Barcelona Hotels

Go to the Ports of Call boards. Click on Europe. Click on Spain ports. Put "Barcelona" in the search window. There will be lots of recommendations for hotels; this is how we decided on Hotel Continental Palacete.

Looking for recommendations for Barcelona hotels please for 2-3 nights pre & one night post cruise.

I would read the tripadvisor Barcelona guide to narrow down your choices and then either ask questions there or on the Spain ports of call board on these forums.

Hotel Villa Emilia www.hotelvillaemilia.com

Hotel Jazz www.hoteljazz.com

Holiday Inn Express Barcelona City-22 @ http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/bcnba/hoteldetail

Stayed in all of the above and can recommend them all.

Hotel Jazz is walking distance from Ramblas, good rates and rooms.

Villa Emilia has great restaurant and roof top bar, good price, great rooms.

Holiday Inn Express is inexpensive but great value, modern, clean and in a quieter business district but very accessible via subway.

Looking for recommendations for Barcelona hotels please for 2-3 nights pre & one night post cruise.

We did the Hotel Diagonal prior to our honeymoon Med. cruise in October 2007. We booked through RCL and LOVED it. However, it's ultra modern and a bit out of the way. It was very close to a subway station, so we just used the subway to get around. It's also right across from a large shopping mall, where I picked up something I had forgotten to pack and we also had some good sangria one evening. It was a great hotel and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again (however, we're young and LOVE ultra modern hotels!)

We stayed at the Hotel Miramar. Up on a hill that overlooks the port and city, 10 min walk to Las Ramblas, 30 second walk to Hop on Hop off bus, taxis and public transportation. 1 minute walk to the Arial Trams, beautiful park setting. We also stayed at Hotel Jazz after the Miramar and although the Jazz was good it couldn't hold a candle to the Miramar. Watch your ship come in!

http://www.hotelmiramarbarcelona.com/

We're staying at the Hotel Barcelona Universal two nights pre-cruise next year. It got terrific write ups on trip advisor. Several others from our roll call are staying at the Continental and also their sister hotel, the Palacente. Good luck!

We have stayed at the Hotel Continental along with aout 10 other couples last year and loved it. Free food, wine, beer, soft drinks. This year we (25 couples) are staying at the Hotel Continental (Sister hotel on Las Ramblas) Obviously we all love these hotels!!!:D

We've stayed at the Regina and the Grand Hotel Central and would recommend both. I agree that Trip Advisor is a better source of info than these boards. These boards are great for cruises but you still have a limited number of people using them, compared to the many who use Trip Advisor when researching various cities.

We stayed at The Hotel Jazz for our Sept 09 Voyager cruise. Very modern and beautiful hotel, with reasonable rates. The swimming pool on the roof was a great place to relax after a long day of sightseeing

Sailed from Barcelona in January which was my 3rd time. Stayed at the Hotel AC Villamari near Plaza Espana. It is a fabulous hotel with a great location.

Near Olympic Park, several art museums, a 15 minute walk to Las Ramblas,

2 blocks from a subway stop, on a quiet street in a neighborhood with lots of tapas bars and restaurants.

My boyfriend and I stayed in Hotel Market in Barcelona a few days prior to our cruise. It is in the San Antono area. Only 20 minutes walk from Las Ramblas and 10 minutes from the metro station. Lovely hotel and the food in the restaurant is lovely.

The last time I stayed in Barcelona was with my parents and the hotel we stayed in was H10 Gravina. Not sure what area this was in but it was near to Placa de Catalunya and Las Ramblas.

We stayed at the Olivia Plaza last year. I booked it myself through hotels.com. Very nice. Walking distance to Las Ramblas and right across the street was a tour office. You will enjoy this hotel if you stayed there.

Archived