Show us your favorite beaches!!!

Here's my fave beach! It's in Belize (where I live:D). It's a little strip of land in the middle of the sea, you can only get there by boat. Sadly (and strangely), it's only appears for a few months out of the year and then it disappears again.:confused: The rest of the time, the water is still only knee deep and we still go there on weekends.:cool:

DSC03186Large.jpgDSC03179Large.jpg

The photo was taken in Ormond by the Sea and the spot is about 25 miles north of Daytona Beach, FL.

Of course, that is my ex-Corvette in the photo but of real interest is the Tower. It is a reconstruction but since I was a little kid I can remember that tower being there. In the old days you could climb it.

It is/was a WW-II Submarine Watch Tower. They used to be all along the East Coast of the southern USA. They were manned (womaned) 24/7 by volunteer coast watchers and were connected by telephone so they could report sighting of German Subs.

IMGP1735.jpg

These two photos of my ex-Corvette were taken in Ponce Inlet, FL, about 45 miles south of the photo above. Great Beach, Great Car.

IMGP4397_819x614.jpg

IMGP4396_819x614.jpg

Yes it is true! I like the Daytona Beach Area! I came here for family vacations every year as a small child. My Parents are from the Daytona Beach Area.

Most of you have heard of NASCAR and the Daytona International Speedway but did you know that before the speedway was built, NASCAR racing started on the beach south of Daytona Beach in the area that is now the City of Ponce Inlet.

The cars raced north on the beach and south on the two lane Route A-1-A.

I am in a historic mood tonight...

These photos are probably from the 50's...

NASCAR.jpg

NASCAR001.jpg

NASCAR005.jpg

NASCAR004.jpg

NASCAR003.jpg

33oqg01.jpg

Sunset at Cape San Blas southeast of Destin. The sand you mentioned is made of Quartz crystal that washes down from the mountains and the ocean turns it into white baby powder. It sqrunches under your toes

690scn.jpg

Mullet Bay Beach in St. Maarten

2iicpvt.jpg

Happy Bay in St Maarten

2ufepo9.jpg

Caneel Bay St Johns

I don't know how to post pictures, but I too love Mullet Bay St. Martin and of course, Trunk Bay, St. John. I hope someone will post a picture of my other favorite, Secret Harbor on St. Thomas. It is truly a picture postcard beach!

I have been to Bondi Beach but not when it was this busy. :eek:This was taken by my daughter on her first Christmas Day in Sydney Australia which is the height of their summer.

When we visited we were there on a winter day sunny and warm and only a handful of people. That is the second photo and one I took.

a summer's day at Bondi Beach Sydney Australia

280135344_03cd356643_b.jpg

A winter's day at Bondi Beach

2863257800092706180S600x600Q85.jpg

There are a lot of lovely beaches out there for sure...one of my favourities was this one in St Lucia...not absolutely sure of the name (it might be Jalousie?) but it is in view of the Grand Pitons and just a lovely place to spend an afternoon

stluciashoreforposting.jpg

stluciabeachforposting.jpg

Archived