Single Occupanties

Granden

I have Cruise a few times with my husband, unfortunately my husband has passed away I would like to do a Cruise next year and was wondering how much more you have to pay for your cabins we have always had a balcony has I don't like beening closed in.

Thanks for any advice

Granden

That's true for a balcony but if you settle for an ocean view, with a nice big picture window, off peak you can sometimes get a single fare of about 160% - 170% of the per person double occupancy fare. It depends on your budget but, if you like to cruise and the balcony price is a bit steep, think about an ocean view - I hate being shut in but can manage with an OV just fine. Plus, if you get a cabin on the next deck to the promenade and near the stairs, it's only a short hop to the the biggest balcony on the ship - the whole promenade!

This is also true of an inside cabin but that definitely would make you feel shut in.

I'm sorry...I know it's a typo...but I just LOVE the title of this thread.

Granden, I hope you locate the perfect cruise to take. There are ships on other lines that have designed and built cabins for singles that don't charge the single supplement.

you should take a look at HAL. their single supplement is routinely 125 - 150%. once i found a cruise with no single supp, but it took a lot of searching.

costa is one line that has single cabins on some of their older ships.

Thanks for all the replys looks like I will have to find someone to share with. I like cruising with Princess.

Many cruices under 'C' category are not double the price.Some of the obstructed cabins are not so. Past passenger credits help plus Princess has Regional Specials. Talk with Princess before you decide to share...

My husband died several years ago and I travel solo with Princess.....Kruisey:)

Many cruices under 'C' category are not double the price.Some of the obstructed cabins are not so. Past passenger credits help plus Princess has Regional Specials. Talk with Princess before you decide to share...

Thanks Kruisey for this I will contact than I really didn't want to share:)

Curious... does Princess offer the option to share a room with a stranger for the price of a normal fare (for one person based on double occupancy)? I thought I read years ago that Princess (or maybe it was another cruise line) allowed you to share a room with a stranger and only pay the normal price. But if nobody else wanted to share, then you'd get the room all to yourself, but only have to pay the normal fare (and not double).

Curious... does Princess offer the option to share a room with a stranger for the price of a normal fare (for one person based on double occupancy)? I thought I read years ago that Princess (or maybe it was another cruise line) allowed you to share a room with a stranger and only pay the normal price. But if nobody else wanted to share, then you'd get the room all to yourself, but only have to pay the normal fare (and not double).

Yes, they did do this, but I think it ceased some time ago ;)

Princess used to do this but there were a lot of complaints when people were actually matched up. Some people were upset that someone was assigned to room with them even though that's what they signed up for. Go figure. Because of this, it wasn't worth the hassle so Princess discontinued it.

I always cruise as a single in a cabin. Sometimes I book an obstructed outside, sometimes a mini-suite. It depends on the itinerary and the weather. If I'm on a port-intensive cruise, I get the cheapest outside cabin I can find since I'm essentially going to be sleeping, eating and bathing on the ship; if there are a lot of sea days and the weather will be relatively warm, I get a balcony. My suggestion is to find a good TA who books a lot of Princess cruises. You'll find that even if you're paying the 150 - 200%, it's not too painful because a TA who books a lot of Princess cabins gets really good discounts.

Apparently RCI still does the sharing thing. How do I know? I read a post in there today about someone sharing with someone who brought a starfish back onboard and the room smelled like fish. LOL

Hehehe. I saw that too. :) Although (assuming that story was even partly true) the two singles weren't set up by RCCL; they were set up by a travel agent who matched them up and booked a room for the two of them to save them both money.

Single-supplement rate fare compensates the cruise line for the loss of double occupancy in the stateroom.

It doesn't seem fair does it?:cool::rolleyes:

You can avoid the single supplement charge by finding a roommate and splitting the cost of the cabin.

Single-supplement rate fare compensates the cruise line for the loss of double occupancy in the stateroom.

It doesn't seem fair does it?:cool::rolleyes:

You can avoid the single supplement charge by finding a roommate and splitting the cost of the cabin.

I am not alone in preferring my own cabin...Its really is worth paying extra:)

The heading of this thread is hilarious. Was it really a typing error OP ?

I'm sorry to sound immature (I'm 47!!), but the typo in the title of the thread has touched my funny bone. Occupanties... 8 pair of underwear maybe?? :D

No, they are SINGLE occupanties, which means one pair with eight leg openings.

I traveled solo for the first time this past February and it was fabulous! Had a great opportunity to meet new friends through cruise critic and enjoy their company. I paid about 150% of the price for an inside on Riveria deck right below the AFT Pool and balcony so like a previous poster I felt like I had my own Balcony.

I am sailing solo again on the Emerald on Dec 8 and would love to hear from other solo passengers on the roll call. You won't be sorry if you book solo.

Joyce

Archived