No more price drops for RC?

Again "Trust but Verify":) I'm going to trust them one more time but I'm dang sure going to verify.......:D

Aren't ya glad you came back. See all the excitement you've been missing.

And what do you think it might be? The return of pillow chocolates? New style hats or picture frames for us?

I know....the return of combines benefits..........

NOT :p :rolleyes:

Gina

Never say never.

You know Gina..........this one doesn't really bother me that much......they can't take away too much more can they:D So anything they might add back has to be a bonus.

That was the plan to begin with.........take it away..........wait a year or two..........then when you give it back..........they'll think they are really getting something great.:p

You know Gina..........this one doesn't really bother me that much......they can't take away too much more can they:D So anything they might add back has to be a bonus.

I vote for some free laundry. The free laundry service I got on my only Celebrity cruise in March was the highlight of that cruise. Some of my clothes looked better than the day I bought them. I never had laundry folded so perfectly like that on any RCI cruise I've been on ..... and paid for.

Yes, I would vote for free laundry. Or maybe a discount on a specialty restaurant. :D

Gina

.:p

Well it can be awfully frustrating........I still think RC needs to go back to finishing school:p

Now would you find out about my Enchantment cruise??;)

Never say never.

That was the plan to begin with.........take it away..........wait a year or two..........then when you give it back..........they'll think they are really getting something great.:p

I thought the coupon books were great before. I'd think it was great if they put them back the way they were. Or make them even better than before! :)

Gina

I vote for some free laundry. The free laundry service I got on my only Celebrity cruise in March was the highlight of that cruise. Some of my clothes looked better than the day I bought them. I never had laundry folded so perfectly like that on any RCI cruise I've been on ..... and paid for.

Yes, I would vote for free laundry. Or maybe a discount on a specialty restaurant. :D

Gina

OK free laundry would be good........especially on those 12 to 14 day repo cruises.:)

Well it can be awfully frustrating........I still think RC needs to go back to finishing school:p

Now would you find out about my Enchantment cruise??;)

Things just never change do they? If I could help you with your EN cruise, you know I would.

I thought the coupon books were great before. I'd think it was great if they put them back the way they were. Or make them even better than before! :)

Gina

You're right about the coupon books. Bring back the good old days, but leave out the ones for those silly slot pulls and air brushed tattoos.:eek:

Well I'm going to go watch the Celtics and Orlando..........maybe by tomorrow this thread will be long forgotten and on page 3:rolleyes:.

Maybe this whole thing was an end run for the June 1 announcement:D

Hi Kathy........I have missed posting with you.

Awwwwww~~~~~ miss posting with you too..........:o

so you all think the announcement will be an addition of perks?? I was thinking the reorganization of credits.......you know,for people LIKE ME,who only got to DP by booking those SS/MN cruises:rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Things just never change do they? If I could help you with your EN cruise, you know I would.

You're right about the coupon books. Bring back the good old days, but leave out the ones for those silly slot pulls and air brushed tattoos.:eek:

Patti rumor has it you look VERY GOOD in the air brushed tattoos...:p Ok now I am going to watch basketball but I couldn't resist:D

so you all think the announcement will be an addition of perks?? I was thinking the reorganization of credits.......you know,for people LIKE ME,who only got to DP by booking those SS/MN cruises:rolleyes::rolleyes:.

I hope they do like Princess and count cruise OR NUMBER OF NIGHTS.......that would be on my wish list.:D

Yeah! retroactive so you get the boot! :p

jk

Gina

I hope they do like Princess and count cruise OR NUMBER OF NIGHTS.......that would be on my wish list.:D

Does Princess do it like HAL and count the money you spend, too? That basically allows people to buy their way up but of course they probably love that. A night count wouldn't be so bad though.

Gina

I wanted a tattoo on the RD a couple of weeks ago! I walked all over the ship looking for the booth. No tattoos on the RD ... whatEVER! The only reason I was doing it was to shake up my adult sons when I got home ... hee hee hee ...:cool:

~dianne

Well I'm going to go watch the Celtics and Orlando..........maybe by tomorrow this thread will be long forgotten and on page 3:rolleyes:.

If this thread is on page three I won't be reading. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Another reason not to use a travel agent.

Q: Why was the Best Price Guarantee policy changed?

A: She also noted that RCCL had heard from its travel agent partners that they were frustrated at losing commission every time a cruise fare dropped, so this new policy further benefits them by preserving their compensation.

