Vancouver airport to Princess pier transportation

luv2scrapdeb

I'm confused about getting from the airport to the pier. I read some places that there is a motorcoach that will have personnel dressed in navy right outside the customs door to direct us to a motorcoach that will take us to the ship. Then other places I have read that I need to purchase transportation however I can't find where to do that. Thank you.

If you wish to take the Princess transfer, you can purchase this ahead of time - call Princess if you booked through them or your TA if you used an agent. You can also purchase the transfer once you arrive at the airport - there will be Princess reps waiting just outside the doors after you clear Canadian customs. If you tag you bags with Princess luggage tags ahead of time, they will be transferred directly to the ship and you will not need to collect them. If they are not tagged, you will have to pick them up. Obviously, I am assuming you are flying in same day as the cruise...if not, transfers are only good if you have a pre-cruise hotel package.

You have a few options, as mentioned the cruiseline will have a bus transfer. Usually the most costly option, but direct. There is a light rail- cheap. :) And taxi. I have heard of independent shuttle operators as well.

I'm confused about getting from the airport to the pier. I read some places that there is a motorcoach that will have personnel dressed in navy right outside the customs door to direct us to a motorcoach that will take us to the ship. Then other places I have read that I need to purchase transportation however I can't find where to do that. Thank you.

Yes, most cruiselines will offer a transfer, for a fee.

The other option ($8.75/ea) is the new Skytrain system, which runs from the airport to Waterfront Station (3 blocks from Canada Place). It's cheaper and faster than driving/coach

The cruise line you are booked with will be able to give you rates for the hotels they offer and for the number of nights that you want.

The cruise lines charge PER PERSON for the hotel packages check the fine print in their brochure. You might want your Travel Agent (if you are using one) look into getting you a hotel or book a hotel yourself.

You will be cheaper to book your own hotel than use the cruise rate usually...

A cab from the airport to any of our downtown hotels will run you around $40. and they take credit cards. There is also a downtown bus transfer service that connects the airport to most major hotels in the downtown core...not sure of the price.

If you are flying in the day of your cruise a cab to the dock is about $40.

A few years ago, I had a hotel booked through Priceline in Vancouver. I bought at the airport (along the wall after the baggage area) return tickets (I think $17/pp) a bus shuttle that went to different hotels. It had a couple of different routes. Our hotel was on one route. The next day we took a taxi to pier. This bus shuttle had a stop in front of Canada Place and we used this shuttle to return to the airport. The shuttle has a time schedule. It stopped at different hotels so we saw a bite of the city at the same time. It was cheaper than cruise transfer and cabs.

A few years ago, I had a hotel booked through Priceline in Vancouver. I bought at the airport (along the wall after the baggage area) return tickets (I think $17/pp) a bus shuttle that went to different hotels. It had a couple of different routes. Our hotel was on one route. The next day we took a taxi to pier. This bus shuttle had a stop in front of Canada Place and we used this shuttle to return to the airport. The shuttle has a time schedule. It stopped at different hotels so we saw a bite of the city at the same time. It was cheaper than cruise transfer and cabs.

By bidding on Priceline is a great way to get a room in Vancouver. In the past few weeks posters have been saying that they have been getting rooms at about $100 in 4* hotels. Unfortunately the Airporter Shuttle that you took a few years ago ceased operation last fall shortly after the new Canada Line, from YVR to downtown) opened. A cab fare from almost any downtown hotel to Canada Place will be $10.

The Canada Line is a great way to get downtown or to Canada Place; the caveat is that you must be able to handle all of your own luggage and have a reasonable degree of mobility. The cars have been designed to take pax with luggage and the stations are all well signed.

The Airporter bus no longer runs as there is a new subway line from airport to downtown. (3 blocks from Canada Place).

Archived