towel animals

When I saw pictures of towel animals on Cruise Critic I wondered if all shps have them. Of course that would not affect my decision - I already selected a ship - but if several of the mass-market cruise lines do it, what is the chance a luxury line has them too?

The 2 younger kids we were with loved them!:)

That's one of the things they remember and are looking forward to on our upcoming cruise. (them and the ice cream);)

As for me, I like going back to the room after dinner and seeing which ones everyone got that night. If they continue doing them... great. If they stopped... oh well.

YMMV, on Carnival they did a different one for us each night. On princess the steward starting doing it after my daughter asked if they did them, and one started showing up each evening. I guess a skill of all stewards?

When I saw pictures of towel animals on Cruise Critic I wondered if all shps have them. Of course that would not affect my decision - I already selected a ship - but if several of the mass-market cruise lines do it, what is the chance a luxury line has them too?

• 3 weeks later...

I love the towel animals and look forward to them every night on the cruise...and I'm an adult. :D

One of my cruises I was so fascinated by them, I would gently take them apart to see how they did it and jot down instructions so I could go back home to show everyone them. hehe :eek: It's definitely an art.

Just consider them extra towels you can use.

*shudder* No thanks! i do not want to use towels that have been manhandled over and over by someone as they create the towel animals. I can't imagine the skin cells all over them! It's bad enough having the regular towels touched, let alone manhandled towel animals lolol

You don't use the towel animals. It's just something they do and lay on your bed along with a mint when they turn it down. It's just something cute they do. You have regular towels left in the bathrooms just like a hotel.

Once in a while the luxury lines have done this but it depends on the stewardess. We have had this from time to time on our Silversea, Seabourn and Crystal Cruises. Sometimes it was on a special day such as Valentine's Day and other times it was because the individual stewardess wanted to do something special.

But it is not done on a routine basis.

Keith

Archived