Yet another odd question: My own salad dressing

alaskaboy2

Will they freak if I bring my own bottle of salad dressing along? I like french dressing, but not the typical weak, eastern "orange" stuff. We in the midwest like our french dressing red. :)

We bring our own sugar free cappuccino mix for our coffee, so why not salad dressing? That's one good thing Carnival does have,and that's an excellent salad bar.

We bring our own sugar free cappuccino mix for our coffee, so why not salad dressing? That's one good thing Carnival does have,and that's an excellent salad bar.

Sugar free cappuccino salad dressing? :eek:

Seriously, it seems doubtful that security would have any problem with an unopened bottle of store-bought salad dressing. If you are talking about bringing your own home-made stuff they might take issue with that. Also if you have to fly and need to keep your salad dressing in your carry-on for safe keeping, the container would have to be no bigger than 3oz (100ml) and put in a zip-lock bag as there are enforced size restrictions.

The thing is making sure your salad comes undressed-- this is something you have to take up with your waiter each night. Most salads are pre plated.

(at the buffet you can do it yourself.)

take your own-- we take a few condiments ourselves-- hot sauce since they only have tabassco sauce, and old bay seasonings to name a few.

I like brown eggs so we'll be bringing a chicken with us.

You won't be able to bring said chicken back into the U.S. with you - so you'll have to slaughter on the last night. Make sure to bring your George Foreman grill with you so you can have some fresh & healthy grilled chicken breasts.

Should be okay to just throw the feathers overboard. Might help take some of the heat off of the smokers that smoke on the balcony.

You won't be able to bring said chicken back into the U.S. with you - so you'll have to slaughter on the last night. Make sure to bring your George Foreman grill with you so you can have some fresh & healthy grilled chicken breasts.

Should be okay to just throw the feathers overboard. Might help take some of the heat off of the smokers that smoke on the balcony.

I could never do that to Brownie. :o

Salad dressing--bring it in a old (washed) bottle of salad dressing and pack it in the suitcase. Bring a small container so you can refill it wil dressing instead of bringing the bottle....Red French dressing...hmm, Catalina dressing is red...never saw a red French dressing before..

Eggs--I like my eggs brown but from FREE RANGE hens, so if you see a brown chicken or two running around the decks, it's mine.....

That sounds like a web site waiting to happen. :)

Lets see;

1. booze smugglers

2. chair hogs

3. stair hogs

4. $2.00 bill tippers

5. tomato juice tossers

6. soda/water smugglers

7. blow dryer smugglers

8. iron smugglers

9. flattner smugglers

and now

10. salad dressing smugglers

did I miss anyone?

To the OP, See if you can find some individual packets of the Red Catalina dressing. I have seen it at some of the Warehouse type stores. The good thing is that they do not have to be refrigerated. Just put one in your pocket prior to your meal. Good Luck to you. :)

Lets see;

1. booze smugglers

2. chair hogs

3. stair hogs

4. $2.00 bill tippers

5. tomato juice tossers

6. soda/water smugglers

7. blow dryer smugglers

8. iron smugglers

9. flattner smugglers

and now

10. salad dressing smugglers

did I miss anyone?

fan smugglers? not that I need one;)

Just curious about 'refrigeration'? Most dressing require refrigeration after opening.....and I know the cabin fridges are not that cold to begin with. So assuming one chooses to bring this onboard - can you just stick a label on it and ask dining room staff to bring it to the table at dinner? (as they would your bottle of wine?). Or would you need to haul it to dinner every evening (in your purse?) and then return it to the cabin when you're done? Seems like a lot of troulbe for salad dressing (I would agree that if you can find it in single serving packets that would be ideal!).

And I know you can definitely get the salads 'undressed' as I always order mine with the dressing on the side and it has never been a problem!

I cannot think of one thing that I could not live without for a week if the ship did not have it. I would just make do instead of packing all kinds of stuff.

However, I do think that the best idea, like someone else posted, about getting it in individual size packets.

I think that this is probably such a rare thing that CCL doesn't have a ban on it....yet... and security would let you through - out of sheer amusement if for nothing else.

I could put it next to my power strip and my wifes hair straightener and we'd discover a new item banned. :)

Archived