furniture on Grand Ste. balcony?

• 2 weeks later...

That answer is incorrect. We just returned from our first Grand Suite and can attest that the furniture is much nicer and more comfortable on a suite balcony than a regular balcony. Also, the deck surface is nice and smooth, not like the rough surface on other balconies that we have had.

That answer is incorrect. We just returned from our first Grand Suite and can attest that the furniture is much nicer and more comfortable on a suite balcony than a regular balcony. Also, the deck surface is nice and smooth, not like the rough surface on other balconies that we have had.

Not entirely accurate as it all depends on the ship.

It might vary from ship to ship...but while I was on the Majesty last week..I checked out the high end suites on there and the furniture was the same as what we had on our JS balcony...

It might vary from ship to ship...but while I was on the Majesty last week..I checked out the high end suites on there and the furniture was the same as what we had on our JS balcony...

Hence..the answer, it will vary from ship to ship and even suite to suite.:rolleyes:

Hence..the answer, it will vary from ship to ship and even suite to suite.:rolleyes:

Sorry...someone else had posted the same between my reading & posting...was the rolling eyes really necessary?

You and I were posting at the same time and gave the same answer. Think of it as "great" minds think alike.;)

patti, I'll gladly share your great mind!:) Your little grand daughter just keeps getting cuter & cuter!

Sorry...someone else had posted the same between my reading & posting...was the rolling eyes really necessary?

Sorry..It was supposed to be a wink !!!!!;);)..Don't take everything so Personal !!!!!!!No need to be on the defense ..:) as we're talking about balcony furniture..

patti, I'll gladly share your great mind!:) Your little grand daughter just keeps getting cuter & cuter!

Gee thanks.........but be forewarned, the mind is the first to go.:D

Thanks for the kind words on the granddaughter. She'll be 10 months old the 20th and she's getting her two bottom teeth in.

From what I've seen (two whole ships!:p), I think RCI is upgrading the suite furniture. When we sailed on Mariner last September, we had the standard furniture (we were in an OS that had a nice dining height table - I don't think the GS had that). When I visited some friends in their OS in January, they had new faux wicker furniture, as did some other friends in a GS on Radiance last month (wasn't there in October). I didn't think it was much of an improvement, to be honest - they weren't all that comfortable. I don't remember any pads, either.

Explorer GS in March had faux wicker furniture. In fact we had one chair,one lounger and one small table of wicker and one old non-wicker chair when we got on board. A couple of days later the older chair was replaced with another wicker one. I thought there were pads, but honestly we don't spend that much time sitting on our balcony.

Just returned from the Monarch, and our Owner's Suite had the new faux wicker lounge chairs, which I thought were much more comfortable than the ones they had last year when we sailed it. They are larger chairs though, so it takes up more room on the balcony. The adjacent Grand Suite had those wicker-type chairs as well.

We were on the Serenade in February and had the new wicker furniture with thick blue pads. Made for a couple of really nice naps. :) Our neighbors pads didn't show up until a couple of days into the cruise.

Pat

Archived