Poll: FLORIDA RESIDENTS FOR 3 and 4 DAY Princess Cruises.

maxxedout2

Poll: FLORIDA RESIDENTS FOR 3 and 4 DAY Princess Cruises  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: FLORIDA RESIDENTS FOR 3 and 4 DAY Princess Cruises

• Yes, we would enjoy 3 or 4 day cruises out of Ft Lauderdale. Sign me up.
    • Maybe try it sometime if available. Just to get away for a few days.
    • Not a FL resident but would like to book a 3 or 4 day cruise.
    • Yup, we do short cruises now ... Don't care which island paradise.

I don't understand the poll since basically you can only answer yes in four different ways.:confused:

That said, I'm not interested in any cruise under 7 days.

It's called a "push poll".

I don't understand the poll since basically you can only answer yes in four different ways.:confused:

That said, I'm not interested in any cruise under 7 days.

I also noticed that the choices were stacked for YES

I don't think you will see Princess do regular 3 or 4 day cruises.

What about a "NO" option on the poll?

I was looking for the "no" option as well, even if I lived in Florida. It's a 7 day minimum for me.

Not interested. I am already hesitant to spend airfare for just a 7 night cruise. Airfare is very pricey right now for some of us in the midwest. The air would be twice the amount of the cruise.

Don't live in FL yet (snowbird status possible in the future), but I would interested in doing a B2B putting a 7 day with a 3-4 day. That would be a nice length. Since I have to fly there, doing just a short cruise isn't worth it, but making it a 10 or 11 day would be great. How about it, Princess? :)

The 'poll' is flawed, sure, but it got some interesting

replies. Thanks.:)

I learned a few things. Ummm, things, I guess, Princess

already knew. That is to say there's not an overwhelming

demand for short cruises. :)

We (DH/DW) don't have a lot of 'cruise' time but I, DH, have been

on/under the water many years and know a quality ship when one goes

by/over. Princess has that 'class and quality' about it.

We enjoyed Princess and will probably take one 7-day Xmas trip a year

with them.

Yet short vacations are easier to arrange for us. So we'll see what Carnival

is all about...for the short 4-day Beer Drinking, Water Slidin', Rock Wall Climbin'

Fajita Breaks in Cozumel.

Good point about Princess perks...Elite etc. Short trips would

upset the mango cart and drive away the 'loyals'. If that happens

Princess would have to compete with Carnival.

Princess competing with Carnival....OMG..I can foresee it now.

Florescent-lighted twin water slides snaking around the MUTS

screen and delivering its youthful screaming riders

to the kids pool (every 30 seconds). Jeeez...Fireworks and Bathrobe Conga

lines everywhere. Oh no ..... no carry-on wine!:eek:

Nnaaaah..Forget it. Y'all are, of course, right.

Princess knows how to sail an ocean.

The Poll Upshot: Princess, if you are listening, disregard this poll and

don't even think about offering 3 or 4 day cruises! Ever.

Maxx out.

:cool::cool:

It seems like the ships that do 3-4 day itineraries seem to have so much more wear and tear on them and seem more "run down" compared to ships that do longer itineraries. Not sure why.....

Somewhat off topic...but somebody made a crack about the MUTS.

I think it's a nice feature...and enjoyed some of the "live" concert music during the day. But I did get a kick out of watching a bunch of grown ups sitting in the pool (and on deck) almost frozen at attention watching The Chipmunks Squeakquel on the Emerald. It was actually pretty funny to see that on a high class ship. Nothing but the best entertainment. :D

Not for me; I don't feel it's worth packing for anything less then a 7 day cruise, and definitely prefer a minimum of 10 day cruises.

I agree. The stress put into getting ready for a cruise is not altered by length of cruise so why not just go on a 7 day. Yes the price fluctuates but by how much really? Princess loves money to much and would not risk cutting one of their ships down to strictly 3/4 days cruises froma week long when it is obviously doing very well. You want a short cruis, go on Imperial Majesty lol jk. But no, really Carnival is a good short cruise line I guess.

