Just booked VOS- chances of a price drop?

Hello all,

We just booked a GS #1268 for Jan 2011 sailing for $1499 Res rate for wifey and 2 kids and was wondering-

How good is this room?

- I found the cabin location on a ship map from another site using google.

Also what are the chances of a price drop?

Anyway, looking forward to it since our last cruise was on Explorer for our honeymoon way back in 2003...:D

Id say your chances of a price drop about 50/50. Prices this last spring didnt drop like the year before did on Voyager out of Galveston. I saw starting prices on the date I was watching went down to as low as starting at $529. Starting prices now are within about $20 pp of what the lowest I saw last spring was... so you might get a little. ..

.... or if you are a gambler, when suite guarantees come up, you might switch to one and save some $$??

We had that suite in 2007 and you will love it. I got it for my sister's 60th birthday. As for the price drop there is always a chance that it will go down but there is always the possibilty that the Grand Suite prices will go up too. Anyway you did get a good price on it.

Enjoy your cruise. We'll be on the Voyager during Mardi Gras and I can't wait to celebrate Mardi Gras on the High Seas (again.)

Had a grand suite last year on Voyager; opposite side of the ship from your cabin. Great cabin, and a month prior to sailing we got a huge price drop on our cabin.

We had that suite in 2007 and you will love it. I got it for my sister's 60th birthday. As for the price drop there is always a chance that it will go down but there is always the possibilty that the Grand Suite prices will go up too. Anyway you did get a good price on it.

Enjoy your cruise. We'll be on the Voyager during Mardi Gras and I can't wait to celebrate Mardi Gras on the High Seas (again.)

Thanks for the thumbs up on the cabin. We are looking forward to it.

Yeah, a price drop would be nice but getting the room you wanted is better.

Thanks for the replies all

Pricing is all about supply and demand. Monitor your sailing/pricing every day (like most of us here do,) and maybe you'll get lucky. Over the years, we've had some sailings that didn't budge, and some that the prices dropped dramatically--like almost $1,000 pp! It's definitely worth checking on a daily basis....:D

Archived