Black silk knit twinset?

Why is it when you know EXACTLY what you're looking for, you can't find it? Argh! I would like a black silk knit (blends acceptable) twinset - shell and cardigan. I would prefer a sleeveless shell (but not camisole - I need to be able to wear a bra) I want more than a daytime/work combo, but not an evening look. Am I asking too much? Probably:p If you've seen something like this in your shopping excursions, please let me know. I'm busty, size 16, so no junior stores please;) Thanks!!!

(I want a top to go with a St John skirt I have - I own a beautiful St John shell & jacket but I want something a little more casual to go with the skirt as well)

I found a couple of possibilities - Talbots online (the stores I visited last week didn't have the shell I like online) and the Spiegel catalog (might be a little too casual)

try qvc, hsn, jcp...good luck....i know what you mean by knowing what you want but not FINDING...lately tho i have had BETTER LUCK...actually from my PURCHASES...to GOOD of LUCK:D GOOD LUCK to YOU:)

Why is it when you know EXACTLY what you're looking for, you can't find it? Argh! I would like a black silk knit (blends acceptable) twinset - shell and cardigan. I would prefer a sleeveless shell (but not camisole - I need to be able to wear a bra) I want more than a daytime/work combo, but not an evening look. Am I asking too much? Probably:p If you've seen something like this in your shopping excursions, please let me know. I'm busty, size 16, so no junior stores please;) Thanks!!!

(I want a top to go with a St John skirt I have - I own a beautiful St John shell & jacket but I want something a little more casual to go with the skirt as well)

I feel your pain -- I hate having a picture in my head of exactly what I want and not being able to find it.

You might try this one from Coldwater Creek. I bought it last month when they carried it in turquoise and have really enjoyed wearing it with a black pencil skirt -- the silk/cotton mix really makes it look dressier than if it were all-cotton. I don't recall seeing the black in the store so can't say what that looks like in real life. The shell that matches it is kind of odd, though, as you'll see: not a scoop or V-neck, which I would have expected. Anyway, here's the link to the cardigan:

http://www.coldwatercreek.com/Products/Detail.aspx?productid=49191&ensembleid=55339&colorid=637&refLink=search.aspx

I saw some in quite a few colors in a local store today--but it was made by August Silk, which can be found in department stores, I believe.

Depends how silky the OP wants since many of the August Silks don't have much silk in them. I'm wearing one of their sets right now in turquoise and it's only 14% silk.;):)

It actually depends more on how nice the set looks than how much is silk, I think. I looked at Macys, Nordstrom, Belk, Saks & Bloomingdales and didn't see any I liked - so where is August Silk hiding out? (I've seen it on Sierra Trading post, my favorite place to shop, but no black twinsets at the moment...)

Wintersilks doesn't have a twinset in black. JCP doesn't have anything (that I could find) nice enough. I couldn't find the matching shell for that Coldwater Creek cardigan...Thanks for all the help so far!!!!

It actually depends more on how nice the set looks than how much is silk, I think. I looked at Macys, Nordstrom, Belk, Saks & Bloomingdales and didn't see any I liked - so where is August Silk hiding out? (I've seen it on Sierra Trading post, my favorite place to shop, but no black twinsets at the moment...)

Wintersilks doesn't have a twinset in black. JCP doesn't have anything (that I could find) nice enough. I couldn't find the matching shell for that Coldwater Creek cardigan...Thanks for all the help so far!!!!

My local store sells it but it is not a national store. TJMaxx sells it and the set I have was purchased at Ross. As far as how nice it looks.....that's something only you can decide by seeing it in person.;)

Here's a link to the shell:

http://www.coldwatercreek.com/Products/Detail.aspx?productid=14033&ensembleid=13420&colorid=974&refLink=search.aspx

I had never heard of Compositions - they have a couple options that look great! Their shipping is a little high but not unreasonable, and the return policy seems ok.

Wilntersilks option - I now see the black tunic cardigan - won't go with my outfit.

I don't have a Dillards nearby.

The Coldwater Creek shell is nice - but I know why I didnt' see it earlier - it's a boatneck and that makes my chest look huge, so my eye is trained to skim on to the next item:p

Lots of options to check out - thank you guys!!!

Archived