Wow-less sale

I am booked through 2011 and thought it would be good to take advantage of the "WOW" sale and start on 2012 but I found out through my travel agent that is is actually cheaper to wait as a diamond memeber, To book now I would get $100 OBC but not get my $200 diamond discount on a balcany. The price is $100 more with the wow sale. The only advantage is the 1/2 price deposit. I will just wait and book on board in August.:eek:

Not every sale is good for everyone. If you have access to other discounts, then that's a better deal for you.

But for those of us who book inside cabins, or who are not yet platinum, who are not stockholders, and who are not entitled to other discounts.....well, then this is a great opportunity for them, and it is WOW!

I agree. If you were going to book a cruise anyway and were not entitled to any discounts or perks then this was a nice time to book. I did not take it as a "sale" anyway. The rates are actually the same as they were prior to this promotion but you get the bonus of the OBC and discounted deposit (which is a big help to people that dont have a big chunk to put down right now and are maybe waiting on next years tax refund to pay for the cruise):rolleyes:

I am booked through 2011 and thought it would be good to take advantage of the "WOW" sale and start on 2012 but I found out through my travel agent that is is actually cheaper to wait as a diamond memeber, To book now I would get $100 OBC but not get my $200 diamond discount on a balcany. The price is $100 more with the wow sale. The only advantage is the 1/2 price deposit. I will just wait and book on board in August.:eek:

But you do have the option of forgoing the OBC and having your balcony discount applied. You are given the option to take which ever discount is of most benefit to you. So if you booked today you would pay half the usual deposit and at least not have to worry about the cruise price going up.

your TA needs an education. There is no way that you'd not get the diamond benefit of $200 off your balcony. It would just be down the road sometime before final payment.

By waiting , you risk the chance that the cruise you're booking will go up before you go on your next cruise to book it.

I'm with you. Heck, even my Texas residency discount on the March 13 sailing is now gone during this WOW sale.

Forget it.

I saw that. I'm leaving on a trip to the Holy Land tomorrow (not a cruise) and DH is not coming with me. I was trying to teach him how to check for price drops. This morning the Texas residency discount was there for my 1/02/2011 cruise. This afternoon it was gone.

I am hoping that they will offer a 55+ discount at some point in time. If nothing seems likely, I'll give the reservation to a TA for OBC or pre-paid gratuities before final payment is due. Found me a nice gal on Vacations to Go when I booked AMA Waterways river barge on the Volga River (Russia) for 2011.

Once I reach Platinum/Diamond, it won't be worth the WOW sales either... However, I did get $100 OBC for EACH of my B2B weeks, so that worked out. With the price drops, we went from an inside cabin to a Hump Balcony and it is much about the same price as our original inside cabin.

I agree. If you were going to book a cruise anyway and were not entitled to any discounts or perks then this was a nice time to book. I did not take it as a "sale" anyway. The rates are actually the same as they were prior to this promotion but you get the bonus of the OBC and discounted deposit (which is a big help to people that dont have a big chunk to put down right now and are maybe waiting on next years tax refund to pay for the cruise):rolleyes:

I agree. We have been wanting to try out a RCL vacation but the deposit amounts are a huge chunk of $ for us to come up with, so this was a great time to save in that area. Plus we will get $200 OBC for our 2 rooms and that is an added bonus!

Do you get the feeling they are more interested in attracting new business over cultivating more multiple cruise passenger business? It is really a shame how some of these things have been undertaken...especially non stop advertisement of the WOW sale which is not so wow as you pointed out...

But you do have the option of forgoing the OBC and having your balcony discount applied. You are given the option to take which ever discount is of most benefit to you. So if you booked today you would pay half the usual deposit and at least not have to worry about the cruise price going up.

TA told me I would have to pay full deposit to get the balcony discount its all or nothing

Do you get the feeling they are more interested in attracting new business over cultivating more multiple cruise passenger business? It is really a shame how some of these things have been undertaken...especially non stop advertisement of the WOW sale which is not so wow as you pointed out...

I don't understand why but i feel the same way I love RC so im not thinking about a change i am just surprised

your TA needs an education. There is no way that you'd not get the diamond benefit of $200 off your balcony. It would just be down the road sometime before final payment.

By waiting , you risk the chance that the cruise you're booking will go up before you go on your next cruise to book it.

