Packing question - carry on bags

Set Free

I'm packing for our cruise tomorrow and had a question: How many carry-ons can you take? I think I will have a small rolling suitcase and a carry on bag on top of that. Is that too much? Do I need to put the luggage tags on the carry on too? I know my hubby will have his briefcase and I think the two kids will each pack their backpacks but the things in the two carry-ons for me are needed for us.

Thanks!

You'll be fine. It is more a matter of having to drag them around with you until your room is ready than an actual limit imposed by the cruise lines.

Have a wonderful trip!

OK Cool! I can just connect the carry-on to the handle of the rolling case so dragging it around isn't too terrible. Besides, it will be around 2 by the time we get on the ship so I'd guess we'd be close to when we can get into our room, right?

If you're not getting on until 2 your cabins should be ready by then so you can take them up and drop them off and then proceed to explore or check out the ship. I put a luggage tag on everything whether I'm carrying it or not because I have had to put it down to open something or get something out and hope that if I forget it that it might make it's way to me somehow by having ID on it.

If you're not getting on until 2 your cabins should be ready by then so you can take them up and drop them off and then proceed to explore or check out the ship. I put a luggage tag on everything whether I'm carrying it or not because I have had to put it down to open something or get something out and hope that if I forget it that it might make it's way to me somehow by having ID on it.

Good call. Thanks!

Does HAL let you leave early "walk off" if you carry off your bags as Princess does?

Not sure of the answer to that since this will be our first cruise but I just have to say - who is that horse in your siggy? :) I ride so that's why I ask.

Donder was my 38 year old quarter horse who lived a wonderful life. When we were younger, we evented and had wonderful times together. I had him from his age of six. Sadly, we put him down last spring when he colicked. He is sadly missed. Maggie

Donder was my 38 year old quarter horse who lived a wonderful life. When we were younger, we evented and had wonderful times together. I had him from his age of six. Sadly, we put him down last spring when he colicked. He is sadly missed. Maggie

I'm so sorry. These creatures certainly work their way into your heart, don't they? I've never owned a horse but I have a dear friend with two horses - one I started riding over 25 years ago and who my daughter now rides (he's 31 this year) and a younger guy who I've been riding for 5 years now. They are like my own (I ride a few times a week and am the younger horse's only rider and I do their care regularly - stalls, feeding, etc.) and I can't imagine life without them. I see our old guy getting older and frail-er (he's almost fully deaf and blind at this point) and it breaks my heart to think of him passing.

Last cruise after boarding we went to eat lunch in the Lido and were behind a couple with large wheeled carry-ons and bags over their shoulders. They were apparently upset about needing to handle carry-ons while waiting for their cabin (just a guess that they were also angered when said carry-ons did not fit in airplane overheads). Kind of a crabby way to begin a cruise.

Somewhere that HAL offers a place to leave carry ons to those who board before the staterooms are ready?

Am I imagining this? I thought this was another one of those HAL perks/differences I keep reading about on these boards?

You don't need luggage tags on things YOU'LL be carrying...only for the things the porters will be delivering to you.

It is always a good idea to tag your carry ons in the event you should become separated from your bags in the terminal. HAL will know where to deliver them.

Somewhere that HAL offers a place to leave carry ons to those who board before the staterooms are ready?

Yes, most of the time they do. I have boarded a couple of times when there was no storage available. One of those times they let me put my carry-on in my cabin closet. The other time I was with a large group of friends, so we just watched each others' things.

Archived