When does RCCL work on bump ups?

is strategic. It depends on the type of cabin you are currently in...If that catagory is in demand and the next higher catagory(ies) or so are open, they might bump or they might lower the pricing on those catagories....there is no magic formula that has been devined by us folks on CC.

If, after the appropriate senior/state/military discounts have been offered, there are still upgrades to be had, they will first be offered to D+ C&A members. Usually not much of anything left after that. Not at all sure what you mean by "try to influence them." If you ask for an upgrade, they will in turn ask you to pay for it.

I am going to call regarding my cabin ammenity. I want to call at a good time to check on if they are also doing any bump ups. Right now on the ship there are many cabins open in all catagories. I have never seen this much open this close to the cruise. So Im trying to time it just right.

Brenda

Peoria, AZ:D

I am going to call regarding my cabin ammenity. I want to call at a good time to check on if they are also doing any bump ups. Right now on the ship there are many cabins open in all catagories. I have never seen this much open this close to the cruise. So Im trying to time it just right.

Brenda

In that case, I believe it is two weeks out - but I thought they contacted people directly, starting with those with the highest number of cruises.

In that case, I believe it is two weeks out - but I thought they contacted people directly, starting with those with the highest number of cruises.

The upgrade fairy works her magic in mysterious ways. :) Yes, they are supposed to start with those that have the most cruise credits on a sailing and then work their way down. It usually begins 3 weeks prior to sailing and there has to be at least 3 cabins in one category to be upgraded to.

All upgrades are directed to C&A from the Home Office. If you request an upgrade from C&A, it will have to go through Miami to get approved.

Brenda

You really are not that close to an October cruise. Now days people book late more then early. After all the discounts mentioned above, they offer the cruise on interline web sites. They will get every last cent out of each cabin before bumping...:rolleyes:

We are 20 days away from sailing and got a call today about our Diamond+ amenity and. . . our very first upgrade EVER!!!!! The Crown & Anchor rep was very nice and asked if we would be interested (Are you kidding?!!!) in being upgraded to a junior suite. We have only stayed in insides and some balconies so this is exciting for us!

Sherri:)

We are 20 days away from sailing and got a call today about our Diamond+ amenity and. . . our very first upgrade EVER!!!!! The Crown & Anchor rep was very nice and asked if we would be interested (Are you kidding?!!!) in being upgraded to a junior suite. We have only stayed in insides and some balconies so this is exciting for us!

Sherri:)

Congratulations. The Upgrade Fairy has been kind to you. Enjoy your JS.

If, after the appropriate senior/state/military discounts have been offered, there are still upgrades to be had, they will first be offered to D+ C&A members. Usually not much of anything left after that. Not at all sure what you mean by "try to influence them." If you ask for an upgrade, they will in turn ask you to pay for it.

The two times we were upgraded we were just Platinum members. We were not informed of the upgrades. When we checked in we had upgrade cabins that were not what we booked!

There is no formula! Just sheer luck like the lottery.

We have been fortunate enough to have been upgraded a couple of times thru the D+ desk. This has happened about 3 weeks out, and the last upgrade that we received has been about 10 months ago.

Royal Caribbean is now doing other offerings first to try to fill the cabins, before offering them to D+ people. We are not there yet, but my understanding is that the number of D+ members with over 100 cruise credits is lumped into one category, and they will receive the first call.

Marketing keeps some of the cabins and will give them out as they see fit. No one can ask for them. Also, they will keep certain suites open till the cruise is underway.........as Bingo........yes, Bingo brings in major $$$$ for the ship and cruise line. I have seen a ship collect over $6,000.00 in Bingo money for an Owners Suite. I have also witnessed the Royal Suite being Bingo ed off on two occasions! These are major draws and the ship gets about what a person would pay for one of these suites......if they booked them first. It's just that many people want the luxury and think nothing of paying 30 to 40 dollars to have a chance at winning it.

I wish you luck in trying to obtain an upgrade.........and you may be just the right couple that will be fortunate enough to receive one!!:);)

Rick

Archived