I called RC my TA is correct its one or the other no diamond discount with the wow sale

Really?? I was told I couldnt get the balcony discount AND my stock OBC. That no OBCs could be combined.

Have I been told wrong? I hope Iv been wrong about this, would certainly cheer me up.

I called RC my TA is correct its one or the other no diamond discount with the wow sale

Opps, sorry, I just read your other post and see that you perked up too that you might be able to get both.

drat.. well sounded good for a couple of minutes anyway.

;) This is my first time sailing on RCCL and it is because of the wow sale. I was booked with another cruise line, and I just happened to be looking at other web sites and saw this sale. I in turn looked at this sale and really could not believe the price. It was about 1/4 less for the same cabin. So, I canceled my cruise on another line and booked this one with RCCL.

Thanks, I have always wanted to try RCCL and now I can. I have read wonderful reviews about the Serenade and now I get to try her!!! Thanks to RCCL for allowing me to afford to switch at this time and even get a OBC. I am excited!!!

;) This is my first time sailing on RCCL and it is because of the wow sale. I was booked with another cruise line, and I just happened to be looking at other web sites and saw this sale. I in turn looked at this sale and really could not believe the price. It was about 1/4 less for the same cabin. So, I canceled my cruise on another line and booked this one with RCCL.

Thanks, I have always wanted to try RCCL and now I can. I have read wonderful reviews about the Serenade and now I get to try her!!! Thanks to RCCL for allowing me to afford to switch at this time and even get a OBC. I am excited!!!

I think thats what royal is looking for with its sale. I think they are trying to attract new buisness. I own a buisness and totaly understand. My point in my OP was that it makes more sence to a diamond member to book on board you get the 1/2 price deposit and your discount.

On IOS this summer the deal was $100pp deposit no matter what the cruise. They also gave a 2 category upgrade with a balcony room booking. I only had to put down a $500 deposit for 5 people 12 night Med instead of $2250 and the upgrade was worth more than 2 diamond balcony discounts.

A fantastic sale for first timers booking entry level cabins.

5 class Q cabins on Explorer Mar 20 for 11 nights. We paid $1154.64/pp after fees. $200/cabin OBC from RCI. Gratuities prepaid by TA ($214.50/cabin) and she's sending some kind of coupon books. Plus only paid half the deposit.

Price (and OBC) protected until Jan 9. After Jan 9, upgrades are a distinct possibility should prices drop because we are in the base cabins.

WOW :D

Thanks so much to CC. Before logging on here, I would have called a TA and booked, no questions asked. Because of this site, we have $414.50/cabin!

TA told me I would have to pay full deposit to get the balcony discount its all or nothing

Correct, at time of booking.

What I have done with past WOW sales, is book, and then after final payment, or if I mak a payment latrtat takes me above the normal deposit amount, call and cancel the OBC and have the balcony discoun added.

Really?? I was told I couldnt get the balcony discount AND my stock OBC. That no OBCs could be combined.

Have I been told wrong? I hope Iv been wrong about this, would certainly cheer me up.

I have also been told either the Diamond discount or the stock OBC. I am beginning to wonder why I still have the stock?????

What I have done with past WOW sales, is book, and then after final payment, or if I mak a payment latrtat takes me above the normal deposit amount, call and cancel the OBC and have the balcony discoun added.

I have done this as well. Works out nice if you want to lock in a price and only pay half deposit, but still get the Diamond discount. The only thing you lose is the OBC, which I went into it knowing that I wouldn't be receiving it, so no big deal.

The RCCL agents don't even need to know what your plan is, just book it during the WOW sale and then 2 months out, make final payment and apply diamond discount at that point. The agent will tell you that you will lose the OBC and you just say ok, easy as that.

I was looking at a Bermuda cruise for next Summer. I got one quote the day before the WOW sale and the next day the same cruise was $180 dollars more. What kind of a sale is that? Forget about it:mad:.

That was what I was trying to say. I knew that they couldn't get the balcony discount immediately but eventually they could make it happen. Just like if a C&A coupon comes out later for the sailing it can be applied and the OBC removed.

I have also been told either the Diamond discount or the stock OBC. I am beginning to wonder why I still have the stock?????

I have the stock because its still at a loss last time a looked a few weeks ago. Im not taking the loss if I dont have to. Waiting for it to go green, even if it takes years..then I will get OBC from balcony or wow or FCC or whatever..early bird OBC Iv even seen offered by TAs.

Archived