tux

peg bundy

god its getting close, i just starting to think of lots of things i need to no my husband and son are taking a tux each, do folks buy a special bag for these or just put them in the suit case(hope they got a iron in cabin) i read on here that lots are not doing the tux thing anymore well after lots of cruises, but with it being my first one and never being to a black tie dinner i think it will be really romantic , going to get my husband to stop in it for the night hope lots of others do. 30 days to go did i mention that :D:):p;):eek::D

We have cruised over 10 times, and we still like getting all dressed up for formal nights. My husband does wear a tux, but does pack it in a garment bag. We normally do not check this on the plane, but he uses as his carry on. He has never had a problem with it getting wrinkled.

Hope this helps! Enjoy your cruise. Wish we were still on ours.

If we are taking a garment bag we just put it and shirts in there. There are irons in the laundry room. Or, you can send it to the ships cleaners to be cleaned and pressed, will cost you.

Fewer and fewer people are dressing in formal wear on cruises. Some longer cruises (22+days) that we have been on seem to have more wearers of formal wear. For short cruises most men wear a suit or slacks and sport coat. I have seen people come in the dinning room in Hawaii shirts on formal night. On a Mexico cruise I was the only one of 4 men that wore a tux.

Remember you can also rent a tux. They are in your stateroom when you arrive and are picked up from your stateroom the day before you disembark. If you go on the Princess web site you can find info and order blanks for them. The cost is about $90, if you want shoes, socks, etc. there are extra charges.

We have traveled with the tux in a suitcase and in a garment bag. If you lay it so that half is in the bottom of the suitcase, place other clothing on top, then fold the remainder of the tux over, then close the suitcase (sorry if not explaining well) you should be okay to have it in the suitcase without worrying about wrinkles. I do this with my dresses as well.

Laura

Nothing makes a guy gorgeous like a tux. Congratulations for getting them to wear them.

You can have a formal portrait done on formal night, and it makes a wonderful memory

of your cruise.

Traveling will be a lot easier if they are packed in suitcases, unless you're driving to the

port. If they do wrinkle, you can send them to be pressed, or you could do it in the

laundry room. The cruise lines don't want irons in the staterooms, but the ones in the

laundry room are free, set up and ready to iron. There's a laundry room on every

passenger deck.

Love the tuxes and wish more guys would wear them. Yes, pack them in a garment bag, and you can use the iron in the laundry room. Also, plastic dry cleaning bags willl work well at keeping the wrinkles away on your tux and any other shirts or dresses you're packing.

We are taking a 9 day cruise in June on the CB.

I always bring a gown (or two depending on how many formal nights) and asked DH if he would consider wearing a tux this time around. He said that he would. I also got my 14 year old DS to agree as well. Actually he's the one that is most excited about it. "Sweet" was the term that he used. :p

There is nothing sexier then a man in a tux...IMO. :)

We will be renting the tuxes from the cruiseline formal wear website. I am anxious to see how it all works out and how my two leading guys will look all decked out.

yea i will use a garment bag god he looked good in his tux when he tried it on in the shop, can not wait to see him in the open see with a nice sunset i will have to stop thinking about it :p

We just put the tux/gown, whatever...into a dry-cleaning bag, fold it only as much as needed for it to fit in the suitcase...PACKED ON TOP OF EVERYTHING ELSE!...No wrinkles! There is pressing service onboard, if you still need it.

The dry-cleaning bag allows the material to "slide" so wrinkles won't "set".

yea i will use a garment bag god he looked good in his tux when he tried it on in the shop, can not wait to see him in the open see with a nice sunset i will have to stop thinking about it :p

:eek: Whoa, slow down now. But I totally get your message. :D

We have traveled with the tux in a suitcase and in a garment bag. If you lay it so that half is in the bottom of the suitcase, place other clothing on top, then fold the remainder of the tux over, then close the suitcase (sorry if not explaining well) you should be okay to have it in the suitcase without worrying about wrinkles. I do this with my dresses as well.

Laura

This is a good idea. I have done this too. It is just the same for a normal suit.

I think men look great dressed up in a tux

My wife, son and I are off on our second cruise (the Emerald Princess) in less than a month. We very much enjoyed the formal nights on our first cruise, and we'll be stepping out in style on this cruise. I've even talked my buddy (our friends and their daughter will be in the cabin adjoining ours) to step it up from a suit to a tux.

My attitude is that dressing up isn't an imposition, it's a pleasure.

Last time, I used a garment bag, but I'm going to try the packing tips I've found on this site for putting my tux in the regular luggage. My son is four, so his jacket and bow tie can pretty much fit in an outside pocket.

Remember you can also rent a tux. They are in your stateroom when you arrive and are picked up from your stateroom the day before you disembark. If you go on the Princess web site you can find info and order blanks for them. The cost is about $90, if you want shoes, socks, etc. there are extra charges.

i've used this company a few times. no packing and worrying about pressing. it will be in your cabin when you arrive:

http://www.cruiselineformal.com/

I have attempted to use Cruise Line Formalwear twice without success. In both cases I was trying to avoid schlepping a tux to overseas destinations (and back).

The first time was on the old Royal Princess. It was the next to last cruise prior to turning the ship over to P&O (FredS was on this cruise, coincidentally). I place my order with Cruise Line Formalwear, but they were removing their tuxes prior to the turnover to P&O.

The second time occurred today. I ordered online and didn't receive my confirmation, so I called them. They don't have my size, so my order was cancelled. My choices are to buy or rent a tux locally for my upcoming cruise, or forgo formal nights.

I have attempted to use Cruise Line Formalwear twice without success. In both cases I was trying to avoid schlepping a tux to overseas destinations (and back).

The first time was on the old Royal Princess. It was the next to last cruise prior to turning the ship over to P&O (FredS was on this cruise, coincidentally). I place my order with Cruise Line Formalwear, but they were removing their tuxes prior to the turnover to P&O.

The second time occurred today. I ordered online and didn't receive my confirmation, so I called them. They don't have my size, so my order was canceled. My choices are to buy or rent a tux locally for my upcoming cruise, or forgo formal nights.

Sorry you had a bad experience with the company. I've used them five times and have never been disapointed.....

Bob

Archived