FAQ says no non-alcoholic bevs to be brought on board

They hire Vacation Planners who turn out to be burglars & yet are searching the passengers for "contraband?" I hope they get their priorities straightened out before Oct!

Very interesting observation.:p

Hi:

I saw mouthwash mentioned in one or more posts in this thread. Can you imagine a ship of 2 or 3 thousand people who don't have mouthwash?

Man, we'll ALL be booking rooms with balconies for fresh air if that happens!

Richard.

Good one! Maybe that's their ploy....;)

We sailed on May 21st. I filled a small backpack with Zephyrhills water because I am a little paranoid about not having my bottled water. The backpack had my husband's nametag on it. The rest of our luggage arrived and my daughter and I joked about my husband being called because of his water smuggling. A few minutes later our water did arrive. I now realize that the drinking water on the ship was fine, great even. I know many of you told me that before so next time I can leave my backpack full of 10 lbs of water home. :)

This issue of people bringing on their own drinks because they don't want to pay the price that the ship charges has been discussed endlessly on this board. There are always people who maintain that the cruise line is gouging them for their drinks(alcoholic or non-alcoholic) and that they will do whatever it takes to bring (or smuggle) their own on board.

There are several cruise lines that include soft drinks, wine, bottled water, etc....but YOU PAY IN THE COST OF THE CRUISE! I personally LOVE the idea that I can buy my cruise without the cost of those drinks figured in; I can cruise more often at the base price that I pay for an RCI cruise. It is common knowledge that mass market cruise ships basically break even on cabin costs, and make their profits with all the add-ons...beverages, photos, shore excursions, and other pay-as-you-go items.

I will continue to cruise RCI and I will very willingly pay for any of these extras that I decide I want. I wouldn't presume to take my own drinks on the cruise any more than I would walk into a restaurant with my own.

Just my personal feelings...

Barb

This issue of people bringing on their own drinks because they don't want to pay the price that the ship charges has been discussed endlessly on this board. There are always people who maintain that the cruise line is gouging them for their drinks(alcoholic or non-alcoholic) and that they will do whatever it takes to bring (or smuggle) their own on board.

There are several cruise lines that include soft drinks, wine, bottled water, etc....but YOU PAY IN THE COST OF THE CRUISE! I personally LOVE the idea that I can buy my cruise without the cost of those drinks figured in; I can cruise more often at the base price that I pay for an RCI cruise. It is common knowledge that mass market cruise ships basically break even on cabin costs, and make their profits with all the add-ons...beverages, photos, shore excursions, and other pay-as-you-go items.

I will continue to cruise RCI and I will very willingly pay for any of these extras that I decide I want. I wouldn't presume to take my own drinks on the cruise any more than I would walk into a restaurant with my own.

Just my personal feelings...

Barb

Nicely said!

Archived