Okay.... I am about to board the Summit. Beverage package bought. Semi reg reports!

A Sixth?

A sixth

Glad you are still in the land of the sober

Can you explain a little more your comments about the wine steward - was he saying you would be better with a bottle because he would sell it to you and get the tip?? Not sure I follow his remark

You say you had two glasses of wine each, was that because a third was not offered or what? we are three glass a meal people

A

My husband had 3 glasses of wine at dinner with his premium card! He enjoyed all of the drinks one could get. I think those who bought onboard once at sea had an easier time being recognized as having the package.

They do keep tabs of when you buy drinks and at what time and what bar. Any sharing would show up immediately!

They present you with a list of which bars you got drinks and at what time on your last night. You could probably figure out from that how well it worked for you.

For someone that asked earlier you can have as much as you want to drink from breakfast bloody mary to late night port. Beer by the pool, water, soda, frozen drinks, etc.

My advice is to print off the package from the web site. My husband bought the premium package and the waiter that sold it to him said $10. per drink. Now I read it was actually $12. This was the first week for the package on the Summit and they were all just learning.

Asixth was our downfall. He talked us into it! It was definitely worth it for my husband!

Don & Joni hope you had a safe trip home! We loved meeting you!

My husband had 3 glasses of wine at dinner with his premium card! He enjoyed all of the drinks one could get. I think those who bought onboard once at sea had an easier time being recognized as having the package.

They do keep tabs of when you buy drinks and at what time and what bar. Any sharing would show up immediately!

They present you with a list of which bars you got drinks and at what time on your last night. You could probably figure out from that how well it worked for you.

We had the beer package and when it was all said and done my husband and I drank 238 beers between the two of us :eek: it really didnt seem like that many on board lol, but yeah it definitley worked for us to have the package... other wise our bar tab would have been around $1200 compared to the $483. When we received our bill on our final morning we only owed them $30 yahoo!!!:)

We had the beer package and when it was all said and done my husband and I drank 238 beers between the two of us :eek: it really didnt seem like that many on board lol, but yeah it definitley worked for us to have the package... other wise our bar tab would have been around $1200 compared to the $483. When we received our bill on our final morning we only owed them $30 yahoo!!!:)

Wow! was that a three or four day cruise? :D

On our seven here's my last report.

I had a chance to go over our final statement and I can estimate that:

- We averaged 10 drinks a day each.

-There were as many waters, juices, coffees and non alcoholic drinks as mixed drinks.

-Joni loved a Glenfiddich or Johnny Walker Black or two after dinner every night, which we were very pleased were covered under the classic package

- I had a few Perriers a couple of times late when I may have been tempted to have a "beer" at the same price, but didn't want any more alcohol so had a water. (It is illegal in Canada to order a water when a beer is the same price.... unless all bevies are prepaid! :D )

- Beer made up about a third of our purchases

So all in all the new classic package "worked" for us on this ship intensive cruise.

Will we take it again next time we cruise with "X"? We'll see.

Cheers! :D

Many thanks for all of your hard work(?), :). The tips for purchasing immediately upon boarding (to get a sticker) and bringing your own printout are my takeaways from this for my trip in two weeks. (At least until the crew's have more time to assimilate the changes).

From the reports of eagerness by bartenders to sell the packages, I'm guessing that they must be incentivized to do so. If so, I plan on making someone's day by purchasing 2 Premium non-alc and 1 premium alc packages right after I finish my welcome aboard bubbly.

:eek: That scares me - whilst it means I can count if the package was of value or not it may also be a scary scary list when you look at 2 weeks consumption as will be the case for us

Many thanks for all of your hard work(?), :). The tips for purchasing immediately upon boarding (to get a sticker) and bringing your own printout are my takeaways from this for my trip in two weeks. (At least until the crew's have more time to assimilate the changes).

From the reports of eagerness by bartenders to sell the packages, I'm guessing that they must be incentivized to do so. If so, I plan on making someone's day by purchasing 2 Premium non-alc and 1 premium alc packages right after I finish my welcome aboard bubbly.

They all are great people and yes, they seemed happy to sell the packages to anyone who was interested.

a48k8h.jpg

A Sixth, regarding the sale of packages on the ship - were these packages prorated depending on the day you purchased them, or did you pay the price for the entire voyage even if you bought the package on day 3, for example? We are going on an 11-night trip in February, and were considering waiting until maybe day 3 or 4 to purchase, simply because we have an all-inclusive booked for our first port and figured we might as well wait until after that (also, we'll probably bring on a small amount of soda/water/wine which we would use in the first couple of days, and would either need to restock or start buying beverages from X thereafter).

I read somewhere that they were going to require payment for the entire trip regardless of what day you purchase the package, but that hasn't been confirmed by anyone who was actually on board, so I was hoping you might have the answer. Thanks!

I read somewhere that they were going to require payment for the entire trip regardless of what day you purchase the package, but that hasn't been confirmed by anyone who was actually on board, so I was hoping you might have the answer. Thanks!

I was on board the summit that is the case. the will not pro rate the package.

I was on board the summit that is the case. the will not pro rate the package.

Thanks Sarah - I hope they'll change that policy going forward. I understand not allowing people to cherry-pick dates, but it seems silly to penalize people who can't make up their minds or who want to wait a few days before buying a package. I have no doubt there are plenty of people who might look at their bar tab after the first couple of days and realize the package is a better plan for them, but would be put off buying it because they'd have to pay for the days that were already past.

Archived