Coco Cay Aqua Park - Is it free?

I was there last week.

It's $15 for 1 hour. Another complete rip off by RCI. I mean honestly, surely they could let kids use it for an hour for free.

I have 4 kids so I'm wondering if it's worth the $ ? Are there any other options or is this the highlight of the day, if this is it I guess we'll sign up but I don't want to find out there is something better to do so any advice would be appreciated. I also heard there is a bbq, is there a charge for this as well ? If so how much ?

I have 4 kids so I'm wondering if it's worth the $ ? Are there any other options or is this the highlight of the day, if this is it I guess we'll sign up but I don't want to find out there is something better to do so any advice would be appreciated. I also heard there is a bbq, is there a charge for this as well ? If so how much ?

No charge for the food.

thanks for the prompt response, do they serve any bar items at the bbq ? How does that work ? I've never been to one of the private islands.

Basically you are on a "deck" of the ship, everything that you pay for on the ship you pay for there, sodas, alcoholic beverages (YUM cocoloco).

The food is included in your cruise fare (no extra charge).

• 2 weeks later...
I have 4 kids so I'm wondering if it's worth the $ ? Are there any other options or is this the highlight of the day, if this is it I guess we'll sign up but I don't want to find out there is something better to do so any advice would be appreciated.

We are back now. Took our 2 grandsons (10 & 12). They started out snorkeling, enjoyed that, then we walked around a little & they saw the water park. They wanted to do it, so we paid $15 each & let them go. They enjoyed it, but after the hour was up they had had enough of the water park. They didn't do the slide.

We had heard about all the flies at the outdoor buffet & had decided ahead of time to go back to the ship for lunch. The boys were fine with that. Lunch in the Windjammer was good, and then the boys wanted to stay onboard and play ping pong & shuffleboard. We ended up staying on the ship the rest of the day.

• 8 years later...
On 5/26/2010 at 7:06 AM, Mark_K said:

I'm not positive, but I think it's actually 50 minutes for $15, the other ten minutes are to get people out and the next group in.

Unless it's sold to capacity beforehand, I'm sure you can get tickets on the ship.

Wow, that's a lot of money. how many attractions / rides can you go on within the 50 minutes?

?

On 5/29/2010 at 10:39 AM, Ocean Boy said:

That is correct. It is a matter of figuring out if certain extra charges bring about short term gains at the expense of long term profits. When people feel like they have received a great value for their money they are likely to be back. When they feel the opposite then the chances of their returning are not so great.

It appears that at least some people see this as sort of a rip off. I don't have strong feelings about it as I have to interest in the park but I do see their point of view. I am curious, how would you feel about a charge form the H2O zone on the Freedom class ships?

Yeap, and as long as RCI ships sail pretty much full, it is saying that people like what they are doing.

If you don't like their model, then don't sail on their ships.  Personally, I would rather have a lower cruise fare and pay for those things that I want.

And even if everyone who complained about any single item here on CC left RCI, they would still keep on going with all the other people.

3 hours ago, SRF said:

Yeap, and as long as RCI ships sail pretty much full, it is saying that people like what they are doing.

If you don't like their model, then don't sail on their ships.  Personally, I would rather have a lower cruise fare and pay for those things that I want.

And even if everyone who complained about any single item here on CC left RCI, they would still keep on going with all the other people.

You can think that extra charges keep your cruise fare down if you want. However, they will maximize fare to their sweet spot no matter how many extra charges they can invent.

Thanks for quoting me as it was hard to remember what I wrote eight years ago. And I am still sailing with RCI at that.

6 hours ago, SRF said:

I'm Just curious. This thread is 8 years old. Have the fares remained low since they have been charging for the water park plus all of the other up-charges.