I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

Dave, that is a very nice image of the new grandson. Congratulations. Nice Photoshop work also.

I haven’t participated in this forum much recently. It has been a crazy summer of lots of work and travel. I will be around more often.

While I certainly didn’t take these today, they are from the last couple of months with trips to Barcelona, Spain a Mediterranean cruise and time in Bar Harbor, Maine.

Full moon over the Bar Harbor Inn

original.jpg

Streets in Barcelona are similar…..

original.jpg

To the canals in Venice.

original.jpg

Larry

Nice images Larry. I love how many countries outside the US have such narrow streets, and Venice looks so beautiful.

Dave, that is a very nice image of the new grandson. Congratulations. Nice Photoshop work also.

I haven’t participated in this forum much recently. It has been a crazy summer of lots of work and travel. I will be around more often.

While I certainly didn’t take these today, they are from the last couple of months with trips to Barcelona, Spain a Mediterranean cruise and time in Bar Harbor, Maine.

Full moon over the Bar Harbor Inn

original.jpg

Streets in Barcelona are similar…..

original.jpg

To the canals in Venice.

original.jpg

Larry

Great pictures.

Been to all those places.

Bar Harbor -- we have never been there late at night to see the inn all lit up -- but certainly have had lunch there. Lobster of course.

Misc stuff from vacation:

9349808816_ed1aa697c2_c.jpg

"Pilgrims/Tourists" ascending the side of the Pyramid to the Sun God at Teotihuacán Pyramid Mexico

9366585581_1976cba575_c.jpg

Cactus Blossom at Tula Ruins near Mexico City

9377560615_73a759abd0_c.jpg

Larry, the streets in Guanajuato, Mexico are not as narrow as Venice ... but it looks like that is a good thing! Market day in Guanajuato (North of Mexico City)

R. Wethereyet,

Yup. I am gong to guess that all pre-industrial cities have their narrow winding streets. And, on our last cruise, by the time we wandered them in Rome, we had had enough of the crowds.

BTW, your Flickr photos are fantastic.

Larry

Really nice work. Love the composition and lighting.

What a cutie. Can also be used as blackmail in about 16 years - "Behave or we'll show this to your new girlfriend."

What a cute baby and a great idea for his photo! I love the photo, the concept, and your post work Dave.

Bryan

I love it!!

Great family job.

Larry

Thanks folks. The little guy is certainly receiving the celebrity treatment. he is our fifth but the first for the in-laws...and a boy to boot!

I'll try to keep the flood of baby pics to a trickle, but he sure is photogenic! :D

Dave

Nothing to post pic-wise but I just had to comment on the wonderful photos that have been posted lately. Amazing job everyone.

Dave, that photo of the babe is priceless. What beautiful birth announcements they made. Really lovely. :)

Taken a couple of weeks ago but I wasn't allowed to post it online until the physical announcements were mailed out.

My daughter had the idea from something seen on Pintrest and since her husband owns and runs a small dairy, it seemed appropriate. I built the box and designed the logo (added in post-process, not painted on) while she knitted the blanket and found the cow hat online (from England no less). The light was provided by a couple of wireless flash units slaved to my A77 and the artsy vignetting and lettering was done in Elements. We printed them at 6" x 6" and damn, they look good! :D

A fun family project!

Welcome Matthew!

p1849582243-5.jpg

Dave

That's a superb image!

There was a strange orange sky last night, I went out to take a look

DSC02286_zpsda7d7bbe.jpg

The color wasn't as bright by the time I got out there with the camera, but still pretty beautiful. Has anybody been watching "The Dome"?

Vic

Edited by Victress2007

The color wasn't as bright by the time I got out there with the camera, but still pretty beautiful. Has anybody been watching "The Dome"?

Vic

That was exactly my first thought. And yes, I'm watching. Even with all the departures from the book.

DSC02286_zpsda7d7bbe.jpg

Vic

Very unusual picture.

I haven't watched that show but have seen the commercials. In fact I thought of that show when I first looked at your picture.