FOS Room overlooking the Promenade

I just put a courtesy hold on a room that overlooks the promenade on deck 6 on FOS. will it be noisy? would it be better if it were on deck 8 or would it be just as noisy? sorry if this has been ask a hundred times but i haven't been many RCI cruises and never on a ship this large. any advise would be greatly appreciated.:)

Hi!

I was in 6629 & it wasn't noisy. I was hardly in the cabin though with all the activities going on!! :D I'm not sure about deck 8, is the cabin under anything like a dining room or pool 'cause then it could be noisy.

I loved the Freedom so much last Nov. I'm taking the other route this year

~Jo~ :)!

We were in adjoining promenade staterooms in March. Our room was right above a bar which had a singer that would start singing at 11:00 every night and go until after 1:00. It was very loud. I still sing Sweet Caroline everytime I think about it. We loved the promenade view though and we are booking another one for Jan but on Deck 8.

Just wanted to say that the Promenade cabins are great, especially for the money. :) They are more affordable than balcony staterooms (although I prefer a balcony) and are more open than insides. I'd say go for it!!! A couple tips - avoid the cabins right above the Pub and avoid adjoining cabins, unless a member of your party is in one. I have pictures of our Promenade cabins in my Freedom review located in my signature. Feel free to check it out. :)

Just wanted to say that the Promenade cabins are great, especially for the money. :) They are more affordable than balcony staterooms (although I prefer a balcony) and are more open than insides. I'd say go for it!!! A couple tips - avoid the cabins right above the Pub and avoid adjoining cabins, unless a member of your party is in one. I have pictures of our Promenade cabins in my Freedom review located in my signature. Feel free to check it out. :)
thanks, i'll check it out.:)

If you are looking to book one on deck six check out 6305 the ben and jerrys sweet! We are in it in January! I have heard from some that it is noisy and some that it isn't. You can always bring earplugs incase!

I hear that the 7th floor is the best, not to high, not to low.

We stayed on 7th floor last year on Mariner, along with a few family members.. we liked it so much, we're on the same floor this year AND getting the same rooms, along with a few more! Great views, not loud...

Keep drapes open if you want light, keep closed if you want to get your groove on.

I just put a courtesy hold on a room that overlooks the promenade on deck 6 on FOS. will it be noisy? would it be better if it were on deck 8 or would it be just as noisy? sorry if this has been ask a hundred times but i haven't been many RCI cruises and never on a ship this large. any advise would be greatly appreciated.:)
put a deposit on a promenade room on deck 7. decided to get between to decks of cabins. thanks for all of the advise. now we just have to wait.....:o

We stayed in Cabin 7583 on FOS and it was extremely loud during all performances & parades. You could also hear all of the announcements for bingo, etc. Additionally, it was next to a service area so from 4:00 am - 9:00 am the door would start banging loudly as all of the cabin attendants would start to get their carts, ice buckets, etc.

Other than that our cabin was great.

Hi!

We just got back today :( Miss FOS already! We had adjoining Promenade cabins 7595 & 7 and loved it! You could hear the parades but they never last long and that was all we could hear. Loved the view! Would definitely book them again! Have fun!

Michelle

Archived