Paper luggage tags

LounVal

Has anyone had any problems with the luggage tags you print yourself. I asked Carnival if they could mail me tags and said they could but it would cost $25.00!!! We worry the paper tags you print yourself could rip off easily.

Has anyone had any such problems???

Has anyone had any problems with the luggage tags you print yourself. I asked Carnival if they could mail me tags and said they could but it would cost $25.00!!! We worry the paper tags you print yourself could rip off easily.

They wont.. staple them as they tell you too.. if you are that worried they will have luggage tags at the port... or you could laminate them as we do!!

We covered ours with the packing tape, and I think they actually stayed on better than the sticker ones that Carnival used to send out. I really layered the tape on----covered every bit of the tag! They were still 100% intact when our bags were delivered to the cabin.

Don't staple - tape!

Staples can impale luggage handlers and they don't particularly like that!

I use plain old copy paper and print in B&W. Tape them on. Put 1 little piece of tape over the bar code.

Voila. No color printer needed. No laminated tags. No extra work or cost. I do put an "extra" inside one of the outside pockets just in case. Have never had a problem, though.

Don't staple - tape!

Staples can impale luggage handlers and they don't particularly like that!

I use plain old copy paper and print in B&W. Tape them on. Put 1 little piece of tape over the bar code.

Voila. No color printer needed. No laminated tags. No extra work or cost. I do put an "extra" inside one of the outside pockets just in case. Have never had a problem, though.

Well if that is the case Carnival should stop telling people to staple them!!!! I dont... I laminate and attach with zip ties...

I also used very wide clear packing tape, and it worked well. I did also use staples. They made it.

This past Feb, my parents got caught up in a winter storm in LGA/EWR airports and didnt make it to their cruise. They had put tags on their bags the way I do, and they were stranded in New York for 3 days and finally just came home. Their bags showed up back home about 7 days after they left. The cruise tags were still attached!

So I think the clear packing tape works fine, and the staples really should not be needed. JMO.:)

We staple, do not use tape and have never had a problem. At the same time, we have traditional luggage tags that could be used to "find" us on the ship.

What I do is print them out and put a piece of manila folder on them and then put tape on the whole tag and then punch a whole and attach with a twist tie or just staple them, makes them waterproof and pretty sturdy.

If you fold them like the directions say, you won't have a problem. If you are worried about it, just take some packing tape and tape ove them, like you're laminating them.

This is what I have done for my past three cruises and never had a problem.

Well if that is the case Carnival should stop telling people to staple them!!!! I dont... I laminate and attach with zip ties...

That must be a "Canadian" thing.... thats exactly what we did on our last cruise.... I sell electrical supplies, so the zip ties are easy to come by.... lol:rolleyes:

Either packing tape or laminating them works. I cheat and take them to work (I'm a teacher) and do them when no one is looking! :cool:

I was a secretary at a school before I retired (early). Guess, what - we know what you teachers do when you think we're not looking!!!!!!!! ha ha sorry - I just had to say this - actually if you worked in my school and I liked you - I would do it for you. If I didn't like you - well - you would just have to do it yourself when you thought no one was looking!!!!

I was a secretary at a school before I retired (early). Guess, what - we know what you teachers do when you think we're not looking!!!!!!!! ha ha sorry - I just had to say this - actually if you worked in my school and I liked you - I would do it for you. If I didn't like you - well - you would just have to do it yourself when you thought no one was looking!!!!

Actually got caught last year by the Principal and he thought it was a good idea and wanted to go on a cruise himself! Great guy.

If you fold them like the directions say, you won't have a problem. If you are worried about it, just take some packing tape and tape ove them, like you're laminating them.

Good Idea!!!!

I agree the packing tape worked for me just fine. When you get to the port the Porter has better luggage tags to don't fret.:D

I have used the packing tape many times and never had a problem...always avoided the staples as I had read it on here. In Jan, in Miami, the porter stapled over my tape, told me that they fall off and I should staple, not tape them! Guess he wasn't too worried about the staples....

Archived