Wow-less sale

I was looking at a Bermuda cruise for next Summer. I got one quote the day before the WOW sale and the next day the same cruise was $180 dollars more. What kind of a sale is that? Forget about it:mad:.

lol...sounds like a "Smoke and Mirrors" sale to me....

Mitch

I was looking at a Bermuda cruise for next Summer. I got one quote the day before the WOW sale and the next day the same cruise was $180 dollars more. What kind of a sale is that? Forget about it:mad:.

Both of my cruises are the same price ... so not all went up. I guess some go up and down every day though, it could be a coincidence?? Just keep watching, maybe it will go back down. Dont let the sale make you feel like you have to book now.

Not every sale is good for everyone. If you have access to other discounts, then that's a better deal for you.

But for those of us who book inside cabins, or who are not yet platinum, who are not stockholders, and who are not entitled to other discounts.....well, then this is a great opportunity for them, and it is WOW!

My thoughts exactly. People have to realize that not everyone can afford or want a balcony. I love balconies and am diamond, but for me to be able to go on more cruises, I have to usually settle for inside staterooms. This is when booking during WOW is great, as long as you find a good deal on a cruise.

I have the stock because its still at a loss last time a looked a few weeks ago. Im not taking the loss if I dont have to. Waiting for it to go green, even if it takes years..then I will get OBC from balcony or wow or FCC or whatever..early bird OBC Iv even seen offered by TAs.

Interestingly I also have stockw ith Carnival and also sail on Princess. They allow the stock to be used in conjunction with other discounts.

I think that some of these sweeping offers RCL makes as a carrot to encourage early bookings end up hurting them in the long run.

I purchased a NextCruise certificate on my last cruise, knowing I would be booking two cabins for my 2011 cruise. I have been waiting for a half deposit event to book that cruise, since deposits for four people come to a LOT of $$.

Well, I got my 1/2 deposit event, which is good. But it was offered with $100 OBC. So what good did letting RCL hold my $200 NextCruise money do me? I got the same deal as EVERYONE else. I understand that NextCruise is to encourage people to book early and to spread out the company's income by having people make deposits far in advance of their next booking. But if you take our money, then negate the benefit, we feel used.

I don't care about not being able to combine loyalty benefits, and I'm not saying that just because I'm a lowly gold member. I would cruise RCL anyway. I don't choose the cruiseline for the loyalty benefits. But when I invest my hard-earned money for RCL's benefit - buying stock or NextCruise certificates - and am then advised that the perk that the company offers in return for my financial investment is null and void because they'd decided to just give out that same benefit to ANYONE, it's unfair.

your TA needs an education. There is no way that you'd not get the diamond benefit of $200 off your balcony. It would just be down the road sometime before final payment.

By waiting , you risk the chance that the cruise you're booking will go up before you go on your next cruise to book it.

Sorry, the TA was dead on. The promo was an "either/or". This promo did not allow for any "double dipping." It could not be combined with any Crown & Anchor benefit. Since the Crown & Anchor benefit was higher it would have been a dumb move to chose the WOW OBC. The only downside to taking the C & A benefit was the reduced deposit. However, that deposit was non-refundable anyway. Also the WOW did not allow for any name changes to the booking. It was, in general, no deal at all as they had raised the prices on nearly every sailing. I booked the day before and saved almost $500.

your TA needs an education. There is no way that you'd not get the diamond benefit of $200 off your balcony. It would just be down the road sometime before final payment.

By waiting , you risk the chance that the cruise you're booking will go up before you go on your next cruise to book it.

to clarify, I meant that down the road you call your TA or RCL and have them apply your larger $200 discount for your balcony. You can only have one or the other and you would then lose the Wow $100 OBC

Archived