Princess Platinum benefits

Orangefan

I just completed a trip on the Crown Princess and became a platinum member. I do know the benefits outlined by Princess. I remember browsing through the critic boards and someone writing that they have a daily cocktail hour 5-7 at the Skywalkers lounge with hors d'ouevres for the Platinum and elite members .Also mentioned that it wasn't an advertised perk. I can't find the thread and the board and was wondering if anyone else has knowledge of this practice.

Thanks, Sali

Yes they have nightly happy hour for Suite, Elite, & Platinum members. Initially it was only Suite and Elite but was expanded a couple of months ago. They have a different assortment of hor d'oerves each night with one special drink at a reduced price. It was $5 on our April curise on the Star Princess but have heard this too varies.

I remember browsing through the critic boards and someone writing that they have a daily cocktail hour 5-7 at the Skywalkers lounge with hors d'ouevres for the Platinum and elite members .Also mentioned that it wasn't an advertised perk.

If it exists on your next sailing, there will be an invitation to it in your cabin listing the days, hours, location, and special menu item as well as the drink of the day.

If it exists on your next sailing, there will be an invitation to it in your cabin listing the days, hours, location, and special menu item as well as the drink of the day.

I went to it a few times (Suite pax), it was never very crowded but nonetheless enjoyable.....:):):)

Bob

It's entirely possible that you won't receive an invitation; if you don't, ask the Captain's Circle rep if it's being offered on your sailing. Somehow, our invites didn't show on either recent CB sailing, despite having been Platinum for the better part of the year.

Our featured cocktails were listed at $5 on the invite, but were billed at $2.99, and were *very* good (read: large!).

E

Surprisingly, it is not well attended :confused:. We go almost every night and find it very relaxing way to spend before dinner at 8:15.

It is, in general, so poorly attended, that I would not be surprised to see it dropped by the end of the year.

There must be a tremendous waste of food that is prepared and not eaten.

It is, in general, so poorly attended, that I would not be surprised to see it dropped by the end of the year.

There must be a tremendous waste of food that is prepared and not eaten.

We loved it on the Ruby and there were quite a few there every night.

They actually brought in seconds.

Its just an appetizer, how is that a tremendous waste of food?

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I sailed on the Crown last month and was not sent an invitation for this. I am a Platinum and would have enjoyed taking advantage of this perk. I don't feel that we should be asking for invites to things that we have become entitled to. I think that Princess should make sure that all who are Platinum, Elite and Suite passengers should be advised perhaps upon check-in.

I just completed a trip on the Crown Princess and became a platinum member. I do know the benefits outlined by Princess. I remember browsing through the critic boards and someone writing that they have a daily cocktail hour 5-7 at the Skywalkers lounge with hors d'ouevres for the Platinum and elite members .Also mentioned that it wasn't an advertised perk. I can't find the thread and the board and was wondering if anyone else has knowledge of this practice.

Thanks, Sali

Sali, we just returned on the Grand from a 14-day Caribbean Collection Cruise. They did offer the hors d'ouevres in Skywalkers for Platinum and Elite members just about every day. The food was free, the drinks were not. Unfortunately we did not attend any of them nor do we know anyone that did. I believe it was mentioned in the Patter which was the only way we found out about it. Hope that helps!

-Sue and Sandy-

The location of the lounge depends on the ship. On those with Skywalkers, it's held there. On the Coral/Island, it's held in the back of the Explorer's Lounge.

On our Coral cruise in January, the first few days it was almost crowded. Every table and almost every seat was taken. Then, a group of very loud, obnoxious people started meeting there every day. It wasn't just an occasional laugh but rather, they must have started drinking hours before and by the time they got there, they were drunk: screaming, hooting, howling at full volume at their own "funny" jokes or comments. People who had been in the lounge area before walked in, stayed for a couple of minutes and left. Towards the end of the cruise, it was only this group of 6 - 10 people every night. They made fun of the people walking out, telling them to have a few drinks and join the fun. Sorry, not our thing. We reported it several times to the Captain's Circle person but they never did anything about it, which is a shame.

The only "invitation" we received was a small card / placard in the cabin either on the small table or on the mini-bar area. If you're not one to read everything in the cabin (and there's a lot of material left for you throughout the cruise), you could have easily have missed it.

The card opened and showed the hors d'oeuvres and the drink special served each evening of the cruise. We enjoyed it several nights, but didn't go every evening. It was in Skywalkers on the Golden, so if there was a particularly rambunctious group, you would still be able to find an area not so crowded. We enjoyed it and hope they keep it up.

Just back from Ruby TA cruise. We were in the lounge at Skywalker's almost every night. It was very well attended and actually difficult to find a seat on some nights. Our group really enjoyed it! :p

We are platinum but the other couple going with us are not. Are platinum or elite members allowed to bring guests to this get together ? It's not something I probably would attend each day but a couple of times would be nice.

Edited by D&N LUV 2 TRAVEL

Yes they have nightly happy hour for Suite, Elite, & Platinum members. Initially it was only Suite and Elite but was expanded a couple of months ago. They have a different assortment of hor d'oerves each night with one special drink at a reduced price. It was $5 on our April curise on the Star Princess but have heard this too varies.

I was on Star last Oct/Nov and as you said, the Elite Lounge drink of the day was USD$5. On another thread however I readthat the special drink is now only $2.99.

Well doing the Diamond (WTT/YVR) in September so will do a quality check and advise.

Ciao for now!!!

The only "invitation" we received was a small card / placard in the cabin either on the small table or on the mini-bar area. If you're not one to read everything in the cabin (and there's a lot of material left for you throughout the cruise), you could have easily have missed it.

The card opened and showed the hors d'oeuvres and the drink special served each evening of the cruise.

Yes, that is the invitation.

We loved it on the Ruby and there were quite a few there every night.

They actually brought in seconds.

Its just an appetizer, how is that a tremendous waste of food?

If well attended, there is no problem.

If the food shown in the pictures below is not eaten each evening, it is a waste.

1469851576_100_8356EliteLoungeSkywalkersdeck18.jpg.ccd12b2375659dbc442421fe83d13bc4.jpg

1772244550_100_8357EliteLoungeSkywalkersdeck18.jpg.7ebfaf75a505d1c4c4516b4270348ac0.jpg

Edited by caribill

What's with this sudden obsession about waste? I doubt it's thrown out; my guess is that the leftovers make an appearance later at the Horizon Court or are incorporated into a menu item. I'd hardly call it wasteful when measured next to the veggies and fruits carved as decorations for various things.

Wouldn't it be nice that instead of the cocktail party, Princess just gave each elite, platinum, and suite member a slip for a free cocktail, or drink of your choice? It would be a nice little perk!

On Emerald in September, attendance was very sparse, and the hors d'oeuvres were

salsa and nacho chips. We went twice, and figured sitting in a bar having a drink would

be more fun.