Beer on Board?

william bennett

Sometimes there is draft beer available. Something like those mini Heiniken kegs. Beer comes in both bottles and cans but most people drink it in glasses, I think.

Frosted Mugs? :D

I know my favorite, Pilsner Urquell, which is readily available everywhere, is NOT available on SS without a surcharge. I thought that was ridiculous, but I will substitute something else.

Dan

Peroni (both dark and regualr), Corona, Budweiser (the USA "beer", not the real stuff....) were on board the Spirit recently. Maybe Heineken, too, but not sure.

...Budweiser (the USA "beer", not the real stuff....) were on board the Spirit recently.

Ugh - pitiful that the best they could come up with from the USA is Budweiser... I don't consider that beer either!

I know my favorite, Pilsner Urquell, which is readily available everywhere, is NOT available on SS without a surcharge. I thought that was ridiculous, but I will substitute something else.

Dan

I have never seen a beer on Silversea with a surcharge. They either don't have it or it is complementary. Period. There is a wide selction, but since there are well over 1,000 beers made (maybe over 10,000) they obviously don't have everything. Geez.

I have never seen a beer on Silversea with a surcharge. They either don't have it or it is complementary. Period. There is a wide selction, but since there are well over 1,000 beers made (maybe over 10,000) they obviously don't have everything. Geez.

Glad to read your post, Rally. I really like that term "PRICELESS"!!! It fits my needs and interests. I like a little lighter, not dark beer. Not a big Bud guy. Hate it. Too bitter. What are some of the likely options sailing from Copenhagen, up the Norway Coast? Could below be one?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

1A-CPH-Carlsberg.jpg

Carlsaberg is always on board.

As si Heinekin, Bud, Bud Light, various other mainstream American beers, and usually a beer or two from where the ship is sailing. For example, on our recent Alaska cruise there were 4 beers brewed in Alaska.

Anyone know what's on draught on Cloud now?

Anything like a Hefeweissen draught or bottled?

Thanks,

Greg

NO draught beer on Shadow, only bottles and cans.

I just got back from the Cloud. One afternoon the pool bar set up a display of available beers. I recall Pironi, Bass, Guinness (can), Amstel Light, Budweiser, Bud light and a stout with 'Royal' in its name. I wish I could remember its name because both my wife & I really liked it. Confirmed - no draft (or draught) - I asked.

I just got back from the Cloud. One afternoon the pool bar set up a display of available beers. I recall Pironi, Bass, Guinness (can), Amstel Light, Budweiser, Bud light and a stout with 'Royal' in its name. I wish I could remember its name because both my wife & I really liked it. Confirmed - no draft (or draught) - I asked.

THANKS for these various posts and updates! Heinekin can work well. Pilsner Urquell is great from the Czech Republic where they have the highest beer consumption per capita in the world and are known for inventing Pilsner brewing. I'll keep drinking on the ship till I find something that works. Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

I will let you know in a few weeks. We're on the Venice to Athens sailing this coming Saturday and I plan on enjoying the beers lounging at the pool!

Look forward to hearing more. Good luck in Athens with their recent strikes and challenges. En route there and/or in the Plaka, have this beer shown below!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Mythos is the beer to enjoy while dining outdoors in Plaka:

MythosBeer.jpg

Archived