The new BPG takes the fun of watching prices away...fortunately, I'm under the old policy as I booked the day BEFORE the Wow sale. I weighed the odds of getting the prime AFT balcony I wanted & decided it was worth the extra $100 it cost me to book pre-sale.

BUT, I can't be the only one who sees some other cruise they want with the room they want and BOOK it while already on the website and looking at the current cruise & prices. I wouldn't have booked my 2011 cruise (with cancel for any reason insurance) if I hadn't been looking at my 2010 cruise.

AND if I had read this thread prior to booking & been alerted to the new Best Price Gty... I probably would have waited. Prime cabin location or not.

It seems like the policies change every few years just to keep people from "working they system" to their advantage. After RCI gets tired of having all the last minute bookings a year or two down the road, then perhaps they will change again. After all, it did what it was initially designed to do: Get people on THEIR cruise line, try THEIR product. KEEPING them is dependent on what other things they do well or better than their competition.

I will still continue to book in advance. I book at a price I am comfortable with and if it drops, than it's a bonus. I can live with not getting any price drops after the final payment. Obviously I like the old policy better, but the new one isn't as bad as what some are making it out to be.

Like many people, we have to secure vacation time at work and fly to the port. Therefore, booking at the last minute is often not feasible due to airfare and work commitments.

Another reason not to use a travel agent.

Q: Why was the Best Price Guarantee policy changed?

A: She also noted that RCCL had heard from its travel agent partners that they were frustrated at losing commission every time a cruise fare dropped, so this new policy further benefits them by preserving their compensation.

while they may be using agents as an excuse the bottom line is the reason, not TA's complaining. It is right up there with them "going green" with edocs, which just passes the cost of printing off to the consumer or Travel agent...again bottom line.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda been the CAVS.:(

I wanted a tattoo on the RD a couple of weeks ago! I walked all over the ship looking for the booth. No tattoos on the RD ... whatEVER! The only reason I was doing it was to shake up my adult sons when I got home ... hee hee hee ...:cool:

~dianne

The booth was there in November right on Deck 5 on the opposite side of where Cafe Latitudes is located before you walk down to the Shops on Board.

Except that RCI is telling us that you wont need to cancel/rebook for the OBC between day3 to final payment due and NCL requires the rebook (according to your link)

Actually, RCI might not be telling you that you won't need to cancel/rebook, but it is in the letter that was sent to TA's (once again, just to recap, the entire letter is on Page 9)

The exerpt is here...

*For cruises within penalty periods only. For cruises outside of penalty, Travel Agents or Guests may cancel and rebook at the lower rate if all qualifications of the new fare are met. Lower rates must be fares available to the general public that are publicly advertised by Azamara Club Cruises, Celebrity Cruises or Royal Caribbean International.

Evening Patti and Kathy! :)

I subscribed to this thread when it first started. I haven't posted, sometimes I just like to read and learn. And (oddly) we have 4 cruises booked between now and 2012...so the new policy doesn't affect us immediately, but I do have a question.....

The new policy refers to new bookings after final payment. What about the Tuesday Sale Event? The CC Q&A states the following..." Eligible price drops include publicly available pricing and not special discounts, such as agency or employee rates. So if you book a cruise for $499, and then see it advertised for $449, you'll get $55 in onboard credit."

So you book a cruise on Monday within the penalty period, and the Tuesday Sale comes out the following day...are you eligible for the price drop even with the new booking verbage?

And a corollary to that question, SueL mentioned that the Tuesday Sale flyers were soon to be restricted to travel agents. Would that still be a publicly available price? If you can't access the Tuesday Sale prices, would you have to be booked with a TA to take advantage of that price? They are not specifically excluded in the Q&A wording. I was just pondering. :)

Never say never.

Kinda like when they kicked the Diamonds out of the CL only they didn't wait a couple of years to dribble back a "compromise."

Methinks that was the plan all along. Telling the Diamonds that they were doing away with access to the CL and replacing a comp happy hour with free wine/champagne and charge for anything else would have raised about the same amount of furor as taking it all away like they did.

So wait a couple of weeks and then do a little mea culpa and say, "o.k., we will have an evening lounge with free wine/champagne (remember at first they didn't even have free soft drinks), and a small price reduction on mixed drinks. Aren't we nice, we listen to our Loyal Royals."

Tucker in Texas

Archived