise I would have a bit of ship envy". But you know what - after I saw her (and experienced the Freedom 3600 passengers), I realized, she's just way too big!!!

She's pretty and I like all her amendities - I just wish they were offered on a smaller ship.

Archived