Bon Voyage World Cruisers 2010 ( thats better )

Gaznjo

when you look at the photos of them standing on deck in the morning I think... gosh hope they are rugged up..... then remembered that the sea scanner info said it was 32 deg...

joanne sitting infront of her computer with her coat and heater on LOL

well it must be close as one of the blogs says are arriving in port said at 4pm and they will be allowed to wander off shore till midnight... hmm cairo after dark.... sounds scary.... sounds like they had a great transit... can't wait till next year...

I am sure they will be glad to put feet on terra ferma

joanne

well it must be close as one of the blogs says are arriving in port said at 4pm and they will be allowed to wander off shore till midnight... hmm cairo after dark.... sounds scary.... sounds like they had a great transit... can't wait till next year...

I am sure they will be glad to put feet on terra ferma

joanne

Hello Joanne, thank you for all the posts I've enjoyed seeing the camera view. You were correct the last picture is that of Port Said. Cairo is some 3 hours bus drive away, there is very little in Port Said to see or do according to some friends of ours who stayed onboard the day of the excursion to the Pyramids. I recall our friends being quite cranky that there was nothing there - it really is only a pyramids stop, and they felt it was a waste of a day unless you visited the pyramids. I'll be interested to read what other people think of the area around Port Said. Naturally vendors set up stalls right outside the ships gang plank and that presents some level of interest.

"Cairo is some 3 hours bus drive away"

lol realised this after going to google earth when garry questioned my statement LOL...

it is a shame that next year they didn't pick a different port like alexandria ( i presume it is just as far away to the pyramids..hmm must check google earth again LOL ) even though I am of greek descent my mother was born in alexandria.......... She was on one of the first cruise ships ( strathmore ) to come to australia straight after the WW2

joanne

The way P&O organise visits to the pyramids on their World Cruise - is that they drop the pyramids tour people off at Suez and pick them up 12 hours or so later at the other end of the Suez Canal at Port Said. It is going to be lovely and quiet for those of us left aboard for the Suez transit. I wonder if there is some way we could leave them behind :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Barry

according to my Iphone it is 5.45am in port said... wonder if the buses have started queuing up.... shame that little boat infront doesnt have bridge cam....

they would be all getting ready and having breaky for they leave !!

2479155870040575311S600x600Q85.jpg

Actually, AF, they hung that banner over the sides when we were anchored at Akaroa, and also Lifou. If it wasn't exactly the same it was similar - a warning for small boats to keep away.

They used this banner when we went to Port Douglas...not many pirates there :rolleyes: Actually i think they used it at all of the tendering ports....I suppose it probably means more when theres a chance that pirates may attack as opposed to curious boats having a sneeky peak on the Barrier Reef :)

They used this banner when we went to Port Douglas...not many pirates there

I'm sure I have even seen it in Sydney.

Its to warn small boats to keep away.

If anything where to happen it would most probably be at a smaller port.

Remember the Rainbow Warrior????

i am trying to find out who that is.....

i spend a couple of hours doing that too... the port guide had lots of ships ... but didnt have the dawn princess.... lol... could have been one of the littler costa ships or even one of the smaller european ones...

oh well... maybe some else will come and park there now LOl

Archived