No more price drops for RC?

Im still looking for a link showing bookings made before May 17th, are grandfathered in and still get the price drops. I booked Feb 26, 2012 ... way out and thats why I want it in writing, as by then RCL will have forgotten its grandfathered in.. I need a link to it in writing to print out and keep.

If I'm to believe RobertRCCL's last post, then the bottom line here is that RCL has changed the price protection policy they used to have

FROM: get price drops in the form of OBC after final payment UP to 72 hours of sailing

TO: if price drops after final payment, you only have the option of an upgrade.

They also instituted a new "48 policy" for 110% of price drop if the price drops within 48 hours from the time you make your reservation (which is defined as when you give them any money).

Is this what you guys are reading from this? Obviously, I won't believe until I see it on RCL's site, but this is the feeling I'm getting with the explanations.

Yes, and you will still receive price drops up to final payment.

It would be nice if they did put it in a language that we could all understand.

People are reading things into the May 17th terms that are simply NOT there. And that includes CVPs and C&A. They were there, back on May 12th, but they are gone now. Nowhere does it say you will get any kind of credit for any price reductions after the 48 hour period.

~ Judy

Iv also been told that too, that people on CC are reading things into the May 17th date, that it doesnt say if we booked before that date, we can still get price drops.

Iv heard it both ways, so trying to find out for sure.

Im still looking for a link showing bookings made before May 17th, are grandfathered in and still get the price drops. I booked Feb 26, 2012 ... way out and thats why I want it in writing, as by then RCL will have forgotten its grandfathered in.. I need a link to it in writing to print out and keep.

RCI is assuming that when they say " New individual reservations made as of May 17, 2010" that everyone will understand that any booking made prior to that date is not affected. And that is my interpretation. :eek:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/custom...07&faqType=faq

Iv also been told that too, that people on CC are reading things into the May 17th date, that it doesnt say if we booked before that date, we can still get price drops.

I was told that by 3 different reps at RCI yesterday...........bookings made prior to May 17, 2010 are grandfathered in.

The grandfathered belief is because the new Royal's Best Price Guarantee does not apply to old reservations according to their FAQ:

Q: Which reservations are eligible for Royal Caribbean's Best Price Guarantee Program?

A: New individual reservations made as of May 17, 2010

Edited to add: Their OLD Best Price Guarantee Program further states: Program applies only to guests in the fifty states and Canada and applies only to bookings that were fully deposited prior to the expiration of this program

~ Judy

Just spoke with Patricia (Supervisor at RCL Certified Planning call center). The 48hrs in the new policy is only for the 110% within 48 hrs of booking (and requires online form). Although it is no longer on the website , they still have the price protection (allowing an upgrade, OBC, or refund of amount of difference) up until final payment due. After that time, upgrade only if available.

She mentioned that any reservations (including WOW reservations with lower deposit and OBC) would not be canceled/rebooked, but would get the cruisers choice (upgrade, obc, lowered price refund).

Fun stuff!

OK - who's a lawyer out there?? Let's get some professional advice on the subject!!! Then you can start a class action suit....... Maybe we should get the authors of the new healthcare bill to either re-write or intrepret this new policy for us......

Robert (from the C&A chat) just called me on my phone and explained the same thing as Patricia. He wanted to let me know that he is working with management to get the website changed. It appears that they added the new information around the 48hr and 110%, but dropped (from the website) the verbage on the normal 100% price protection (that we all love!).

Stay tuned!

Just spoke with Patricia (Supervisor at RCL Certified Planning call center). The 48hrs in the new policy is only for the 110% within 48 hrs of booking (and requires online form). Although it is no longer on the website , they still have the price protection (allowing an upgrade, OBC, or refund of amount of difference) up until final payment due. After that time, upgrade only if available.

She mentioned that any reservations (including WOW reservations with lower deposit and OBC) would not be canceled/rebooked, but would get the cruisers choice (upgrade, obc, lowered price refund).

Fun stuff!

Fun...WOW

I was told the same thing just now by C&A. This 48 hour price protection is a new program.

The other program exists except that they made one minor change (my words) no more OBC after final payment. Upgrades are possible but that is it.

Will we see this back on the web site?....Who knows? Until then it is just another one of the many answers depending on who you speak with at RCI.

Robert (from the C&A chat) just called me on my phone and explained the same thing as Patricia. He wanted to let me know that he is working with management to get the website changed. It appears that they added the new information around the 48hr and 110%, but dropped (from the website) the verbage on the normal 100% price protection (that we all love!).

Stay tuned!

Are you saying they are going to add the 100% price protection back in??

Why sarcastic? :confused::(

It's a cached page - it's the Price Guarantee on royals' website as of May 12th vs. May 17th.

People are reading things into the May 17th terms that are simply NOT there. And that includes CVPs and C&A. They were there, back on May 12th, but they are gone now. Nowhere does it say you will get any kind of credit for any price reductions after the 48 hour period.

