Help Create a NEW "Cruising on Royal Caribbean FAQ"

• 2 months later...
On 2/7/2019 at 7:20 PM, Rayray25 said:

1st time cruiser. Question is for non -formal night in the MDR, can my wife wear a sundress and flip-flops or should she bring some flats?

More and more this is becoming a personal choice.  You will see all types of attire in the MDR each night.  My wife most nights will wear a nice sundress and her nicer sandals/flip-flops.   Don't be surprised when you see fellow cruises showing up in shorts and t-shirts.

Side note, men must have sleeves on their shirts or they might be asked to leave and change.

• 2 months later...

Looking for advice from those who have done Transatlantic on Symphony or her sisters. I am considering booking the crossing in March but am concerned about so much of the ships activities being open air. I've never sailed with RC but am an experienced cruiser and have done transatlantic before. Just concerned that weather in March could effectively render much of the ship's activities off limits. Valid concern or am I over thinking it?  

Thanks and Merry Christmas. 

35 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Very valid though up to you how much of those activities are the main criteria for the trip.

Not an overly huge concern for me or my wife but we are bringing our 15 year old son. We are going to Europe one way or the other. Just thought it might be fun to cruise over rather than fly. Thanks for the reply. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2010 at 12:04 PM, LauraS said:

This FAQ is in the process of being created by our Royal Caribbean Community members. It should contain answers to the most commonly asked questions about cruising on Royal Caribbean ships.

Additionally, the following resources are available to you:

- Cruise Critic's Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines Profile & Ship Reviews

- Member Reviews for RCI Ships

- Cruiser's Choice Poll Results

- Royal Caribbean's Website

The Rules Are Very Simple:

Please feel free to add content, making sure you are leaving your OPINIONS at the door, so to speak. In other words, back up your contribution with facts -- by linking to appropriate information.

NO discussion/questioning is allowed in this thread.

Post your contribution as a REPLY to this posting.

Community guidelines are in effect; this thread will be monitored and Cruise Critic reserves the right to remove any contributions without notice.

This is meant as a way for you to contribute back to the Community. Please treat it with the respect that it deserves.

Questions/Comments/Concerns? Please feel free to send us an e-mail at: community@cruisecritic.com

When it says that amaska is required at all ports, does that mean at the beach?

• 1 month later...

Question for anyone in a Boardwalk Balcony this cruise:

Could you let me know how much sun you get if any and your cabin number so I can see where you are.

My daughter, Husband and Grandchild will be booking one of these cabins but she wants to have sun for at least part of the day.

Originally I thought the end cabins at the back of the ship would be good but now I see that the crossbeams on deck 15/16 would block out the sun. Good Views but no sun.

So probably cabins maybe 3-5 from the end might be best.

What about height of deck. Would 12 be better than 9?

Please let me know…

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I want to post a question 

Anyone familiar with gluten free dining? Is there more than one soup selection at lunch?

Also about the beverages:  is sweet n low available and what brand of tea bags, please?

Thanks,

Susan

5 hours ago, MaisonRose said:

I want to post a question 

Anyone familiar with gluten free dining? Is there more than one soup selection at lunch?

Also about the beverages:  is sweet n low available and what brand of tea bags, please?

Thanks,

Susan

I ask for English Breakfast tea with honey and always get it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We are brand new to RC (and CC). I am not sure where to ask this; but does anyone have any tips for us?  I am randomly picking up on things here and there as I peruse this incredible website and message board.  I feel like I am bound to miss something, though, because I can't find something like a "tips and tricks" sheet like I did for another cruise line in the past. LOL I am certain it's here somewhere!  Just not sure where to find it.  Thank you all for your fabulous contributions!!

• Like 1

On 6/3/2023 at 12:58 PM, cristaldubois said:

but does anyone have any tips for us? 

That depends on what exactly you are looking for and the ship/itinerary you are on. Start with the threads related to the ship you will sail on - drop down menu on then main RCI page here at CC. 

Edited by Biker19

We are on the June 23 to July 7th Anthem of the Seas cruise from Southampton.  Can I purchase Southampton to airport transfer while on the ship or do I have to purchase the transfers in advance?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2023 at 3:45 PM, irisbax3 said:

Can I purchase Southampton to airport transfer while on the ship or do I have to purchase the transfers in advance?

You can buy them on the ship as well. But don't wait till the end. Do it half way.

On 4/18/2023 at 5:24 PM, MaisonRose said:

Thanks, Susan

I have seen Bigelow, Tetley, Twinnings. Usually 2 soups available at lunch, haven't seen Gluten Free though. You may have to ask for it. Yes Sweet n Low is available on every table with the sugars.

I'm a Diamond Plus member and was able to get one speciality coffee in the Promenade cafe each day. 

I've not been on RC for a couple of years, can anyone advise if this is still available? 

Thanks

42 minutes ago, cd23 said:

I've not been on RC for a couple of years, can anyone advise if this is still available? 

Yes, using one of your D+ vouchers.

Sometimes, when the DL coffee machine is out of service, they might provide a daily coffee allowance on top of the regular D+ drink vouchers.

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, using one of your D+ vouchers.

Sometimes, when the DL coffee machine is out of service, they might provide a daily coffee allowance on top of the regular D+ drink vouchers.

Thanks very much. 

• 1 month later...

Booked our first cruise on Voyager of the seas, 7 nights in Europe. We have an inner cabin, so  2 pullman beds. Does the cruises ever have trundles in the cabin or could we put the mattress on the floor? With younger kids the bunks wont work great and we are used to sharing our beds when needed anyways. What are our options for configuration here? 

• 1 month later...