Soda Package question.

miss-heli

The soda card is, I believe, $4.95 per day plus gratuity of 15% for one person. this is for fountain soda only. No cans or bottles. It is a little sticker that is affixed to your cruise card. You also get a special thermos type cup. You just show your card when ordering.

Yes. You can buy the soda package for just one person. When you board the ship, they will have stations set up everywhere to sell the package to you. You can get the sticker before you get to your room, or you can head up to the buffet and get it there.

I thought that I had heard that cans of root beer were included with the soda card. Has anyone else heard of that?? I believe that I heard that you have to ask for them.

Root Beer is included under the Ultimate card which includes the smoothies, mocktails, milkshakes/malts, and juices. Not sure why Princess considers it seperate from every other soda unless it's not available via the fountain?

I thought that I had heard that cans of root beer were included with the soda card. Has anyone else heard of that?? I believe that I heard that you have to ask for them.

I always get the soda sticker, but I never heard about getting rootbeer. I know you can get that with the Ultimate Drink sticker, but I really don't think it comes with the soda sticker. That only covers the sodas that come out of the soda guns at the bars (no cans). If I'm wrong, someone let me know, as the root beer might be of interest some time.

Does the ultimate drink package include soda too?? Anyone know the current cost for this package? Thanks for your help!

Yes, fountain sodas are included. The Ultimate Card is $9 per day, times the number of days of your cruise, with an added 15% gratuity added onto that price.

We will be sailing on the Grand this Summer and are considering buying the soda package for my Son.

My younger son would not use one so can we buy a package for just 1 person in the cabin?

The soda "package" is a sticker that goes on the cruise card of the person for whom you purchased it. Doesn't matter which cabin the person is. :) It's not transferrable, FYI.

• 3 weeks later...

How much is a soda if you just buy it separately? And how does the gratuity work with the soda card-- you are charged 15% separately for each soda?

Thanks!

OK, thanks!

So for a 7-night cruise, that'd make the soda card $4.25/day plus 15%= $4.89/day x 7= $34.23 total; versus $1.95 plus 15% tip per soda = $2.24 per soda; so if my math is right, the soda card is worthwhile if you plan to drink more than two sodas a day! Sound right?

With the soda card it is from the soda gun from the bar. Ask for a large glass as they fill up with a lot of ice. The soda you pay $1.95 + 15% is for a can. The soda card is good if you drink a few sodas a day.

Root Beer is included under the Ultimate card which includes the smoothies, mocktails, milkshakes/malts, and juices. Not sure why Princess considers it seperate from every other soda unless it's not available via the fountain?

Can I trouble you for info on how much single smoothises, mocktails, etc cost? We don't drink soda at all, but have a weakness for smoothies....:)

We just returned and we bought 5 soda cards and it was well worth the money. Also if you drink the soda in the cabin's fridge you will be charged $ 2.25 per can. My daughter received the cafe card. She loved it. She still had punches left on her card and she plans to use it on the next cruise. It has no experation date.( excuse spelling).

Can I trouble you for info on how much single smoothises, mocktails, etc cost? We don't drink soda at all, but have a weakness for smoothies....:)

I haven't been on a Princess ship yet as my cruise isn't until August but I did some searches and found a scan of a bar menu from the Star Princess that lists smoothie style drinks at $3.25 each.

Archived