If you (that's the generic "you", not you personally) find a good price that you are happy with, go for it. I intend to hold off booking until RCCL clarifies it on their website.

~ Judy

And no where does it say you WON'T get the price reduction which is why I believe we WILL still get it.

Gina

OK, so everybody is having fun using the On-Line Chat with C&A so I thought I would give it a try...............sweeeeeet! :D

Here is my conversation with Samantha. She and Robert haven't met because her response to my question about future bookings is different.:eek:

SamanthaRCCL [10:47]: Welcome to our real-time support chat. How can I help you today?

Patti [10:47]: Hello, I have a question regarding the New Best Price Guarantee Program and the 3 cruises that we booked on board Serenade on 4/16/2010.

SamanthaRCCL [10:47]: Hello Patti. What is your question?

Patti [10:49]: For the 3 cruises that we have booked on Radiance, if there are any price reductions due to senior/residency/military/police&fire will we still be eligible?

SamanthaRCCL [10:50]: As your reservation was created prior to May 17, 2010 then the old rules will apply to your reservation.

Patti [10:51]: That's good to know. I would suggest that someone inform the powers that be to reword what is on the website as it is most confusing and people would like to see it in writing that bookings made prior to 5/17/2010 are essentially grandfathered in.

SamanthaRCCL [10:52]: We will let them know to look into correcting that. Your reservations will be protected so you may still take advantage of any pricing changes that are not specific to new reservations only. Is there anything else that I can assist you with today Patti?

Patti [10:53]: Yes, one more quick question. Now, if I were to make a new reservation in the next week or so if I understand correctly, I will get price reductions up until final payment. After final payment this is where I am confused. How does the new program work?

SamanthaRCCL [10:55]: After final payment you may upgrade to a higher category if a lower rate is available, but no price reductions or onboard credit will be offered for rate changes within the same, or lower, category.

Patti [10:56]: Thank you so much Samantha, you have been very helpful. Have a wonderful day.

SamanthaRCCL [10:56]: Thank you. You do the same.

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you know that we're working on a news item about this and I've left a pile of questions with our contact over at Royal Caribbean. I told him it was imperative that he find the real answers, so hopefully he'll respond quickly.

Also, my apologies if someone has posted this already (when I came online this morning, this thread was already up to 18 pages!), but did you all see that this Best Price revision has come on the heels of -- and seems nearly identical to -- NCL's new policy?

Hello everyone, it is mostly sunny in Tampa. Remember, I said earlier, don't shoot the weatherman. I am at a cancer treatment center, sitting around 100 people in various stages of chemotherapy treatment, most getting drugs and treatments most people couldn't imagine, let alone pronounce and understand. It does seem that most, if not all of the people here (patients, caregivers, volunteers,and health care workers) are quite cognizant of the procedures and events surrounding them today.

It is a sad comment as to the capacity of a company the size of RCI, when they cannot institute a simple pricing program, and relay that information to their customers in a clear concise easily understood website.

I am relieved to know that RCI is in no way able to offer their input toward the patients here.

... but did you all see that this Best Price revision has come on the heels of -- and seems nearly identical to -- NCL's new policy?

Except that RCI is telling us that you wont need to cancel/rebook for the OBC between day3 to final payment due and NCL requires the rebook (according to your link)

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you know that we're working on a news item about this and I've left a pile of questions with our contact over at Royal Caribbean. I told him it was imperative that he find the real answers, so hopefully he'll respond quickly.

Also, my apologies if someone has posted this already (when I came online this morning, this thread was already up to 18 pages!), but did you all see that this Best Price revision has come on the heels of -- and seems nearly identical to -- NCL's new policy?

Thanks Erica.

Thanks Erica...........it might be helpful..........now can you find out about my cancelled Enchantment cruise?:D

Any clarification would be quite helpful.

Hello everyone, it is mostly sunny in Tampa. Remember, I said earlier, don't shoot the weatherman. I am at a cancer treatment center, sitting around 100 people in various stages of chemotherapy treatment, most getting drugs and treatments most people couldn't imagine, let alone pronounce and understand. It does seem that most, if not all of the people here (patients, caregivers, volunteers,and health care workers) are quite cognizant of the procedures and events surrounding them today.

It is a sad comment as to the capacity of a company the size of RCI, when they cannot institute a simple pricing program, and relay that information to their customers in a clear concise easily understood website.

I am relieved to know that RCI is in no way able to offer their input toward the patients here.

That's the bottom line...........something that can be understood by all.

On a side note.........thoughts and prayers going out to you.:)

Carnival already had this policy so it appears everyone is following suit. Sorry....but there's no way they won't honor prices up until final payment is due. People have read into this what just isn't there.

Gina

Carnival already had this policy so it appears everyone is following suit. Sorry....but there's no way they won't honor prices up until final payment is due. People have read into this what just isn't there.

Gina

I have a feeling that these same people are going to find fault with whatever changes C&A is about to make.............be them fantastic or not.:(

Archived