Bistro 5

MIAMIMEDIA

I have read rave reviews about the food "crepes/paninis/salads" and even saw the menu (which someone graciously posted). Many people speak of eating upon boarding the ship; $5.00 sounds like deal.

My family are big eaters (teenagers can eat you out of house and home):p. Can they order more than one appetizer/entrée/dessert or is ordering limited? Are the portions large?

We will have soda cards. Can we use our soda cards at the Bistro?

All information will be appreciated.

Thanks

I have read rave reviews about the food "crepes/paninis/salads" and even saw the menu (which someone graciously posted). Many people speak of eating upon boarding the ship; $5.00 sounds like deal.

My family are big eaters (teenagers can eat you out of house and home):p. Can they order more than one appetizer/entrée/dessert or is ordering limited? Are the portions large?

We will have soda cards. Can we use our soda cards at the Bistro?

All information will be appreciated.

Thanks

It's pretty much unlimited, I believe the $5 covers the service, not the food, we ordered several different crepes each time. Don't know about the soda card, I had the beer card & was able to use it.

DH and I split the cowboy crepe and the Sweet & Sour honey glazed Sirloin Crepe as our entree. For dessert we split a crepe with bananas and nutella. We thought all of it was delicious. And the portions were quite ample.

There is also soup, salads, and panini's on the menu in addtition to Crepe's.

I see no reason why the soda card would not be accepted.

There didn't seem to be any limit on the number of options you can try. I had soup, savory crepe and desert; DH had salad, savory crepe & desert crepe. I'm sure you could have tried the paninis too if you would like. Make sure you save enought room for the choc/banana crepe - DH said it was the best desert ever!

Food was good and service very good too.

There doesn't seem to be a limit, but then after your Teens finish the place, they may put one in place!!

We were lucky - we had 3 daughters. Friends of our had 2 boys and I went into shock watching them chow down once. Hillarious.

As to Bistro, they are serious about trying to make sure you enjoy and get your 'fill'. My wife and I tried Bistro a number of times and just loved it. One night, we just shared a crepe and when we didn't order more, she only charged us for one ($5). Very nice touch. Since we had great service, made sure she got our saved amount back as a tip.

That is one reason we love Celebrity, personal, outstanding service. The small things are what makes the difference.

Denny

There doesn't seem to be a limit, but then after your Teens finish the place, they may put one in place!!

We were lucky - we had 3 daughters. Friends of our had 2 boys and I went into shock watching them chow down once. Hillarious.

As to Bistro, they are serious about trying to make sure you enjoy and get your 'fill'. My wife and I tried Bistro a number of times and just loved it. One night, we just shared a crepe and when we didn't order more, she only charged us for one ($5). Very nice touch. Since we had great service, made sure she got our saved amount back as a tip.

That is one reason we love Celebrity, personal, outstanding service. The small things are what makes the difference.

Denny

This great couple has a truly comprehensive "photo bolg" of their trip on the Solstice with many menu pictures.

Here is the link:

http://www.thepreismans.com/Solstice_Naming.htm

That Bistro menyu looks amayzing. The IC on Princess ships is nice, but desent match the Bistro choices. Hopefully someday, I'll get to expereience it.

We are going on Constellation in October which now has 'Bistro on 5' added since the drydock.

Roughly what sort of hours does the Bistro operate ? Does it operate during the day on port days for example ?

When we were on the Equinox in February it was open for breakfast, lunch and dinner; but I'm not sure of the hours. Yes, it operates on port days, which a nice alternative to the buffet since the main dining room isn't open on port days. The buffet on Equinox was very nice though; it had stations rather than long cafeteria type lines and the food was great too.

I mentioned earlier how great the food was in Bistro on 5 and forgot to mention the service was wonderful also.

Our trip on the Equinox was one of our best cruises overall when tallying up food, service, and condition and beauty of the ship.

When we were on the Equinox in February it was open for breakfast, lunch and dinner; but I'm not sure of the hours. Yes, it operates on port days, which a nice alternative to the buffet since the main dining room isn't open on port days. The buffet on Equinox was very nice though; it had stations rather than long cafeteria type lines and the food was great too.

I mentioned earlier how great the food was in Bistro on 5 and forgot to mention the service was wonderful also.

Our trip on the Equinox was one of our best cruises overall when tallying up food, service, and condition and beauty of the ship.

Thank you , that is good to know it is open on port days.

On the Solstice, it was open very late and very early - I think it was close to about 20hrs a day. Opened I think at 7 or 8am and closed very late at 3 or 4am. Just a guess, but it was long hrs on the Solstice.

Denny

we are going on constellation in october which now has 'bistro on 5' added since the drydock.

Roughly what sort of hours does the bistro operate ? Does it operate during the day on port days for example ?

open 6am until 2am on the solstice---good food and well worth the $5.00 charge

Archived