1. 1. Favorite Shipboard Activity

• Shows
    • Games/ Contests
    • Nightlife- dancing etc
    • Dining
    • Gambling
    • Other

• 2 months later...

I love Sailaway! Also, sipping rum drinks by the pool, or looking at the ocean, thinking I'm but a speck in the Universe. Listening to calypso music, feeling the warm breeze. Dressing up for dinner and being treated with such respect by the waitstaff, enjoying fabulous food. Coming back to the ship and relaxing with a drink and a slice of the pizza of the day by the pool. The romance of being at sea. It's magic.

I voted for "other"... here's some of the my favorites:

• Watching the ocean
  • The art auctions
  • SPA
  • sunbathing and reading by the quieter pools
  • Getting dressed up for formal nights
  • Taking walks on deck7
  • Eating oranges or chocolate while watching MUTS
  • Watching my DS having a good time
  • napping
  • afternoon tea

My favorite activity during the day was sports. That was on Voyager of the Seas. Since Princess has a piss poor sports deck, I will have to say hanging out at the pool during the day drinking, eating, and playing pool games. them skywalkers at night. The shows were way to packed and not that good for us to even try them on Princess.

Swimming in the pool - Before the annoying children start running on the deck and doing cannon balls

Eating at the Horizon buffet - Before the lady with two crying kids and no manners demonstrates that you effectively train children by yelling the same thing at them over and over again.

Soaking in the hot tub - before the grandma brings the 9 month old wonder child into the water with the suspiciously loaded diaper

Reading in the library - before the three pre-teen boys come in to play very loud games then just generally run amuck.

some people look at the glass have empty, some look at it half full, I just see the water is in the wrong size of container.

This really is in fun,,, I love cruising even with some of the negatives.

Just wondering what will be the 'hot spots' on my first Princess cruise.

I find sitting on your balcony or by the Terrace Pool to be the most relaxing. Clubs, lounges, and shows are fun, but relaxation is my game! No phones, no work, just peace, beauty and relaxation!

I voted for "other"... here's some of the my favorites:

• Watching the ocean
  • The art auctions
  • SPA
  • sunbathing and reading by the quieter pools
  • Getting dressed up for formal nights
  • Taking walks on deck7
  • Eating oranges or chocolate while watching MUTS
  • Watching my DS having a good time
  • napping
  • afternoon tea

sounds exactly like my favorite things....especially the SPA.

I love getting a manicure and pedicure while watching the ocean....nothing like it!

i would have to say my favorite is the eating!!! i pretty much starve myself and work out all year, i really let go and enjoy a plateful of food!

Besides that i love just to lay by the pool w/ a Chocolate Banana ( another Princess fav!! ) with my hubby

Let's see now...Eating, Drinking and I can't mention the other thing because they would probably shut this thread down. So that would be Eating, Drinking and "The Other Thing". Now let me see...I suppose that would really be Drinking, "The Other Thing" and then eating...NO...that's not quite right...It would be Drinkiing, "The Other Thing and then Eating. Now come to think of it..."The Other Thing, Eating and then Drinking. AHHHHH....here it is!!!!

EATING/DRINKING/"THE OTHER THING"...Not necessarily in that order!!! RIGHT!!!

ROSS

Looking at the stars. Without the city lights and smog and stuff.

Watching the rain thinking what a waste; rain falling in the ocean.

Derf - where do you get to enjoy the stars? One major complaint I would have about trying to star watch is that the upper deck is so bright that the stars arent's as bright as if you were in the country. I love watching the stars and listening to the ocean but just too much light pollution to fully enjoy it.

there are a lot of answers from people i didn't anticipate...the food, the entertainment, etc.

those are so far down on our list. interesting to see how people really personalize this type of journey for themselves.

princess marketers should pick up on this...

RCI has that too-oft-repeated ad about how their cruises are adventures. well, yah, for some. others totally veg out. and again, that's the beauty.

Derf - where do you get to enjoy the stars? One major complaint I would have about trying to star watch is that the upper deck is so bright that the stars arent's as bright as if you were in the country. I love watching the stars and listening to the ocean but just too much light pollution to fully enjoy it.

I live in the suburbs so there is a lot of light pollution. Just watch from my balcony.

Also saw rainbows from end to end.

Archived