Disembarkation luggage tags ?

Saruman

A question for recent cruisers: Sorry if I missed this somewhere else, but does Princess still use their own tags for disembarkation or are we using the new DIY fold-and-staple ones for that as well? Thanks!

I was quite surprised when these tags showed up on the last night. I thought they were quite "flimsy" and did't think they would last through the handling by longshoremen. When I got home and tried to rip them off, they wouldn't just rip off no matter how hard I tried.

Princess tags are still used for disembarkation. They will we delivered to your stateroom as they always have.

But, an excellent idea for future cost cutting.

Just put the disembark tags on the personalizer, and make everyone

print them before they leave for the ship!

Maybe I can be employee-of-the-month if I suggest this!

They were still handing out their own disembarkation luggage tags as of Thursday evening...but I find the new print your own tags a real pain, no paying passenger should have to pack a stapler.:eek:

They don't know until you board what your disembarkation plans are (at least for most passengers) and even then, people change their plans so I don't think they'll ever issue pre-printed disembarkation tags. :)

They were still handing out their own disembarkation luggage tags as of Thursday evening...but I find the new print your own tags a real pain, no paying passenger should have to pack a stapler.:eek:

At least at San Juan,he porters had stapler in hand ready to attach your tags, most hotels have a business center with staplers that you can use and finally they do make small staplers that fit in your palm. No pain, no need to fret. If directions are followed for folding they are quite sturdy. I did place a strip of clear packing tape across the printing to avoid the chance of smearing. We shouldn't be majoring in the minors.

I also would not worry about having to print disembarkation tags. Princess does not know in advance what color group and number you will be until you tell them about your departure. They are also not used for self-disembark, for that you are given a card to show as you leave.

At least at San Juan,he porters had stapler in hand ready to attach your tags, most hotels have a business center with staplers that you can use and finally they do make small staplers that fit in your palm. No pain, no need to fret. If directions are followed for folding they are quite sturdy. I did place a strip of clear packing tape across the printing to avoid the chance of smearing. We shouldn't be majoring in the minors.

I understand all that, but why the heck should endure the inconveience of having to go to a hotel's business center, or have to purchase a small stapler and buy a roll of packing tape to carry on my cruise? I am also quite capable of reading the simple instructions but after spending thousands of dollars on my cruise why should I have to? Furthere why has Princess cheaped out on providing luggage tags to their passangers? I know that I am not going to win the battle on this but I want Princess to know that I am not happy about having to go thru this inconvenience.

We just returned from the Sapphire coastal. We prepared our tags by folding them as described, strengthening them with packing tape, and cutting a short slit in each end. After we placed them on the bag handles, we put a small plastic tie wrap through the slits, and secured. It took very little space in the luggage, and ready to use when we needed to put them on. Worked great!

..............after spending thousands of dollars on my cruise why should I have to?

Reduce righteous indignation... do not print off your own tags. When you arrive at the cruise ship terminal, the porter has a supply of tags and a list of passengers... he will apply your tags.

Problem solved... no inconvenience... enjoy that cruise!

Reduce righteous indignation... do not print off your own tags. When you arrive at the cruise ship terminal, the porter has a supply of tags and a list of passengers... he will apply your tags.

Unless you purchased Princess transfers and hand off your luggage to Princess when you arrive at the airport. The rep there does not have a supply of tags.

I also would not worry about having to print disembarkation tags. Princess does not know in advance what color group and number you will be until you tell them about your departure. They are also not used for self-disembark, for that you are given a card to show as you leave.

Disembarking from Golden in YVR, we were given a specific coloured luggage tag for self disembark to attach to our "stuff" the night before and of course you get to keep your own luggage with you. Being Platinum we were paged from the Platinum/Elite dep lounge that walk offs were allowed to proceed ashore and did so. Easy as punch.

Ciao for now!!!

Archived