Diamond + or upgrade fairy?

I just received a call from my TA advising we have been upgraded to a Grand Suite on Mariner May 2 cruise! We were originally in a D1 and upgraded for very little more to a Jr. Suite back in April. I wonder if this upgrade to Grand Suite was due to Diamond+ status, or just luck. I am guessing that if it was D+ status the D+ desk would have called us. Anyone know about that?

I just received a call from my TA advising we have been upgraded to a Grand Suite on Mariner May 2 cruise! We were originally in a D1 and upgraded for very little more to a Jr. Suite back in April. I wonder if this upgrade to Grand Suite was due to Diamond+ status, or just luck. I am guessing that if it was D+ status the D+ desk would have called us. Anyone know about that?

Possible answers:

1. The random upgrade fairy paid you a visit.

2. Your D+ status put you among the most veteran cruisers on that sailing, upgrades were available, and one was given to you due to your status.

3. There was a price drop, and the GS is now available for the rate at which your booked your JS. Your TA saw it and didn't want to have their commission reduced, so made a pre-emptive strike and moved you to the GS, rather than leave you in the JS at a now-reduced price.

Possible answers:

1. The random upgrade fairy paid you a visit.

2. Your D+ status put you among the most veteran cruisers on that sailing, upgrades were available, and one was given to you due to your status.

3. There was a price drop, and the GS is now available for the rate at which your booked your JS. Your TA saw it and didn't want to have their commission reduced, so made a pre-emptive strike and moved you to the GS, rather than leave you in the JS at a now-reduced price.

Door # 2..would be my guess ;)

Hey I am going on the May 9th cruise...too bad we went super cheap this trip.....$420.00 for a deck 7 inside....after 28 cruises, I am hoping for an outside...but the problem is the only ones they have open are on deck 2....NO THANKS...........

Congrats....we got a bump up last year on the Mairner from a D1 to JS...and it was NICE!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well...that what we get for being cheap.....OK We can cruise more.....Oh no we can't, They pulling our ship and the whole West Coast! Lucky all of US!

Mike

Hey I am going on the May 9th cruise...too bad we went super cheap this trip.....$420.00 for a deck 7 inside....after 28 cruises, I am hoping for an outside...but the problem is the only ones they have open are on deck 2....NO THANKS...........

Congrats....we got a bump up last year on the Mairner from a D1 to JS...and it was NICE!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well...that what we get for being cheap.....OK We can cruise more.....Oh no we can't, They pulling our ship and the whole West Coast! Lucky all of US!

Mike

Mike the reason is someone from port operations saw 2012 and knew the port would be gone soon:eek:

Archived