Price Drop - Caribbean Princess

cruisersfrompa

Last week I booked with an internet agency, today I found out they had dropped their price on cabin category that I booked in. It is $50/pp less. I called and emailed them they said they cannot honor new price that it is up to Princess.

I recall seeing many posts that say Princess does honor price drops.

Since you booked with that internet company, only through them get you get the discount. Many of these companies buy cruises in bulk from the vendors, and than set their prices. Not surprised they are passing the "buck" to Princess. That is why I deal with a legitimate travel agent or Princess directly.

I booked with an internet company for the CB and while Princess cruise lines may have dropped fifty dollars, the internet is still less expensive than Princess. They were way discounted in the first place. I have seen posts for CB price drops and check it around the net very frequently. Still getting a fantastic deal for Caribe room with the internet company. Be sure to plug in your past passenger number into the web site because prices will be lower. Check around the net in the first place because all internet companies are not charging the same price. I am sticking with my internet site. Even paying LESS for this year than we did last year. They have done me right for a huge number of cruises. And if their own price drops, which it has in the past, they honor it as long as final payment has not been made. After final payment, all bets are off.

It was the internet company that dropped the $50.00 pp. Not princesses site, which is why I'm confused that they are now saying Princess.

I was going to agree with Lolane1, sometimes the agency is already discounted below Princess, so a price drop on Princess might still be higher than what you paid, this happened to me on my last cruise.

Anyway, if your internet company has dropped the price from what you paid for the same category, I'm surprised they wouldn't honor that drop for you. Have you made final payment? If not, perhaps cancel the booking and reboot at the lower price either with them, or someone else. Watch out for fees though.

Mike

Last week I booked with an internet agency, today I found out they had dropped their price on cabin category that I booked in. It is $50/pp less. I called and emailed them they said they cannot honor new price that it is up to Princess.

I recall seeing many posts that say Princess does honor price drops.

Its up to the TA to seek the price adjustment, from your response it sounds as though they did not even try.

They will honor some but not all price drops.

Thank you everyone for your replies. My TA had someone call me from Princess and explain prices, price drops, etc. Not sure if I completely understand yet, but the Princess Rep did make sense.

Maybe the will upgrade me (hoping)!

Thank you everyone for your replies. My TA had someone call me from Princess and explain prices, price drops, etc. Not sure if I completely understand yet, but the Princess Rep did make sense.

Maybe the will upgrade me (hoping)!

If this cruise is coming up - it is probably a flash fare (and flash fares don't show up on Princess's booking site).

I hope you enjoy your cruise!

Archived