I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

[quote name=R. Wethere

9053966989_3ff4f1cfb9_b.jpg

Mutton Bustin' competitor at a local Professional Rodeo

Awww...I vote that 'picture of the year!' Very nice up close & personal portrait! The eyelashes - the sheepish grin! Gotta love those 'sheepish' ones!

• 3 weeks later...
Beautiful -- that is a lot of sunflower plants.

Thanks, I was surprised to find these fields growing not far from my home. They really are a sight to see. These pictures were taken from just one of seven fields.

Cool pictures. I love the bokeh in the first two images!

Thank-you, I use my telephoto lens to get these results. I've always wanted a macro lens to take close up pictures, but I do love how this lens creates beautiful bokeh.

• 2 weeks later...

Taken a couple of weeks ago but I wasn't allowed to post it online until the physical announcements were mailed out.

My daughter had the idea from something seen on Pintrest and since her husband owns and runs a small dairy, it seemed appropriate. I built the box and designed the logo (added in post-process, not painted on) while she knitted the blanket and found the cow hat online (from England no less). The light was provided by a couple of wireless flash units slaved to my A77 and the artsy vignetting and lettering was done in Elements. We printed them at 6" x 6" and damn, they look good! :D

A fun family project!

Welcome Matthew!

p1849582243-5.jpg

Dave

Taken a couple of weeks ago but I wasn't allowed to post it online until the physical announcements were mailed out.

My daughter had the idea from something seen on Pintrest and since her husband owns and runs a small dairy, it seemed appropriate. I built the box and designed the logo (added in post-process, not painted on) while she knitted the blanket and found the cow hat online (from England no less). The light was provided by a couple of wireless flash units slaved to my A77 and the artsy vignetting and lettering was done in Elements. We printed them at 6" x 6" and damn, they look good! :D

A fun family project!

Welcome Matthew!

p1849582243-5.jpg

Dave

What a cutie. Can also be used as blackmail in about 16 years - "Behave or we'll show this to your new girlfriend."

A fun family project!

Welcome Matthew!

p1849582243-5.jpg

Dave

Really nice work. Love the composition and lighting.

A fun family project!

Welcome Matthew!

p1849582243-5.jpg

Dave

What a cute baby and a great idea for his photo! I love the photo, the concept, and your post work Dave.

Bryan

Edited by Multi-Cruiser

A fun family project!

Welcome Matthew!

p1849582243-5.jpg

Dave

I love it!!

Great family job.

Dave, that is a very nice image of the new grandson. Congratulations. Nice Photoshop work also.

I haven’t participated in this forum much recently. It has been a crazy summer of lots of work and travel. I will be around more often.

While I certainly didn’t take these today, they are from the last couple of months with trips to Barcelona, Spain a Mediterranean cruise and time in Bar Harbor, Maine.

Full moon over the Bar Harbor Inn

original.jpg

Streets in Barcelona are similar…..

original.jpg

To the canals in Venice.

original.jpg

Larry