On Constellation in Copenhagen

judyfssw

Hi, Just thought I would give you all some info.

Noro still evident. Makes the crew real busy passing out things.

This cruise has been cool and a couple of rainy days. Best day was in Tallinn:D

The accessible sky suite is great as is our butler. Much smaller balcony than the accessible CC aft room.

Food quality is still not what it used to be. But, Ocean Liners is wonderful!!! and the quality is great there.

Had my wallet taken today in Copenhagen at the shops across the street from where we're docked ---- not happy:mad:

Hi, Just thought I would give you all some info.

Noro still evident. Makes the crew real busy passing out things.

This cruise has been cool and a couple of rainy days. Best day was in Tallinn:D

The accessible sky suite is great as is our butler. Much smaller balcony than the accessible CC aft room.

Food quality is still not what it used to be. But, Ocean Liners is wonderful!!! and the quality is great there.

Had my wallet taken today in Copenhagen at the shops across the street from where we're docked ---- not happy:mad:

Hi Judy:)....wow..so sorry about your wallet:(...hope you are ok.

I hope you had other ID with you outside of that wallet:eek:

So sorry about your wallet, Judy. That would ruin my day too. I hope you didn't have too many ID cards etc in it. I always take most of my ID cards out of my wallet before traveling because I've had mine taken too and it is such a bother replacing all the cards.

Hi Judy ~ SO sorry to hear about your wallet! How did it happen?? We sail on the Constellation July 3rd so any advice you can give us will be more than welcome!!

And how bad is the noro??? It's been so "quiet" on CC from your cruise that we were hoping it was over - I guess not - fill us in - please!!!

Hi All,

I really don't think it's all that bad (noro virus) because they really cleaned the ship before we were able to get on. They delayed embarkation until 4:00 on the 9th. As a matter of fact, our waiter one day said that if no noro in 48 hours we would go back to normal. Then I heard that some people came down with it from Helsinki. Only the officers know for sure.

As for my wallet, I cancelled one of my ATM cards and one credit card. And, I have to get a new driver's license. Another woman had her wallet stolen in the city and all of her credit cards had to be cancelled. Now, that would be a real mess.

I would recommend that you only take one cc with you and unless you want to get money, no ATM cards or driver's license. And, I would carry money in a separate little purse or whatever you use. My cc and ATM card has not been accessed which would leave me to believe that the thief only wanted my money. Concierge helped me cancel everything

This has been a great cruise. I sure hope you enjoy your cruise.

Tonight's our last night and I've been packing on and off today. Then, home tomorrow.

BTW, you change times twice after getting to Amsterdam. Have fun

Judy your are the ultimate trooper! Noro precautions on the ship and wallet stolen in Copenhagen, but still enjoying your cruise. I read online that it is Gypsies in Copenhagen that are the main pick pocketing problem. Hopefully things won't be to difficult to replace. Just a good reminder to all of us not to let our guard down when traveling in any major city. I guess pick pockets are everywhere.

I once left my purse behind in the airport in Hong Kong on the way to the Phillipeans. I had my pass port with me so our travel wasn't interrupted, but my husband had to get all his cards out, call the international numbers and get replacement cards sent to us. When we returned back to Hong Kong, we went to the police station and they had my purse, wallet and nothing was missing, so I was lucky that I didn't have to replace my drivers license and a few other cards.

The baltic cruise sounds wonderful. We would love to do that with the kids some day.

Sorry about your wallet being lifted, Judy. Every time I get out of Paris, London, Madrid, Barcelona, or Rome with all my belongings I think I have accomplished something.

I take an expired driver's license with me since I don't plan on driving and it has worked for a photo ID. An expired passport works, too.

Tucker in Texas

Hi July ~ Formal Nights - how dressy is "pretty dressy"??? I'm starting to get worried but still don't want to over-pack because of the airline regulations! Did many women wear black pants and fancy tops?????

Thanks SO much for your help and advice - hope everyone is careful of their money/documents! Your advice about not carrying too many cards/IDs is very good. Coming from NYC we're just naturally over-careful but my DH almost victim in Barcelona! We didn't let it ruin our vacation and I'm happy you're not also - just know I'm sure your experience will save many from the same!!

Hi,

Sorry that I haven't responded sooner but anemia/jet lag finally caught up with me. I should not have taken my driver's license but I wasn't sure if I would be driving to Chicago from my daughter's house and then forgot about it. Even so, I should have locked it in the safe. Why did I need it anyway? Had to take my passport off the ship at each port and that would have been enough! I was not smart!

Never got up to the jogging track and my bil, did twice but said that it was so cold and windy stopped after the second time

Slacks and fancy tops are just fine.

Rodney was our butler and he was just wonderful. Anyone who gets him is very lucky.

Hi,

Sorry that I haven't responded sooner but anemia/jet lag finally caught up with me. I should not have taken my driver's license but I wasn't sure if I would be driving to Chicago from my daughter's house and then forgot about it. Even so, I should have locked it in the safe. Why did I need it anyway? Had to take my passport off the ship at each port and that would have been enough! I was not smart!

Never got up to the jogging track and my bil, did twice but said that it was so cold and windy stopped after the second time

Slacks and fancy tops are just fine.

Rodney was our butler and he was just wonderful. Anyone who gets him is very lucky.

Welcome home Judy. So sorry to read about your troubles....

Were you in an odd or even cabin?

Were you on the PH deck?

Did you get a glimpse at the PH suite?

I'm in the PH in Nov, and was looking for some post-refurb photos. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheryl....:p

Hi Cheryl

Whats the difference then is 'ODD' lol better than even?

Sam

Hey S & H....

It may have something to do with the location of the smoking area. I didn't get that expansive verandah to have to endure smoke for 14 days....

My brother and his wife may not be able to join us on the cruise, and I may end up letting one of the PHs go; I want to let the CORRECT one go....

Cheryl;)

We were in an "odd numbered"sky suite on deck 8. My sister and her husband were in an even numberef CC next to the PH suite and i think that they had the better side of the ship. They had the better sites. If you have to let go of one room, let go of the odd numbered one.

Just my opinion

Archived