Okay.... I am about to board the Summit. Beverage package bought. Semi reg reports!

A Sixth?

Thanks for doing all of the investigation of the beverage package. Could you also check and find out if regular (unfrozen) mocktails are covered.

We were surprised on our last cruise in December to find that Celebrity was now taking the position that adding the "cherry" syrup to the sodas was a mocktail and that you could not get these with the soda sticker-- Royal Caribbean does not consider these to be mocktails, as we confirmed in April on a Royal Caribbean cruise. While I realize that these could be technically considered mocktails, many cruise lines don't consider it as such when using the soda sticker. Celebrity didn't either a little over a year ago (on our last Celebrity cruise). But now this has changed. So we wondered if the non-frozen mocktails such as the cherry cokes are covered in either of the non-alcoholic packages.

Also, are the cans of caffeine free diet coke included in either of the non-alcoholic packages?

Thanks.

A Sixth, thanks for all the info.

Can you or someone else clarify something for me? i havent been on X in a number of years but one thing i remember was that there was free juice/ice tea/ice coffee at dinner in the MDR. Is this still the case? I would get fruit punch or pineapple juice or iced coffee. It would be a shame if this which was free now cost money. I don't usually buy extra beverages (at home or on the ships) but the juices etc was a nice treat. thanks

This just in, fresh squeezed juice and smoothies ARE NOT covered at least in the adult spa buffet.... I was a bit surprised this AM but I have not asked yet in the MDR.

We have has no problem getting wine by the glass in the MDR.

We have been told by another Classic that canned drinks that are available by the gun ARE NOT covered.

All you need are the cards, both holders need not be present to get drinks.

Weather is here, I wish I was beautiful :D

More later....

Sixth,

Would you elaborate on what types of alcoholic beverage packages are available and what they include? We are new to Celebrity.

Thanks

awhcruiser- you can check the Celebrity website, click on the Onboard Experience tab...then along the left hand side, select Beverage Package. It's all broken down w/various packages available.

This just in, fresh squeezed juice and smoothies ARE NOT covered at least in the adult spa buffet.... I was a bit surprised this AM but I have not asked yet in the MDR.

quote]

I thought smoothies were only available on the premium packages but that fresh squeezed juices were available on the classic package. Did they explain why?

Sue

quote]

I thought smoothies were only available on the premium packages but that fresh squeezed juices were available on the classic package. Did they explain why?

Sue

THIS JUST IN!

This program is so new some crew don't actually know what is covered and what is not. :p

From the customer relations desk.... fresh squeezed juices and smoothies ARE COVERED and the fellow who said they weren't at the adults pool area was incorrect.

Soon to follow.... more reports as the sun sneaks out from the clouds now and then as we near Bermuda! :D

Thanks for the great info A Sixth, it sounds like the packages are going to work out relatively well...would you mind checking for me on my favorite cocktail...the Long Island Ice Tea? We are planning on getting the Premium package and believe it should be covered, just want to make sure. Thanks again for taking the time out of your cruise to answer all the questions and we all certainly appreciate you doing all the "research" at the various bars onboard! That's called "taking one for the team!":D

Mmmmmmmmmm! I recently heard they ran 780 calories, booooooooooo.

We have been told by another Classic that canned drinks that are available by the gun ARE NOT covered.

We are leaving on Solstice on Sunday and the above statement is why I am printing everything off the website. the website says this: In addition to enjoying your favorite Coca Cola can and fountain sodas selections such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange and Coke Zero, you may also enjoy fresh squeezed and bottled juices, Premium Coffees and Teas and Non-Premium Bottled Water.

If I want a can drink then I am going to request a can drink and not a fountain and if there is any problem them I will show them what Celebrity says. If I'm paying almost 800 dollars for 2 people I'm not going to allow them to squabble over the fact they think if it is in the can they can charge for it. My understanding from the website that I have read is if it is liquid and costs $12 or less then it is covered in the Premium package.

Mmmmmmmmmm! I recently heard they ran 780 calories, booooooooooo.

Well, if you drink them on a cruise ship....the calories drop by half....same as when you eat Oreo's over the sink....the calories slide down the drain....That's mah' story and I'm sticking with it!

Well, if you drink them on a cruise ship....the calories drop by half....same as when you eat Oreo's over the sink....the calories slide down the drain....That's mah' story and I'm sticking with it!

I LOVE IT!!! That's a great story, can I borrow it?? LOL

Thanks sixth again for all of your help and answers from your friends here on CC!

I'm trying to decide between the Classic and Premium package... the only reason I want premium is to be able to have the specialty martini's in the martini bar.... can you clarify if indeed the premium package will include the specialty martini's? (basically - are they all under $12?)

thank you so much for helping us all on this =) Hope your having a blast!

