Johnny Rockets question

This is a really cheap-skate question, but I'm okay with a few flames if this is unacceptable. Can I send one person from our room to Johnny Rockets to pick up food (I don't even know if they do a take out sort of thing) for the rest of the room? So, could they pay the $4.95 cover charge and take away several burgers and fries for the whole room? Yes, I am very cheap.

Sorry, but that won't work. I will say that on the last day of our recent cruise, we took our son to JR for lunch, and they let us sit with him for just the one cover charge. (He was the only one eating there.) We might have sampled an onion ring or two, but didn't order any food.

This is a really cheap-skate question, but I'm okay with a few flames if this is unacceptable. Can I send one person from our room to Johnny Rockets to pick up food (I don't even know if they do a take out sort of thing) for the rest of the room? So, could they pay the $4.95 cover charge and take away several burgers and fries for the whole room? Yes, I am very cheap.
No, but here's what you CAN do: Go in by yourself and get a double (or triple) burger, then cut it in half to feed two people. You can also ask for a double-portion of onion rings.

I've not been on a Ship that has a Johnny Rockets. Our first will be on Freedom on our next cruise.

Just want to claify. If I decide I want a shake from Johnny Rockets, I have to pay a $4.95 cover charge then pay ($3.95 or more) on top of the cover charge? So the shake is about $9.00???

I'm not quite sure I understand what the cover charge covers :confused:

Thanks.

JR has the best burgers on the ship. I love to go to JR on land. It is very worth the charge for the shake & the burgers along with whatever else you want to eat on there.

You can just order a shake and not have to pay the covercharge.

I've not been on a Ship that has a Johnny Rockets. Our first will be on Freedom on our next cruise.

Just want to claify. If I decide I want a shake from Johnny Rockets, I have to pay a $4.95 cover charge then pay ($3.95 or more) on top of the cover charge? So the shake is about $9.00???

I'm not quite sure I understand what the cover charge covers :confused:

Thanks.

No. You go in and you want a sandwich. You pay the cover charge and eat all you want. You may or may not be able to use your soda card; it kind of depends up on the servers.

You go in and want a shake to go. You JUST pay for the shake.

You go in and you want a beer to go. No cover charge. You pay about a dollar less (and get 4 oz more) than the other bars onboard, although their selection is limited.

You go in and you want an apple pie or a sundae to go. You pay nothing. No cover charge.

Doesn't make much sense, does it?

No. You go in and you want a sandwich. You pay the cover charge and eat all you want. You may or may not be able to use your soda card; it kind of depends up on the servers.

You go in and want a shake to go. You JUST pay for the shake.

You go in and you want a beer to go. No cover charge. You pay about a dollar less (and get 4 oz more) than the other bars onboard, although their selection is limited.

You go in and you want an apple pie or a sundae to go. You pay nothing. No cover charge.

Doesn't make much sense, does it?

Wow, that's confusing.

Another question though if you don't mind?

If I want a JR cheesburger several times throughout the cruise, do I pay the cover charge every time or is it a one time charge and it's good for the week?

I actually went to JRs to eat, TOLD the server I wanted stuff to go (for my mom who was in the cabin)-just a chix sandwich and a few ORs!)..and that I would pay 2 charges...she said don't worry about it and only charged me one, and for the shake..

I tipped her the amount of the other charge and a couple extra dollars...I thought that was super nice, but I would not expect the same to happen again...

Hmmm...never knew that you could scarf the sundae or apple pie for free! I never could get dessert because I was full after the hamburger and fries. :)

You can get the apple pie to go..but no ice cream on it...Yummy for later that night..:p

Wow, that's confusing.

Another question though if you don't mind?

If I want a JR cheesburger several times throughout the cruise, do I pay the cover charge every time or is it a one time charge and it's good for the week?

Cover charge is everytime you go...;)

So...hang on?

You get to have unlimited burgers for what will work out to be about £3?

....this is going to be the best holiday ever....

Yep, as many as you can eat at one sitting. When you come back to the restaurant, you will pay the surcharge again and then you can eat as many burgers as you want at that sitting. The charge is per visit, not per cruise. So....If you can eat 6 burgers at once, then you've got a truly good deal.;)

I actually went to JRs to eat, TOLD the server I wanted stuff to go (for my mom who was in the cabin)-just a chix sandwich and a few ORs!)..and that I would pay 2 charges...she said don't worry about it and only charged me one, and for the shake..

I tipped her the amount of the other charge and a couple extra dollars...I thought that was super nice, but I would not expect the same to happen again...

But you had a special circumstance (and I'm glad they helped you with it). The OP wanted to know specifically about sending one person (paying one surcharge) to order full takeout meals for several people. They set the standard take-out amount specifically to stop that kind of thing.

beachchick

I believe there are limits on take out for just this reason. It's only all you can eat if you're sitting there.

To be honest I'm almost full once I have eaten the complimentary Onion Rings and that's when sharing with my wife. How anyone can eat more than one burger I do not know.

Archived