Do they service lobster.....

SoonerOne

on the Lido deck at the buffets at night on Carnival? I love having dinner in the MDR, but DH does not. He hates sitting waiting on all the courses and does not like the assigned dinner times. One's too early and the other ones too late. I know we could choose the anytime dining which I did for our next cruise, but he still refuses to go back to the MDR. SO.....do we know if they ever serve lobster at the buffet? I love lobster and never get it at home, DH is not a seafood person, mostly meat and potatoes....Does anyone know?

No lobster tail in the buffet.... if you want it, you have to "pay your dues" and go to the dining room!

Most grocery stores sell lobster tail...they're VERY easy to prepare! Just buy some and cook it! Melt some butter...ummmmm!

• 2 months later...

You can buy lobster at almost any grocery store...it's quite easy to fix....take it out of the shelll (while raw) and put it on a baking sheet (cookie sheet)...broil or bake on very HIGH heat until opaque. Shellfish doesn't require alot of cooking! Dip in melted butter...yum!

Had to show this OP to my DW so she would appreciate me more (I will go to the MDR lol). Actually my wife also has her rules (and she rules). After more then 700 days on cruise ships we have never eaten a dinner buffet. As to the MDRs on ships, over the years we have made many great friends at the dinner tables. When you get a good table it becomes the social event of the day.

Hank

LOL servicing a lobster. I think that since you cruise as a couple your DH could at least one night put up with the shenigans of having to dine in the MDR. You seem willing to dine at the buffet, and have to wait on yourself the rest of the time, seems a fair trade off. Good luck! No lobster on the buffet.

On our cruise this past February on the Emerald Princess, there were lobster claws on the buffet the same night as lobster tails in the dining room.... not quite the same but still enjoyable!!

Wow- I would have loved that. Claws are the best part :D I'd take those over the tail any day.

• 2 weeks later...
Had to show this OP to my DW so she would appreciate me more (I will go to the MDR lol). Actually my wife also has her rules (and she rules). After more then 700 days on cruise ships we have never eaten a dinner buffet. As to the MDRs on ships, over the years we have made many great friends at the dinner tables. When you get a good table it becomes the social event of the day.

Hank

Completely agree, and I have only spent 7 days at sea so far! :rolleyes: Plus, buffets are gross.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived