5/4 is the day!

RickEk

Well, just back from a covert mission to Princess HQ (well, actually I just walked into one of their lobbies... :p) Here's a picture that is obviously an artist's rendition of the new class of Princess ships. I'm sure the actual ships will look a bit different. And I'm sure Fincantieri and Princess will be releasing a better photo soon. :) Let the frenzy begin! :D

4579588136_b51269465b_b.jpg

Well, just back from a covert mission to Princess HQ (well, actually I just walked into one of their lobbies... :p) Here's a picture that is obviously an artist's rendition of the new class of Princess ships. I'm sure the actual ships will look a bit different. And I'm sure Fincantieri and Princess will be releasing a better photo soon. :) Let the frenzy begin! :D

No obvious Skywalker's

with no OV, just suites, and balconies & I hope they drop mini suites name since they are not suites but deluxe balconies as NCL did. Epic has Spa balconies that include 24/7 key to the spa suite with the relaxing thalotherapy pool, rock heated lougers, saunas, etc. They also have plenty of adult areas too.

I read parents that are worred about balconies with children, so it will be inside cabin for the kids. Adult only balcony for them. Kids club for day use so they can use the spa & bars. Kids get their own deck for games, kid's club, even a hot tub & water slide for them. Adults will have plenty for them.........

I read parents that are worred about balconies with children, so it will be inside cabin for the kids.

And for the parents of kids who are not old enough to be in a cabin by themselves.

Happy Birthday!

Can't wait to see what the new builds are going to look like - I really want to see the deck plans, too.

Me too! Exciting and something to look forward to in a few years. If only they could find a way to build them faster!:)

Very cool. You must live close by.icon7.gif

with no OV, just suites, and balconies & I hope they drop mini suites name since they are not suites but deluxe balconies as NCL did. Epic has Spa balconies that include 24/7 key to the spa suite with the relaxing thalotherapy pool, rock heated lougers, saunas, etc. They also have plenty of adult areas too.

I read parents that are worred about balconies with children, so it will be inside cabin for the kids. Adult only balcony for them. Kids club for day use so they can use the spa & bars. Kids get their own deck for games, kid's club, even a hot tub & water slide for them. Adults will have plenty for them.........

In the picture of the model in one of the previous posts, I see OV cabins, what do you mean by "... no OV..."?

Does this mean no outside obstructed view cabins as well? Where are they putting the life boats? :eek:

Lifeboats...?, We don't need no stinking lifeboats! With such new design and technology, these ships could never sink! :rolleyes:

In the picture of the model in one of the previous posts, I see OV cabins, what do you mean by "... no OV..."?

The windows are the public areas and dining rooms. The smaller ones are probably crew quarters/offices. Princess has said that there are no oceanview cabins on the new class of ships... only balconies and insides...

Interesting. Looks like there may be obstructed view balcony cabins if this rendering is halfway accurate.

Interesting. Looks like there may be obstructed view balcony cabins if this rendering is halfway accurate.

Well, I HOPE they're at least halfway accurate... LOL. They were, after all, sitting in Princess' HQ lobbies with balloons and everything. I'm sure they're fairly accurate, but we all know the first drawings can be different than the finished product.

Where?

Sure, there are some balconies that appear to be right over the lifeboats...

Well, that too! Happy Birthday! :)

74 years YOUNG today ! Just a kid !

And we thought 'How did they know we've been married for 42 years today?'....:)

Happy birthday Cruisin' Chick

Ros and Mike

Thanks for all the birthday greetings everyone!!!! And to my fellow birthday mate (I'm only 18 years younger than you, oops, I'm supposed to stay at 29 per my mother;)). I was born the day before my parents 9th wedding anniversary -- my father was still officially in the army back in 1945, awaiting his discharge, so he wore his dress uniform in their wedding photo.

Back to the new ships, I'm disappointed that they are that big. I really liked the size of the Sapphire Princess. Was hoping the new ships would stay under 120,000 gt. Seems like a better size for a Carnival ship.

We prefer insides...had a chance to upgrade for free to a balcony in a moveover offer years ago, and turned it down. One reason was that we had a 5-yr-old back then, but I think we would want to stick with insides in the future for two reasons: 1) hubby likes a completely dark room to sleep in, and 2) we don't want to pay for a balcony and then find out we're alongside many smokers.

I'm not necessarily excited that they are building bigger but that's they way all the cruise lines are heading. However, I love that all outside cabins have balconies, since I would never cruise without a balcony, so a better chance for getting a balcony. I just hope that they stay a classy and mature style ship, non of those goofy attractions that RCCL & Carnival has like a Merry-Go-Round, Diving Shows, Zip-Lines. After all this is a cruise not an amusement park and those type of ships, attract a large population of children. I love children and have 3 grown but when I cruise I want to relax and not hear babies crying and uncontrolled children running the ship because their parents are too lazy to supervise them. Possibly that is what Princess was thinking with these Mega Ships and only having outside cabins with balconies, that they will not attract young children due to safety and cost. I think it is a great balance between the cruise lines and what they offer, some cater to families and some cater to adults.

What an interesting photo. Thanks for posting it, RickEk. The design looks really similar to the Coral/Island, especially the aft. The promenade style and midship glass remind me of a Solstice-class ship. I wonder if the windows on the lowest decks are for public areas or if they're Cove balconies like the Carnival Dream. I hope not - I'm going to miss those OV cabins!

Archived