Prince Albert and his Rubber boots!!

retiredbrit

Joyce and I are Prince Albert 29 June sailing. I asked Silversea about the supply of rubber boots (wellies) on board. This is their reply

We strongly suggest guests bring their own Rubber boots (wellies) to avoid any disappointment that could occur if your preferred boot size is unavailable. Unfortunately we do not know in advance the boot sizes available as they can vary each sailing and we cannot reserve any boots in advance either. Boots are on a first come, first serve basis each day.

We would prefer not to have to take them with us as already Silverseas have changed our flights entailing an extra night in a hotel en route (at their expense) and we are not sure how much hand luggage / luggage we can take untill we are told flight details.

Can any one who has recently cruised on PA update us on the wellie possition??

Many thanks Alan

Can any one who has recently cruised on PA update us on the wellie possition??

Many thanks Alan

They had more than enough for all when we were aboard in December. This seems to have been the case when this issue was discussed on previous threads as well, so they seem to have this consistently under control. I am not sure why that would change now... Probably covering themselves in case they run out of a particular size???

Alan, when you cruise, please try to make note of the current situation and let us know. I am pretty sure they will have my size, but my husband has very large feet (US size 13), so we may have to take his along.

We took our own--very inexpensive from Walmart. Put them both in a small carry-on, wore them and then added them to the supply on board. This was in Jan., unless you have very small or very large feet, you should be fine with a pair of theirs. You will be called deck by deck to go to the boot room and find a pair. Enjoy. Do envy you going on PAII--we had such a wonderful trip. Pat

Hi Pat,

About the boots from Walmart. I saw them there and tried them on but didn't buy a pair for my trip in November because they weren't lined and I was afraid they wouldn't be warm enough. Were they warm enough with the proper socks? If so, what did you wear with the boots? How were they for walking once on land? At $25 a good buy if they would work.

Thanks,

Julie

My husband wears the rubber boots from Walmart all the time for working at our ranch. They are not very warm--you have to have multiple layers of socks if it is cold. He has another pair that he got from Lands End years ago that are quite heavily lined and wears those in cold weather.

But I don't think he wants to take them to Antarctica (they are covered in cow poop now).

To be in the safe side, we decided to order our boots from SS to be delivered in our cabin. It was very expensive for our standard, but ok. We left ours in the ship (too much luggage to carry in the flight back home) and were told that all boots left behind by guests would be donated to charity by the end of our cruise because it was the last of the Antarctic 2010 season.

We ordered ours from Ship to Shore, along with their whole "Get Outfitted" package. The entire bundle was delivered directly to our stateroom and was waiting for us when we boarded. The boots were quite comfortable and warm, especially paired with insulated socks.

Personally, I didn't want to run the slight risk that I wouldn't find comfortable boots onboard, as I wanted to be sure I could take maximum advantage of every stop. Plus, it's such a wonderful trip and you're spending enough to go, why penny pinch when it comes to the boots?

I'm bringing my own Wellies. I've heard that they are occasionally commandeered by thoughtless guests (despite being labeled). I don't want to wind up arguing with another guest about something like this. Can I take my boots back to my room each day after I've cleaned them?

Yes you can take with you. I saw very few guests doing so. In the cruise I went I did not hear anything about somebody´s taking others boots.

My review is on board: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=66321

Enjoyed your review but as to tthe self service laundry does SS supply

the detergant or must we buy or bring

Archived