Not interested. I am already hesitant to spend airfare for just a 7 night cruise. Airfare is very pricey right now for some of us in the midwest. The air would be twice the amount of the cruise.
Same here for us in Texas. Air fare is so expensive and air travel so uncomfortable that we tend to choose longer than 7 day cruises rather than shorter.

The first and last day of the cruise are partly consumed by unpacking and packing anyhow, so why go through all the effort for 2 days of relaxation?

Yeah, it's a goal for some people. You'd be surprised. Technically, if Princess had a lot of 3- and 4-day cruises, you'd see far more Platinum and Elite as technically, someone could qualify with just 15 or 45 days, i.e., 5 or 15 3-day cruises. This would really cheapen the perks for the people who have truly earned Platinum and Elite. :( I didn't reach Elite until about 175 days and that was only after Princess changed the criteria from just the number of cruises to include the # of days sailed. If they hadn't, I probably wouldn't have reached Elite until well over 200 days as I had only 12 completed cruises when they changed the rules.

What makes someone "truly earn" Elite???? Maybe YOUR idea of earning something changed along with the rules when you had 175 days as I'm sure some other Elite at that time didn't think you "earned" your status then either. Bottom line is whatever status you are given for whatever amount of cruises/days you've sailed is "earned" in the eyes of the cruise line and what a bunch of cruise snobs on cruise critic think is irrelavent.

A 3-4 day cruise has too many kids and other assorted low-lifes.

I don't know about low-lifes, but a short cruise does attract a different audience. We took a 2 day cruise on the Dawn Princess a couple of years ago to Ensenada roundtrip from San Diego and it was certainly a different crowd than we've ever encountered on a Princess ship. It was fun, but it was definitely a "party" cruise.

What makes someone "truly earn" Elite???? Maybe YOUR idea of earning something changed along with the rules when you had 175 days as I'm sure some other Elite at that time didn't think you "earned" your status then either. Bottom line is whatever status you are given for whatever amount of cruises/days you've sailed is "earned" in the eyes of the cruise line and what a bunch of cruise snobs on cruise critic think is irrelavent.
Sorry if I sounded snobbish but I feel I really earned my Elite status as many of my cruises were 14+ days and I cruised as a single so I paid 2x as much as others. I still think that it's unfair that those who live in the Pacific Northwest have the opportunity to sail the short cruises and gain perks long before anyone else in the country. I know, I know... life is unfair but I can still crab about it.

I'm not sure about the short Princess cruises but the ones run by other cruise lines are very profitable. They get new customers every 3 or 4 days ready to spend money (fresh pockets) & have a relatively short time to do it. They are party hard people looking for max fun quickly. Definitely a different breed.

Princess competing with Carnival....OMG..I can foresee it now.

Florescent-lighted twin water slides snaking around the MUTS

screen and delivering its youthful screaming riders

to the kids pool (every 30 seconds). Jeeez...Fireworks and Bathrobe Conga

lines everywhere. Oh no ..... no carry-on wine!:eek:

Don't give them any ideas! ;)

Well folks, some of us Florida residents like to jump on a shorter getaway once in a while.

It's not a financial problem for me going on a long cruise, it's more getting the time off from work and my busy schedule. My job might have a real hard time giving me 10 days off; but won't be as hard getting 3-5 days off once in a while.

So, being a FL resident it makes a lot of sense for me to add 3-5 nighters; why not? other cruise lines offer it!

I went on the 3 nighter Ruby, and I'm already booked on the 5 nighter Crown.

I've had to jump cruiselines once in a while because Princess doesn't offer short getaways from FL.

YES, WE WOULD LOVE SHORTER CRUISES PRINCESS!!! ANY FL RESIDENT WOULD! JUST DRIVE TO PORT AND BE GONE FOR THE WEEKEND.... WHO WOULDN'T???

A 3-4 day cruise has too many kids and other assorted low-lifes.

Children are low-lifes?

So...I'm assuming that you were genetically engineered as an adult and never started out in the "low life" category? That's quite the trick.

Archived