Bon Voyage World Cruisers 2010 ( thats better )

Gaznjo

:)You are all such wizzes on the webcams. I either miss it altogether or have trouble transfering the image. So now I don't bother even trying....just enjoy your shots... keep up the good work... :) Jillybean:)

Thanks Jillybean,

We all get fun out of following exotic cruises like this.

If we cant be there, why not use this wonderful medium that we have and cruise "virtually" with them.

A World Cruise is exciting, and its great to see a team building up here , where can all share , either what we have spotted , captured , or heard from passengers on board.

We cant be watching all the time , so the more that join in the merrier.

"I sit here, the day after Barbados, on the floor outside our cabin! Let me explain....we have NO POWER ANYWHERE ON THE SHIP! No water, no toilets absolutely zilch. El Captain, a man of few words, has made 3 announcements basically saying nothing as usual. And its hot and Princess still want to charge us for bottled water, I can feel a mutiny coming on. So don't know when this blog will send but anyway here goes."

this looks like fun!!

"I sit here, the day after Barbados, on the floor outside our cabin! Let me explain....we have NO POWER ANYWHERE ON THE SHIP! No water, no toilets absolutely zilch. El Captain, a man of few words, has made 3 announcements basically saying nothing as usual. And its hot and Princess still want to charge us for bottled water, I can feel a mutiny coming on. So don't know when this blog will send but anyway here goes."

this looks like fun!!

Not good losing power again, I read the blog. Now the rumours abound again about the cruise finishing in LA.

Crikey I hope the beer does not get warm on board with no refrigeration.

No doubt the Chief Engineer will get the old tub going again.

I wonder if the problems they're having are, in fact, the same problem they had in the Gulf of Aden, except worse as they lost power to everything this time.

Anyone in the elevators......could have been stuck for awhile...:rolleyes:

I think she is in need of some drydock time.

Jillybean:)

I wonder if the problems they're having are, in fact, the same problem they had in the Gulf of Aden, except worse as they lost power to everything this time.

Anyone in the elevators......could have been stuck for awhile...:rolleyes:

I think she is in need of some drydock time.

Jillybean:)

at least we have 298 days for her to be fixed

great catch this morning kiwi..

I was lucky last night as i was just sitting in front of the telly and thought to glance at my new app cruise cam on my iphone and noticed that she was in the picture... ran to the big computer to capture the shots...

PANAMA CANAL DAY TODAY!!

here is a link to the first of the locks... gatun... they are due around 5am their time....

http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html?cam=GatunHi

Joanne

Curacao in the Dutch Antilles, looks beaut, hope some of the pax went to the Curacao distillery. We are there on Westerdam next year. Hope those boozy Aussies left some grog for Packetau and me ! So now they are off to the Panama Canal, should be some great shots waiting for our resident DP World Cruise pic guru Kiwi Cruiser, go for it son.

PANAMA CANAL DAY TODAY!!

here is a link to the first of the locks... gatun... they are due around 5am their time....

Don’t they have a sea day between Curaçao and Panama?? :confused: (As we are a day ahead of them e.g.: its still Sun there while its Monday here?, so they go thru Panama on Wed? )

Hope those boozy Aussies left some grog for Packetau and me !.

Les next years WC does not go to the carribean..... we do visit bermuda then ft lauderdale.... cartenga then panama canal onto puntarenas..

so a little different... no rum punch for us :-( you will have to have mine...

Joanne

Don’t they have a sea day between Curaçao and Panama?? :confused: (As we are a day ahead of them e.g.: its still Sun there while its Monday here?, so they go thru Panama on Wed? )

sorry you are right

"02 AUG At Sea03 AUG Transit Panama Canal 0500 1630"

this is what I read ... and Just looked at the first date ... didn't realise that she had the days on one line... ohhh.... now i have to wait till tomorrow... :-(

I have just been looking at the Panama Canal Authourity web page,

and wandered onto the Tolls Charged section.

If I read it correctly , passenger ships pay a toll of

$120 per passenger berth.

I presume that is US.

So if Dawn Princess has 1981 berths

thats a staggering $237,720

to transit the canal.:eek:

Wonder if the cheque has to be cleared before they can pass through:D?

Heres a few more facts about the canal from the site....

*Since August 15, 1914, more than 960,000 ships have transited the Canal.

*As of August 26th, 2009, the Panama Canal Authority has a workforce of 9,703 employees

*Expansion will build a new lane of traffic along the Panama Canal through the construction of a new set of locks which will double capacity and allow more traffic and longer, wider ships.

*It takes a ship an average of 8-10 hours to transit through the Canal.

*Slated for completion in 2014, the Panama Canal Expansion is the waterway’s largest undertaking since it was built in 1914.

*A ship saves 7,860 nautical miles when traveling from New York to San Francisco through the Canal instead of the Cape of Horn

*As part of the Expansion Program, 46 million m3 will be excavated to

build the new Pacific Access Channel.

*More than 700,000 trees have been planted in Canal watershed areas.

*The new locks will use 7% less water per lockage than the current locks.

here is what sheree wrote last year

"It seems cruise ships are given preference over all other vessels, but when the days commentator announced that $270K US was required to be paid 48 in advance for our passage I had a good grounding of why. It seems we paid the princely sum of $3.30US per ton…. They charge vessels by weight as well as cabins/passengers etc. It seems the cheapest ever fare was some guy who decided to swim the Panama….. 36c cents US was his fare, not sure if they weighed him before or after the swim ‘cos I’m sure after would have been a lot cheaper. "

Archived