For those who have seen the Oasis of the Seas

Luckysll

We are going on the Freedom in September and the Oasis is gonna leave out the day before. I told hubby that I wanted to make sure we get there,so that we can see her! I can't wait to see how big it is,I am not sure I wanna take a cruise on it though.

Taken on arrival into Nassau on Friday 4/9/10 while onboard Carnival Sensation.

Oasis of the Seas - - Carnival Destiny - - Disney Wonder - - MSC Poesia

840297614_XtJLK-M.jpg

840297515_9B8Ko-M.jpg

Later taken after Destiny & Wonder left . . .

840298437_YuyuH-M.jpg

Taken on arrival into Nassau on Friday 4/9/10 while onboard Carnival Sensation.

Oasis of the Seas - - Carnival Destiny - - Disney Wonder - - MSC Poesia

840297614_XtJLK-M.jpg

840297515_9B8Ko-M.jpg

Later taken after Destiny & Wonder left . . .

840298437_YuyuH-M.jpg

These pictures put the size in perfect perspective. Make the other "large" ships look like kids bathtub toys.

Just to add......

RCL did one thing incredibly well. Embarkation lasted exactly 12 minutes from drop off to being on the ship. I timed it as I didn't think they would ever be able to do it in under 15 minutes as they were hoping.

For those that say "its too big" give it a try. As others have said, I was amazed that they ship didnt feel crowded (and at times almost deserted). The only thing that was really packed was the night club.

There are also comments around those that say you can't see the sea. You can't see the sea from inside rooms either :) I was booked in a balcony overlooking Central Park. Yes, I would have preferred an ocean view balcony but the area was beautiful to see--especially at night with all of the special lighting.

I took a lot of pictures and now can't seem to find them. I hope I didn't accidentally delete them.

I'd love the opportunity to tour her... but cruise on her -- NO THANKS!!! Oasis is too big!!!

My BFF is a RCL Faithful ... and she was on her second voyage... Even with the week on board, she said it was too big and was frustrated she missed it all!!! When she cruised with me on ECSTASY... she was amazed!!! She LOVED ECSTASY!!! And before she boarded... she knew she would be bored!!! But, instead, she loved all the activites and knowing she wasn't missing other things while she did or watched or relaxed...

I for one, love the smallness and intimacy of the Fantasy Class... But I love the 7+ day cruises of the Conquest Class...

I wouldn't go on the ship. It is too big and most features and amenities on the ship are not what I want in a cruise. I don't care about the modern decor--if I want modern decor I'll book a nice all-inclusive resort in the Caribbean. I want an interesting decor not something I can see in any hotel.

In September the ship I will be on will have NCL's Epic in port. I am interested to see that ship and see if it is as ugly as the drawings/pictures I have seen...

In September the ship I will be on will have NCL's Epic in port. I am interested to see that ship and see if it is as ugly as the drawings/pictures I have seen...

My personal thought is that the NCL EPIC exterior will be as butt-ugly in real life as it is in artist renderings. That is one very odd ship design from the outside.

But . . . I do encourage you to check out the interior features. Rather amazing use of space, and I don't think it will have the crowding effect of some other ships.

I'm SO looking forward to sailing on EPIC next February with some special Cruise Critic friends. I'll just have to deal with the 'interesting view' at each port's embarkation and debarkation. :) :)

While on the Dream and in St Maarten the Oasis was docked next to us. What a beautiful ship and yes, it took a few attempts to get pictures of her to fit in the viewfinder. We plan on being on her or the Allure at some point. Interesting that the reports of crowds/flow control is positive as they continue to break their own capacity records.

1500656105_CarnivalDreamMarch2010045.jpg.b6b9e02bfde9b7fac1fc20eb772946e3.jpg

99906010_CarnivalDreamMarch2010043.jpg.3c6716d44e07e76defac2460a3aa4028.jpg

431154415_CarnivalDreamMarch2010082.jpg.94350b2e64fbd9b736444277b4489b56.jpg

Thanks to Tom-n-cheryl.. here is a pic from his photos..;)

776299898_io2ss-L.jpg

All I have to say is "Wow"! We saw OOS in Ft. Lauderdale and from a distance she didn't look that much bigger from other boats, however this pix really makes the difference clear!! Although I don't think we'd ever want to cruise on her (wouldn't use most of the extras - zip line, ice rink, etc), it's fun to see her!

