Okay.... I am about to board the Summit. Beverage package bought. Semi reg reports!

A Sixth?

:p Met dzcruisers (Dianne and Doug) checking in to our hotel and they were helpful and delightful. Excellent cruise-mates.

Can't wait to get aboard! See ya!:D

Have a fabulous trip!

I hope you will find time to post while you are away; we are all dying to know how the beverage package is working for you. :p Did you take your list of "Beverage Package Questions from Cruise Critics"?

I look forward to hearing from you. Have the best cruise EVER!!!

sixth:

You are hearby appointed the "beverage package guru" :eek::eek:

we eagerly await your findings.................................:p

if we don't hear anything, i'm going to assume the beverage package is working so well he can't remember his username/password :d

lol!!!!

:D:D:D

Thanks A Sixth?

A Sixth,

As everyone else has said, have a great cruise.

I'll be looking forward to your reports as well. Although we don't sail until December, this should be a good indicator of things to come.

Jed

OK.... it's been over 24 hours, and apparently.... SIXTH has succumbed to the new liquor package!!! :eek::eek:

HELLOOOOOO?? Anybody out there??! :p:p

The Summit sails on Sunday, so right now it may be just about 24 hrs since he's gotten on board!

I would be interested to know if the Connections party was this morning and how it went, as well as the report on the beverage package so far. How many Mimosa's could A Sixth have with breakfast today?

The Summit sails on Sunday, so right now it may be just about 24 hrs since he's gotten on board!

I would be interested to know if the Connections party was this morning and how it went, as well as the report on the beverage package so far. How many Mimosa's could A Sixth have with breakfast today?

His cruisecritic screen name might just anwer your question!

Hello fellow Critics!

I have come-to :p:rolleyes: and have a brief report.

The connections party has yet to happen, but the drink package seems to be up and running and for us so far so good.

Joni has enjoyed many special coffees, we have gone through several bottles of water and yes, the beer and mixed drink have been delivered promptly with a smile.

I would say that the wine stewart professionly advised us we would be better off with a wine selection by the bottle, our two glasses were a welcomed classic package touch to our excellent meal last night.

Here's a few details.

No one really know how the package works yet 100%. At Breakfast this morning Joni asked and recieved an expresso but also got a bill for $ 4.50+ which was voided immediately when we pointed out that it should be free... how it got billed we don't know.

Every waiter and bartender has a plastic wrapped card that parrots the web list of what's included with which package...

There is no 'sticker" on your ship card if you bought a pacakge before sailing, it's printed beside "package type" under your name.

Buying a package onboard is easy, every bartender is eager to sell one to you and then a "sticker" is added.

Mohitos and most drinks are covered by the 'classic" package including what we would call "top shelf" scotches (Joni is VERY happy) like Glenfiddich and Johnny Walker Black.

If you buy a package on board it goes on your ship board account so any cabin credits would go towards paying for it. We bought it pre cruise and as such have yet to use any of our cabin credit :(

Normally you never get anything to sign, the server just takes your card and starts a 'tab" so you usually need fork it over once per server.

If you want to add an extra tip, you can ask for a bill and add a tip to the paper copy that you sign and return to the server.

None of the staff have a clue yet how prepaid tips will be distibuted.

They are very strict on the one drink at a time thing. We ordered a bottle of water each to take to our room at the pool bar and once we got it decided we'd also stay for a brewskie and asked for a beer each. We were refused the beer. The bartender appologised that celebrity was very strict that he had to see that we had finbished our 'drinK' before he could serve us another. (One litre of water each wasn't in the game plan before a beer LOL ) He did suggest we could simply go to another bar and ask for a beer though and there would be no problem.

like I said, the packages are selling well from what we've seen on board and so far no one has been out of control excpet me when I found out that Montreal lost last night against those pesky Flyers.... (The Humanity!!!!)

Newport is a wonderful stop, I recommend the Clam Chowder at the Bowens landing fish plant by the dighy dock.

More to follow soon.... looks like rain in Boston.

PS: Julia, they crew is eagerly awaiting your sailing and have red flagged you pass already! :D (Whipper-snappers! :p )

Hello fellow Critics!

I have come-to :p:rolleyes: and have a brief report.

The connections party has yet to happen, but the drink package seems to be up and running and for us so far so good.

Joni has enjoyed many special coffees, we have gone through several bottles of water and yes, the beer and mixed drink have been delivered promptly with a smile.

I would say that the wine stewart professionly advised us we would be better off with a wine selection by the bottle, our two glasses were a welcomed classic package touch to our excellent meal last night.

Here's a few details.

No one really know how the package works yet 100%. At Breakfast this morning Joni asked and recieved an expresso but also got a bill for $ 4.50+ which was voided immediately when we pointed out that it should be free... how it got billed we don't know.

Every waiter and bartender has a plastic wrapped card that parrots the web list of what's included with which package...

There is no 'sticker" on your ship card if you bought a pacakge before sailing, it's printed beside "package type" under your name.

Buying a package onboard is easy, every bartender is eager to sell one to you and then a "sticker" is added.

Mohitos and most drinks are covered by the 'classic" package including what we would call "top shelf" scotches (Joni is VERY happy) like Glenfiddich and Johnny Walker Black.

If you buy a package on board it goes on your ship board account so any cabin credits would go towards paying for it. We bought it pre cruise and as such have yet to use any of our cabin credit :(

Normally you never get anything to sign, the server just takes your card and starts a 'tab" so you usually need fork it over once per server.

If you want to add an extra tip, you can ask for a bill and add a tip to the paper copy that you sign and return to the server.

None of the staff have a clue yet how prepaid tips will be distibuted.

They are very strict on the one drink at a time thing. We ordered a bottle of water each to take to our room at the pool bar and once we got it decided we'd also stay for a brewskie and asked for a beer each. We were refused the beer. The bartender appologised that celebrity was very strict that he had to see that we had finbished our 'drinK' before he could serve us another. (One litre of water each wasn't in the game plan before a beer LOL ) He did suggest we could simply go to another bar and ask for a beer though and there would be no problem.

like I said, the packages are selling well from what we've seen on board and so far no one has been out of control excpet me when I found out that Montreal lost last night against those pesky Flyers.... (The Humanity!!!!)

Newport is a wonderful stop, I recommend the Clam Chowder at the Bowens landing fish plant by the dighy dock.

More to follow soon.... looks like rain in Boston.

PS: Julia, they crew is eagerly awaiting your sailing and have red flagged you pass already! :D (Whipper-snappers! :p )

Thanks for the detailed update! What I'd really like to know is whether I can go to the bar and get myself and my wife a drink (we would both have the same package) or do we both have to present ourselves at the bar? Could I take her card with me? This could be too restrictive otherwise because our youngest still has an afternoon nap some days and it would be physically impossible for both of us to be there, and the rules state that it is unavailable through room service or the minibar. Any ideas? It also seems a bit petty to not let you have a beer and a water; presumably you would therefore be unable to have wine and bottled water with your meals which seems crazy!

A sixth

Glad you are still in the land of the sober

Can you explain a little more your comments about the wine steward - was he saying you would be better with a bottle because he would sell it to you and get the tip?? Not sure I follow his remark

You say you had two glasses of wine each, was that because a third was not offered or what? we are three glass a meal people

A

But but but..... how on earth did they KNOW???:eek::eek::p

Archived