A Sixth?,

Thank you again for all of the information you have taken the time to research, organize and post for all of us. You are a true "Man Among Men" (and Women, etc). I do hope you have not been disciplined or admonished for bringing aboard your Rubber Chicken (earlier in the cruise) as your drinking partner (sometimes management has no sense of humor)

I am still curious though: have you been successful in ordering a double beverage on the rocks? My preference is either Vodka or Sour Mash on the rocks and if they just measure a shot, that would become very annoying having to request refills so often.

Additionally, it appears that getting wine in the MDR has not been an issue. Would that be the same for other "adult beverages" and, have there been any extraordinary waits for these?

I'm sure that I will think of more questions but they will come later. In the meantime, enjoy the rest of your cruise, keep notes - since I am sure you will be receiving lots of questions after you return and I will stand by for future updates.

Thanks again for your efforts and attention to details for all of us.

Jed

A Sixth? ~ I also THANK YOU so much for all your expert, down-to-earth reporting! We were just about sold on getting a Beverage Package and your reports have made it definite! Celebrity should be giving you a commission!

On the other hand - 4817 views in six days - WOW - at $1 a view - if only - you'd be ready for another cruise!!!!!

Thank You for being so generous with your time to help all of us decide to buy or not!!!

Hope your cruise has been wonderful!!!

A Sixth - Thank you so much for all the info! Mainly a lurker here at Cruise Critic but you have made deciding on the beverage package much easier for me and my family.

A quick question: I am assuming this is a no, but does the beverage package include the Enomatic Bar where you buy pours of wine out of the machine?

I'm also curious about the time it takes for non-wine beverages in the MDR, so any info would be great.

Thanks again and I hope you are having a great cruise!

cardinals218 ~ Enomatic Bar - can't wait to hear A Sixth?'s answer!! I called Celebrity regarding this question and was told "no" none of the Beverages Packages cover that "bar" - hearing from someone on board will be interesting!

From what I've read on CC, you buy a card (not sure how much is the minimum or how much each size drink costs) and then program the machine for the wine & size drink you want. Being wine drinkers it all sounds VERY interesting!

cardinals218 ~ Enomatic Bar - can't wait to hear A Sixth?'s answer!! I called Celebrity regarding this question and was told "no" none of the Beverages Packages cover that "bar" - hearing from someone on board will be interesting!

From what I've read on CC, you buy a card (not sure how much is the minimum or how much each size drink costs) and then program the machine for the wine & size drink you want. Being wine drinkers it all sounds VERY interesting!

Is there an Enomatic Bar on Summit?

A Sixth,

Thanks for the indepth reporting on the beverage package. Have been following the reports with interest and amusement. If possible, please let us know what constitutes premium coffees. Are capuccino, lattes and espresso considered premium or specialty? Thanks again for you help.

I'm trying to decide between the Classic and Premium package... the only reason I want premium is to be able to have the specialty martini's in the martini bar.... can you clarify if indeed the premium package will include the specialty martini's? (basically - are they all under $12?)

thank you so much for helping us all on this =) Hope your having a blast!

Martinis are covered. If you want to do the flight thing it's more than $ 12.00 and not covered.... but just order ever type in the flight one after the other (and call a cab) :D

A Sixth,

Thanks for the indepth reporting on the beverage package. Have been following the reports with interest and amusement. If possible, please let us know what constitutes premium coffees. Are cappuccino, lattes and espresso considered premium or specialty? Thanks again for you help.

All covered.... capuccino have become Joni's favorite bevy on the package

A Sixth - Thank you so much for all the info! Mainly a lurker here at Cruise Critic but you have made deciding on the beverage package much easier for me and my family.

A quick question: I am assuming this is a no, but does the beverage package include the Enomatic Bar where you buy pours of wine out of the machine?

I'm also curious about the time it takes for non-wine beverages in the MDR, so any info would be great.

Thanks again and I hope you are having a great cruise!

I don't know where I'd find that on the Summit..... :confused:

JUST IN we have left Bermuda and I thought you would like to know that the packages are all usuless at the Frog and Onion Pub at Kings Wharf :( :D :rolleyes:

Worth every penny watching Montreal beat those scoundrel Philadelphia Flyers 5-1

Can I trouble you for a list of the wines available by the glass and their prices?

I am a wine drinker and usually order by the bottle for dinner. The only thing that would make this package even remotely palatable costwise for me is if there are decent wines available by the glass.

A Sixth? ~ the Enomatic Wine Bar is in Celler Masters - I think! on the Entertainments Deck - not sure what number. A phone call to Celebrity says its not on any Beverage Package - but would love to know from YOU!!

From what I've read on CC, you buy a card (not sure of the $$) and then use it to get samples of wine - maybe 1, 2 or 3 oz. Sounds like one couple can buy one card and just use it up.

Enjoy your trip - you're helping so many of us decide on a Beverage Package!!

Archived