She is a beast! I enjoyed our cruise on the Rhapsody, I tend to stick to Carnival because the price is right and the VIP status is nice. I would try the Oasis out, the pictures I've seen are amazing. She really has a lot to offer.

We just got off the Dream yesterday, so we were in ports twice with the Oasis. My DH thought the Dream was a little too big, so we wouldn't even think about the Oasis. In some cases, bigger is not better. It looked beautiful, but we just thought it was too big. We have friends that basically only cruise RCI, and they were on her and said the same thing. To each his own, I guess. We like the Spirit and Conquest classes the best.

I'd love the opportunity to tour her... but cruise on her -- NO THANKS!!! Oasis is too big!!!

My BFF is a RCL Faithful ... and she was on her second voyage... Even with the week on board, she said it was too big and was frustrated she missed it all!!! When she cruised with me on ECSTASY... she was amazed!!! She LOVED ECSTASY!!! And before she boarded... she knew she would be bored!!! But, instead, she loved all the activites and knowing she wasn't missing other things while she did or watched or relaxed...

I for one, love the smallness and intimacy of the Fantasy Class... But I love the 7+ day cruises of the Conquest Class...

Precisely why we booked the Elation for 7 days out of Mobile. Sensation is fave ship so far (Liberty was too big), but definitely wanted to go for more than 5 days.

For those who have seen the Oasis while cruising, I'm curious to know what you thought. If you were considering cruising on the Oasis, did seeing her change your mind? Or did you think "wow, I'd like to try the ship now that I've seen it." Did it reinforce your decision either to try the ship or not?

I saw it while on a land trip, not cruise trip, but nonetheless, I saw it. WOW, it just makes all the other ships look like dollhouse miniatures! Crazy.

I would love to sale the Oasis with some friends in the two-bedroom aft wrap suite ... someday when we're rich, haha! :p But maybe we'll slowly save up for it....

Seeing the ship in person didn't really have any bearing on whether or not I wanted to go on it; seeing photos of the insides of the ship and reading about what's on the ship did. Seeing it in person, I just think it is a nutty ship, haha. But I still would like to go someday. :)

I've never seen it in person, but I would definitely sail on her if the prices get a little cheaper. I got a brochure from RC with a seperate one about the Oasis and when I saw it I was like "wow". I know my kids would love it. But right now, I just can't justify the extra money. If DH loves this cruise that we're taking this summer and doesn't get seasick, then maybe I'll try to convince him to try that ship just once.

My husband is itching to cruise on Oasis, but the prices will have to come down before I would consider booking.

Before I was saying "never," but now that I've read some favorable reviews and seen pictures, I'll admit I'm curious.

WOW:eek:

I agree!! It's jaw dropping!!

I said I didn't think I'd sail a ship that big (only because of the amount of pax on board) but, with all the comments about how it doesn't feel crowded, that makes me think that ship would be worth a go....IF the price was right.

I have to wonder why Carnival put all that time, energy and $$$ into the Dream and designed her basically the same as the other CCL ships?? I think it's time they step out of the box for goodness sake. RCI is always taking risks with new inovations and designs. I don't like all their ideas, but applaud them for doing something different all the time...NCL went over the top with the Epic It's unlike any cruise ship I've ever seen. CCL might do well to take a chance on something new.

Here are some quick pics from my Feb 20th cruise on her:

Half of the pool deck with Central Park in the middle:

396.jpg

The carousel at night:

296.jpg

The Rising Tide "Floating" bar on the Royal Promenade:

317-1.jpg

A better picture looking down on Central Park:

047-2.jpg

This is me in the Dazzles club. The big window in the back looks over the boardwalk and out to the sunset at sea:

152-1.jpg

These are not even some of my best shots. I just have these on my laptop at the moment. Obviously, if you look at my signature I am a big fan of Carnival, but Oasis is on a whole other level. It is pretty amazing.

Archived